Execution is Coming to Dirty Bomb - Test Weekend

(Anti) #41

[QUOTE=Seanza;526983]Wow, preview streams with e-celebs but no chance for VIPs to get an early look at the game. What has changed so much for VIPs to no longer get exclusive content? This sucks :frowning:

edit: Stream viewers are getting a chance ahead of VIPs![/QUOTE]

I appreciate what you’re saying Seanza but you have to understand that sometimes specific activities or events are going to have their own goals that mean we can’t always give the VIPs a heads-up or access.

We’ll do what we can to ensure you folk get special events, input on content and so on but you have to understand VIP status doesn’t mean early access to everything, that’s an unreasonable expectation and not one we ever suggested was going to happen. On occasions, for various reasons, there will be things that you just find out at the same time as everybody else.

That said your suggestion later in the thread is a good one, I imagine we should be able to have a VIP server active some time before events like this in future that you folk can jump on to. I’ll discuss it with various people here when I’m back in the office.

(Szakalot) #42

VIP server with FF on? yeeee-eeees

(Seanza) #43

Is it fair to say that it was implied that VIPs/Founders would get exclusive content and first looks?

It was always that way before, it’s only changed in the last few months without any kind of notice. I’m sure there wouldn’t be as many disgruntled VIPers/Founders if there was a notice like “Right guys, we’re reaching a critical stage with the game now RE: marketing and momentum building. We’re not going to have time to give you guys the insider info like we did before but we’ll do what we can.” It all comes back to communication again dude.

I hate coming across as a ungrateful member of this community (surprising, eh?) but it’s just frustrating when this game and the inside information has been such a source of great fun and a sense of togetherness for the last 2 to 3 years. It really felt great to be contacted by SD to test this game as a nod to my efforts in your previous titles, now it just seems like SD cares less. But I’m not saying you guys do, I actually think it’s a result of 2 very different companies coming together - neither of which have any ill intent.

Thanks for replying and sorry again to sound like such a see you next Tuesday.

(tangoliber) #44

[QUOTE=Seanza;527036]Is it fair to say that it was implied that VIPs/Founders would get exclusive content and first looks?
[/QUOTE]

I think that just means you will get exclusive content and first looks for some things. But not everything.

(Seanza) #45

Historically we always had the opportunity to try stuff in the game before it went out.

(scre4m.) #46

loooooool…

(xdc) #47

nice a execution stress test, what I’ve been waiting for. except this one only has 5 mercs

Wait, what was the point of re-releasing mercs that were previously in the game before, and calling it a merc update?

(Nail) #48

[QUOTE=xdc;528695]nice a execution stress test, what I’ve been waiting for. except this one only has 5 mercs

Wait, what was the point of re-releasing mercs that were previously in the game before, and calling it a merc update?[/QUOTE]

the test was 2 weeks ago

(Szakalot) #49

doesnt matter, he just came here to whine