Explosive damage...

(Adders2097) #1

Hey guys, can we talk seriously about the amount of damage some explosives do? Im not talking about airstrikes or the laser. Im talking about mines, nade launchers and rocket launchers! I still think these tools would still be over powered if they did half the damage.

So mines: Not too much of an issue when you run into them, that is fair enough. Im talking about when Proxy runs into 3 guys and chucks one in the pack killing them all without any chance of avoiding the damage. I would be more than happy with the damage if say we had a little cast time on the mine. half a second where she has to stand still at least allowing you to react.

Grenade launchers: Straight up does too much damage, getting blown up round a corner because they’ve got rounds to waste just isn’t fun. So we need a nerf on the damage, less rounds or time in between shots needs an increase.

Rocket launchers: Shouldn’t be in a game like this period. I understand that the EV needs taking down and its got a good amount of HP and god bless the guys that actually use it for things like that. However running into a 1v1 with them managing to switch weapons and still get the rocket off is a joke. Again if it has to be in the game then we need a bigger cast time.

Would like to get some constructive feedback on this among then undoubted “you are just bad” comments.
Thanks for the time you took to read this
Regards
Adders

(GatoCommodore) #2

1st, proxy mine monkey counter is just walk backwards if she decide to throw mines

2nd, Grenade launcher can also be avoided and it has distinct sound effect and red circle for enemies

3rd, rocket launcher is not more OP than something like skyhammer, kira, arty ability.
each deal over 200 damage but each of them good in their own niche role and map.

kira and javelin is more anti-infantry than anti EV hence the guiding mechanism.
while skyhammer and arty more anti camp and EV hence they use marker because their targets are rather predictable.

(Adders2097) #3

I disagree, its not just the damage that is the issue and saying you can avoid a proxy by just running backwards is pure BS. Its the fact that they can get them abilities off mid exchange. Also the rocket is way worse than the airstrikes, obviously we havent had the same experiences playing the game. The whole thing is messy imo and I think a few tweaks will make the game rival ET:QW Promod in its heyday.

(GatoCommodore) #4

@Adders2097 said:
I disagree, its not just the damage that is the issue and saying you can avoid a proxy by just running backwards is pure BS. Its the fact that they can get them abilities off mid exchange. Also the rocket is way worse than the airstrikes, obviously we havent had the same experiences playing the game. The whole thing is messy imo and I think a few tweaks will make the game rival ET:QW Promod in its heyday.

she needs to get to close range to drop the mine, then she has to switch weapon, then she needs to shoot the mine with high chance the enemy can shoot the mine first, and on top of it all she needs to survive being shot at.

and to even sweeten the shistorm the radius and hitreg of the mine is a joke.

(neverplayseriou) #5

lol, “she has to switch weapon” when proxy throws a mine and shoots it and you get killed by it even the ghost figure shows proxy still in her throwing animation, the time required to throw a mine and shoot it is barely anything.

(GatoCommodore) #6

@neverplayseriou said:
lol, “she has to switch weapon” when proxy throws a mine and shoots it and you get killed by it even the ghost figure shows proxy still in her throwing animation, the time required to throw a mine and shoot it is barely anything.

yeah and when you get killed by a mine just laying around in random places also has the death cam where proxy is laying the mine.

and if you arent slow enough you can actually shoot proxy dead before she can shoot the mine because she need to switch back to her weapon and shoot the mine…

(Adders2097) #7

@GatoCommodore said:

@neverplayseriou said:

yeah and when you get killed by a mine just laying around in random places also has the death cam where proxy is laying the mine.

and if you arent slow enough you can actually shoot proxy dead before she can shoot the mine because she need to switch back to her weapon and shoot the mine…

If you are fast enough to land 5 headshots on a moving Proxy as she pops round the corner, before she throws and mine and still manage to dodge it. Then you are a god among men.

I don’t say this with no experience, I’ve been an avid player of all splashdamage FPS from ET:wolf to Dirtybomb, With tournament level play in ETQW and Brink. It just seems to me that they have sold out by implementing dodgy and just plan cheesy CoD mechanics like martyrdom and Javelin actually says “noobtube” while killing 3 people with her rocket. Yet she cant land a single kill outside of that 45 sec CD or whatever it is.

I think its a valid point and you are just picking holes in how you can dodge a mine if you are “good” enough.

(GatoCommodore) #8

@Adders2097 said:

@GatoCommodore said:

@neverplayseriou said:

If you are fast enough to land 5 headshots on a moving Proxy as she pops round the corner, before she throws and mine and still manage to dodge it. Then you are a god among men.

I don’t say this with no experience, I’ve been an avid player of all splashdamage FPS from ET:wolf to Dirtybomb, With tournament level play in ETQW and Brink. It just seems to me that they have sold out by implementing dodgy and just plan cheesy CoD mechanics like martyrdom and Javelin actually says “noobtube” while killing 3 people with her rocket. Yet she cant land a single kill outside of that 45 sec CD or whatever it is.

I think its a valid point and you are just picking holes in how you can dodge a mine if you are “good” enough.

proxy hp is 90
you know what, you dont need to get headshot to shutdown mine monkey proxy

M4, assault rifle with mediocre rate of fire, body damage per 1 second is 124

okay then lets find something weaker

Hochfir, really fast rate of fire but very small damage, Body DPS is 124,9
you can miss some bullets and she will still be dead

okay then we find something even weaker than hochfir

Tolen MP, fast fire rate and only has 30 in magazine. Body DPS is 112

conclusion, you can just body shot her when she drops the mine, by the time she change back to her gun shes dead.

Proxy coming out of a corner, revealing herself in general means shes not a good proxy because walking backward just reduces her mine radius about half of it and you can also shoot her mine to kill her teammates.

her mines are so bugged that you can trigger it from behind the wall.

good proxy dont even give you time to react by dropping mines because because she dont need to. her speed and weapon sets are configured to be fast attack merc.