Extraction UPDATE: Version 23549 - September 2013

(Rex) #21

[QUOTE=dirtybomber;468970]Reduced spread increase rates by 20%
Increased player acceleration by 20%

does this mean game has got more dynamic?[/QUOTE]

That means we are going more in the direction of tracking based aim.

(fubar) #22

Great! Looking forward to this patch. One thing that I’d reconsider however is, if I understood it correctly, the spectator mechanic on gibbed players. Being:

Incapped players are now force into a team only spectate mode (disabled on match servers)

This should be implemented on stopwatch/competitive play as well. Being able to spectate your teammates whilst dead and give additional calls on comms or merely just having a better overview of the game is far preferred over staring at the scenery of your death, also gives you the option to choose whether you want to (if not gibbed) tab out and follow your team-mate’s views or keep an eye on the location you died in.

(dAR3N) #23

Splash I love you,Smooth I hate you.
Overall,I love Extraction.

(Volcano) #24

[QUOTE=dAR3N;468986]Splash I love you,Smooth I hate you.
Overall,I love Extraction.[/QUOTE]

(Ruben0s) #25

4 gb patches all the time, potty will hate you guys.

Anyway, is there a reason why my upload speed stays around 700kb a sec?

(Violator) #26

[QUOTE=Samurai.;468983]
Originally Posted by Anti

Removed additional movement penalty on consecutive jumps - players still land with running speed if they jump while sprinting
Increased weapon spread when jumping
Reduced spread increase rates by 20%
Increased player acceleration by 20%

Oh my… i thought the day would never come. Shame I’m stuck on my laptop till the weekend but can’t wait to test the consecutive jumping on an empty server and the increased player acceleration + reduced spread increase sounds so awesome on paper.[/QUOTE]

Great news on this front + cricket battering :D.

(Volcano) #27

[QUOTE=Ruben0s;468990]

4 gb patches all the time, potty will hate you guys.

Anyway, is there a reason why my upload speed stays around 700kb a sec?[/QUOTE]

trade ya ruben

(Ruben0s) #28

Just played, and there are a lot of graphic bugs.

(en2ie) #29

Well the patch notes certainly look good!

Great work getting this out so soon, thought it would be another few weeks at least.

(jRAD) #30

If you limit your upload, you effectively limit your download too…

(chippy) #31

Want to play, want to play, want to play, want to play!

The changes concerning movement penalty, spread and acceleration sounds awesome. Please let the UI be good!

(INF3RN0) #32

Hell f^%&* yeah! Can’t wait to test this out hopefully by Thursday!

(Erkin31) #33

Good news for the jumps.

(rapid_shot) #34
  • Love the new spread.
  • Movement is much more fluid.
  • Proxy’s bat is comically British and huge.
  • Forcing spectator after incapped is unfortunate because I love the ghosts. (sometimes incapped too fast). My suggestion is press space when ready to spectate team after incapped.
  • Love the new HUD.
  • Not enough warning on the airstrike IMO.
  • Still hate classless objectives. I’m just not going to sit behind the EV as medic to repair it for 10 min waiting to be killed. I think this idea is actually having a reverse effect. Now everyone thinks they can be any class to get objectives done. However, they don’t want to do the objective because it just takes them too long and will almost certainly get them killed. Then you end up with no one doing the objective.

(RasteRayzeR) #35

[QUOTE=Anti;468969]We may have messed up making the patch which is why it is a 4GB full download, sorry :frowning:

This is what happens when Smooth and Toomic leave us alone to do updates :D[/QUOTE]

Dont’ worry, even Smooth makes mistakes and triggers a 4GO update xD

EDIT : downloading - downloading - downloading - downloading - downloading - downloading - downloading - downloading - downloading - downloading - downloading - downloading - downloading - downloading - downloading - downloading - downloading - downloading - downloading - downloading - downloading - downloading - downloading - downloading - downloading - downloading - downloading - downloading - etc

(prophett) #36

“Increased weapon spread when jumping” - YES!!!

(tacocat) #37

great patch, loving it so far.

i’ll take the opportunity to suggest 1 feature i dearly care about, not worth making a whole thread about it.
-disabling my own bullet tracers
even on a slightly higher ping its a little weird, they’re going all over the place yet i still am hitting well.
Thank goodness you could disable them in ETpro, would be a neat little feature in Xt as well.

(k1ruaa) #38

I played a bit and… this patch is awesome. SD is in my opinion going in the right direction. The movement speed feels really better so aiming too. Jumping is better, air strike is great, grenade launcher seems usable now.
Some bugs here and there but really well played SD.

(iwound) #39

unplayable for me atm. im dieing before i can even press the mouse button. from guns.
as soon as i reach the enemy thats pretty much it.
explosives are fine. nice fx.
fps seems to be higher and game smoother.

classes have been switched around!
menu is slow to use.

nice to hear proxys voice, wish it was higher.
bat is fun but weak and needs a good sound effect.
lots of nice polish.

(fzl) #40

i have a simple question…

im using the same config for the last 3 builds

1.patch 150-220fps

2.patch 90-130fps

last patch 20-50fps (all on a full 16 slot server)

at the next patch i get 1 fps or what?

this is not funny anymore… gg sd