Execution is Coming to Dirty Bomb - Test Weekend

(Seanza) #21

What a shame! I really think matchmaking Execution (if it’s to be like S&D) will be the way this game goes and might actually be fun.

(Mustang) #22

Regarding tie-breaking, there is always the Tennis method.

(spookify) #23

Which is???

(Mustang) #24

You don’t have tennis over there?

Deuce > Advantage > Game

(DarkangelUK) #25

Couldnt’ combined round timers determine the winner? Who ever has the quickest plant times combined when they were on attack wins.

(BioSnark) #26

I’m sure I’ll hate it when I play it but that map looks like a place and not a tunnel. yay ;_;

(Szakalot) #27

Like this method; clean and simple. Would need to see individual round times or ‘collective’ time for all rounds - we spend 10 min to win 4 offensive rounds, the opponent spent 12 min to win 4 offensive rounds.

@Biosnark,

yeah the map looks good; lots of paths , from the overlay.

(BioSnark) #28

friendly fire? :3

(Szakalot) #29

they said on stream today that in their internal playtests people died a lot from friendly fire.

I call BS (Bad Story)

a) no FF hitsounds (or did you implement them for yourself?)
b) FF is something you have to learn to live with. Obviously if people just throw airstrikes/mines/nades/etc. mindlessly at the opponent you’ll get a lot of teamkills. Based on how fast the game is, it will take few good days for any player to optimize their playstyle for FF.
c) imagine all the teamwork!

• blowing your teammate’s mines to kill the opponent
  • people running in AFTER the airstrike, rather than in the middle of it
  • chokes that you can actually push through taking advantage of a one-sided enemy setup

(DarkangelUK) #30

People need to get used to FF, it doesn’t happen over night. You get a lot of friendly damage/kills to begin with then you adapt and stop spamming like a bitch… it should have been in there in the first place so people didn’t get used to spamming their SMG at an enemy and a team mate doing the tango in front of you.

(BioSnark) #31

[QUOTE=Szakalot;526849]they said on stream today that in their internal playtests people died a lot from friendly fire.
[…]
b) FF is something you have to learn to live with. Obviously if people just throw airstrikes/mines/nades/etc. mindlessly at the opponent you’ll get a lot of teamkills. Based on how fast the game is, it will take few good days for any player to optimize their playstyle for FF.[/QUOTE]
Depressing! D:

At least set a friendly fire damage multiplier to .5, until user interface/feedback is in, and run the test in the interested closed beta population. Doesn’t seem like anyone in these forums is not interested in running that test.

I’d say this all seems too conservative for a game in cb except it was also conservative, beforehand. The sub-point in point B that you’re too polite to mention is that the average and/or minimum skill level in the player base in execution is likely a bit higher than in internal playtesting if those tests only consist of developers.

(PixelTwitch) #32

If its switch side each round then you can do first to 6 but you must lead by 2 points. If it ends up at 9-9 its a draw.

(Seanza) #33

Wow, preview streams with e-celebs but no chance for VIPs to get an early look at the game. What has changed so much for VIPs to no longer get exclusive content? This sucks :frowning:

edit: Stream viewers are getting a chance ahead of VIPs!

(meat) #34

[QUOTE=Seanza;526983]Wow, preview streams with e-celebs but no chance for VIPs to get an early look at the game. What has changed so much for VIPs to no longer get exclusive content? This sucks :frowning:

edit: Stream viewers are getting a chance ahead of VIPs![/QUOTE]

you could have joined in after the stream a lot of the VIPS are playing right now password is “terminate”

(Nail) #35

smells like Nexon calling the shots

(Seanza) #36

I get that if I had stayed up late to play I could have watched the stream to possibly get a chance to join the server. But I didn’t find out about this until I was already in bed (work at 6AM!). Remember the days VIPS used to get information ahead of the masses?

(DarkangelUK) #37

It was a promotional stream showcasing a new mode (which we know about and have played minus the C4) to give as much exposure as possible by using streamers, I completely understand the reasoning.

(chippy) #38

This. Not even a hint.

(BioSnark) #39

In fairness, the information was copied into general within hours.

(Seanza) #40

I understand the reasoning too, it’s marketing. They felt now was a good time to market it. But it’s been in the game since the last update, so why not have a little VIP server open for us all to play?