ExitLevel:Executed

(Patriotqube) #21

Im not using any host, have my own setup, or rather have a setup on our sponsors hardware (http://www.qubenet.net)
Not interested in getting it to work really :slight_smile: sorry but if im going to scrim again it will be on etpro with TZAC added.

your sure you cant use config files on etpub? like this from clanbase global6.config maybe with a few small adjustments to the file? or take the settings needed from it and put into your cfg?

those config files contains all the info needed for a scrim, like what classes/weapons are allowed, maptimes, etc etc

(sneak) #22

[QUOTE=cheesy;403336]Oh I see, the ingame callvote. That is so ancient I did not think people were still using it. I do remember that during the development of etpub 0.9.x there were several complaints about it and people were scratching their heads because of all the bugs. Never completely resolved.

• Try adding vote_allow_map 1
  • Try a map script directory listed in the server.cfg, even if no custom scripts yet. This directory goes in the same folder as server.cfg (i.e. etpub\mapscripts\ )
  • Check to make sure your slots in the game host console does not conflict with what is in the server.cfg…or the host will stop map rotations.
  • Looking at end of your config, you are forcing watchdog and frostbite map before any other rotation, delete that crap and put…

//ROTATION
exec stopwatch.cfg
set com_watchdog 60 // this is just incase the stopwatch fails
set com_watchdog_cmd “exec campaigncycle.cfg”

• Here is my old map configs…

//MAP CONFIGS
set vote_allow_map 1
set vote_allow_nextmap 0
set g_gametype “2” // never tried 3
set g_mapVoteFlags 13 // adjust as needed
set g_maxMapsVotedFor 15 // must be less than total maps
set g_minMapAge 3
set g_mapScriptDirectory “required for next map if voting”
set g_excludedMaps " :battery:radar " //adjust as needed[/QUOTE]

In-game callvote is not ancient at all, it’s probably the most commonly used method to change the map from a normal player, especially in scrim situations.

I see your showing me your old settings; they involve gametype 2, when the gametype I’m trying to load is 3. I was setting frostbite and using watchdog to set frostbite because as I’ve been saying countless times it isn’t necessary to have some script. Now I will blow your mind and prove it to you, hurry because I’m unsure when gameservers will shut off this server…

Here are the exact files being used by this server (I changed the maps and pak0 to a text file with the same name so it wouldn’t make it huge, and changed passwords.): https://dl.dropbox.com/u/78565291/GS-server.rar

Note: Both hosts run et300.

Here is the live server for you to connect to, password is “lol” : 68.232.163.139:27960

I’ve turned the speed to double the default so you can complete the objective faster. Just join allied on frostbite and goahead and complete objective, and then click “Ready” in the intermission. You will see that the way I am doing it does in-fact work just fine once you do all this :). It will load the same map again and when you ready up it will indeed say “stopwatch round 2” at the top of the screen.

I put the exact same files onto my new server, and it gives me the exit level: executed error. Now hopefully you all believe me that this is actually possible to do since I’ve given you a live test server to see for yourself.

I think it’s something to do with the new server. I was wondering if this mattered because etpub team said they used 2.13-34:

# ldd --version
ldd (GNU libc) 2.12
Copyright (C) 2010 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Written by Roland McGrath and Ulrich Drepper.

[QUOTE=Patriotqube;403337]Im not using any host, have my own setup, or rather have a setup on our sponsors hardware (http://www.qubenet.net)
Not interested in getting it to work really :slight_smile: sorry but if im going to scrim again it will be on etpro with TZAC added.

your sure you cant use config files on etpub? like this from clanbase global6.config maybe with a few small adjustments to the file? or take the settings needed from it and put into your cfg?

those config files contains all the info needed for a scrim, like what classes/weapons are allowed, maptimes, etc etc[/QUOTE]

yea I know they do, I was told they don’t work in etpub… have not tried.

(sneak) #23

Installed Ubuntu 12.04-LTS x64 and got same result.

(sneak) #24

Edit in progress

(sneak) #25

I’ve found the solution!

et300 is (in some cases)not compatible with etpub 0.9.1 or 1.0 r477+, ETJump 2.0, and possible other mods if you plan to use gametype 3. I’m, using et300 on my silent 0.5.2 server with gametype 6 without a problem. Also using it on nitmod 2.2 server with gametype 8 (deathmatch map rotation script) without a problem.

My two etpro servers do not run et300 because of etpro’s integrity checks on the binary.

So recap:
Don’t use et300 with gametype 3 on:
etpub
etjump

Works on:
gametype 6 (etpub/silent), gametype 8 (nitmod)

I’m doing it fine like this with etded.x86:
set g_gametype “3”
set g_altstopwatchmode “1”
map “frostbite”
set com_watchdog 30
set com_watchdog_cmd “exec map.cfg”

My map.cfg:
set g_gametype “3”
set g_altstopwatchmode “1”
map “frostbite”