Execution C4 exploit or not?

(jemstar) #1

Oke for those of us that love execution you will be aware of the C4 exploit that has been discovered since Exe was bought back.

So I am talking about how you can plant the C4 away from the actual site if you know how to do it!

Now what I am wondering is how players feel about it.

• Is it just some fun?
  • Is it cheating?
  • Is it in poor sportsmanship?
  • Is it a valid way of using the game’s parameters to advantage?

For me I tend to be of the thinking that its more of an ‘Easter Egg’ than an exploit or glitch. It is not achieved through hax or witchery, just knowing what keys and mouse buttons to press and where to do it from. For me I can’t see how it’s a glitch. How do you accidentally put into the game a set of key strokes and button presses that result in planting C4 on the move?

I agree it could be seen as bad form, especially when you plant on top of boxes too high for the average player to reach. So I would say I am happy with it if you plant where it is reasonable that the average player can get to it.

Planting high up out of reach of average players is not only bad form but suggests that a smol pingus is being compensated for!

When the C4 exploit is used many scream HAAAAAAX!

I don’t think it can be considered hax, but:

• should it be allowed or should admins on servers punished players that use it?
  • should it be allowed to be used anywhere including high places? or,
  • should it only be used if placed in reasonably reachable places?

What do we think?

(Your worst knifemare.) #2

I barely see anyone use it in the games i play, but usually when people use it the map layout doesnt give better areas except mabye for corners.

Only if its Proxy or Fragger

(Mc1412013) #3

Depends if were loosing or the games stacked then yes

(jemstar) #4

Yeah generally the High box plant is poor sportsmanship but if you are losing badly I can turn a blind eye. also you are fairly exposed while running around planting so snakes and ladders!

(Press E) #5

I haven’t actually seen this in game since I haven’t played much lately, but definitely doesn’t sound like an intended mechanic, so I think it’s safe to call it an exploit. Glitches can have some really weird triggers after all, it was the same with the run-with-charged-defibs exploit

But doesn’t sound that bad as long as players can figure out what’s going on and people aren’t using it to be really tryhardy. It’s one thing if anyone can figure it out, but it’s another if only a few people know about it. Because usually those few people will be high level players who have already mastered the game and don’t need another boost.

There’s a few minor exploits across DB history that were fine because everyone could easily figure them out and adapt to them, they just became part of the game. Things like throwing mines into the wall at eye level on the second obj in terminal to make them harder to spot or stuffing bush turrets into thin walls. Exploits that anyone can figure out at a glance, and don’t have any major game impact. Sometimes they can even mix up gameplay for the better

So TL;DR I think it’s fine as long as it’s not just high level players doing it to be tryhardy against low levels, but nothing wrong with server admins wanting to ban it, as long as they give warnings first imo

(jemstar) #6

Yeah most ppl are figuring it out. And you can see where the c4 is planted, my only complaint when ppl plant on high boxes that only good jumpers can reach!

(Mc1412013) #7

Damn theres only 4 people left in the forums :pensive::pensive:

(Mustang) #8

Not a lot to talk about, waiting for a new PC game.

(Your worst knifemare.) #9

We’re the ones whos ready for db2

(Mc1412013) #10

Outcasters pc port when stadia finaly flops