Execution Being disabled??????

(Tripledevil1) #1

So hi my names in game Crs_InfEdge and i been playing this game since it came out i left computer gaming for awhile and when i log in today, i goto server browser in this new loading screen lol… But anyway i was going to search for execution servers and saw they only have stopwatch, and objective… I’m depressed to the fact that execution was a very competitive gamemode that was really fun, and enjoyable with your pals. Yes the player cap is hard to make work but i believe you are limiting the player skill cap. On those three maps (Gallery,overground,market). Players were able to find the most out of their merc to their fullest. it makes players ahve a keen sense of player movement around the map,of coarse with communication… Im not going far into detail on that, but for the record execution was a high player cap game mode that many of us long time players grown and loved.

leave me your thoughts and opinions…

-InfEdge

Yes, Execution is no longer playable. Splash Damage decided to stop supporting that mode due to the low player count it had and instead want to focus on the core gameplay.
You can however still load into the Execution maps through the usage of the console if I’m not mistaken.

(frostyvampire) #3

@Kirays said:
Yes, Execution is no longer playable. Splash Damage decided to stop supporting that mode due to the low player count it had and instead want to focus on the core gameplay.
You can however still load into the Execution maps through the usage of the console if I’m not mistaken.

The main reason wasn’t because the low player count. It was mainly because the gamemode didn’t suit Dirty Bomb’s fast phase and all the balancing was done based around on obj/sw

(jemstar) #4

Yes its very sad that Execution is gone!

(emjot) #5

I hope for some Capture the flag - like game mode.

(bushyg) #6

“a very competitive game mode…” hahaha, good one.

(SnakekillerX) #7

@bushyg said:

You can laugh, but please explain how it wasn’t? From someone who clearly didn’t play the mode.

(ImSploosh) #8

@SnakekillerX said:

@bushyg said:

You can laugh, but please explain how it wasn’t? From someone who clearly didn’t play the mode.

I’m with Snake here.

It was both a very fun and competitive gamemode. The most fun I’ve had in Dirty Bomb was in Execution. People doing crazy things, messing around, and just having pure fun was a great experience. However, it was simultaneously competitive. The pressure was turned on, games got intense, and people clutched for amazing victories. Every round felt that way. It was actually an awesome gamemode with some depth to it despite what some people may think.

It was an unfortunate loss. We can only hope for a decent replacement in the future.

(Artyrim) #9

@emjot said:

Even though I like Capture the Flag, we have half of that mode in maps like chapel with delivering that empty thing that can destroy an entire building.

Btw with rocket launcher,granade launcher,rail gun and with capture the flag we are going to have Quake live here xD

(Nail) #10

@Artyrim said:

@emjot said:

Even though I like Capture the Flag, we have half of that mode in maps like chapel with delivering that empty thing that can destroy an entire building.

Btw with rocket launcher,granade launcher,rail gun and with capture the flag we are going to have Quake live here xD

All things are based on Quake

B)

(jemstar) #11

@SnakekillerX said:

@bushyg said:

I saw @bushyg play execution once…He had trouble climbing the ladder in Overground <3

(Melinder) #12

@jemstar said:

@SnakekillerX said:

@bushyg said:

I saw @bushyg play execution once…He had trouble climbing the ladder in Overground <3

There are ladders in Dirty Bomb?

(bushyg) #13

@Melinder said:

@jemstar said:

@SnakekillerX said:

@bushyg said:

There are ladders in Dirty Bomb?

Not on maps that matter.