Exclusive map testing - First 2 maps of SP Capuzzo

(-SSF-Sage) #21

Thanks!

Did you make the models yourself? Looks nice! Thanks for the offer I might have use for them, I’ll see. :stuck_out_tongue: Have just started making the terrain for the third map. Trying to make it much better than in previous maps. But it’s damn slow by hand. :stroggtapir:

There’s not much use for a release as the maps are still exactly same. And there’s not much else on the todo list atm than what is said here. I thought I’ll make an “official release” when I have all maps ready. I’ll concentrate on the third map for now so I can keep my interrest for the project. :tongue:

(vicpas) #22

Ok. We will wait for news.

(shurr) #23

[QUOTE={SSF}Sage;252619]Did you make the models yourself?[/QUOTE]Oh, no, its converted from Call Of Duty 2.

(BackSnip3) #24

Aaaaaahhh,bad news for your offer :smiley:

(shurr) #25

[QUOTE=BackSnip3;252676]Aaaaaahhh,bad news for your offer :D[/QUOTE] Why?

(vicpas) #26

Originally Posted by BackSnip3
Aaaaaahhh,bad news for your offer

I ask too.
Why?

(Nail) #27

using assets from other games is illegal

(shurr) #28

[QUOTE=Nail;253036]using assets from other games is illegal[/QUOTE]Commercial using is illegal. Custom mapping is noncommercial. People make maps for RTCW and they not profit from their work.
Some MOHAA and COD mappers used RTCW’s stuff (textures, sounds, models).
For example: “Operation Krugerland” for MOHAA, “The Lost Symbol” for COD, “Tram Siege” for MOHSH.
Why RTCW mappers not?
In any case it’s was only an offer…:slight_smile:

(Pegazus) #29

It is illegal, SD admins made it very clear. The same topic was very hot around here 2 years ago, due to that anybody who posts taken/ripped models/textures from other games to here (as download) will be removed by admins, if notified.

Let’s keep this thread clean of this: Discussion of this “can” be continued here.

(.Chris.) #30

Well, aren’t most of the textures used on this map ‘stolen’ from ET?

(Pegazus) #31

Taken from Enemy Territory EULA

Permission to copy, modify, and distribute this software and its documentation, with or without modification, for any purpose and without fee or royalty is hereby granted, provided that you include the following on ALL copies of the software and documentation or portions thereof, including modifications:

That should be the end of this discussion.

(Nail) #32

You may use RTCW assets on a RTCW map, you may use assets from W:ET on a W:ET map, any shared assets may be used for both games. Assets from either game can not be used any where else by law. The same applies to any commercial game (bar minor exceptions) whether the output is for commercial or private usage. You can and will be prosecuted by some game companies.

(vicpas) #33

Hello, {SSF}Sage.
Can you tell how many maps will have this project?

(-SSF-Sage) #34

Hi! Well I could easily go for 6 maps (have plans and ideas for 6), but it would took for ever. Am just too slow and my time is limited. I think I’ll stop it at 3 maps and move on to a new project. Am starting to get enough of sand. :tongue: After all Capuzzo has been around in a way or another for 3 years now. But only time will tell.

(ronboy) #35

Good luck with this project. I hope to see an updated version ready for download soon. :stroggtapir:

(vicpas) #36

Ok! {SSF}Sage.
I hope you don’t give up to publish your final work.

(vicpas) #37

Hello. {SSF}Sage.

You need to facilitate our life(gamers of the single player mode).
We can’t jump like the ET’s player to find the treasures on first map or to find the way to secret place on second map.
Please, Make our life easy.
It is very good to find treasures and secrets on the maps, but we need ways to find them.

(ronboy) #38

[QUOTE=vicpas;254898]Hello. {SSF}Sage.

You need to facilitate our life(gamers of the single player mode).
We can’t jump like the ET’s player to find the treasures on first map or to find the way to secret place on second map.
Please, Make our life easy.
It is very good to find treasures and secrets on the maps, but we need ways to find them.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Putting secret areas such as a room full of ammo and supplies is a good idea. Of course, the room could only be accessed by a hidden button or something like that… :wink:
There are many ways to make a secret area in a map.

(-SSF-Sage) #39

Hehe. The treasures in the first map does not need any jumping skills. You just need to find the route there (not an obvious way). Not possible to jump to the balcony from the house with the ladder to the rooftop. :wink:

On the second map, yes I agree. Requiring few day’s practise of TJ is something not everyone would have. I did not hide these well because it needs a bit thinking to get there.

But good points, I’ll see what I’ll do with them. Thanks for the feedback! :wink:

(-SSF-Sage) #40

Hehe. The treasures in the first map does not need any jumping skills. You just need to find the route there (not an obvious way). Not possible to jump to the balcony from the house with the ladder to the rooftop. :wink:

On the second map, yes I agree. Requiring a day’s practise of TJ is something not everyone would have. You are supposed to find a way to get to a roof and go from roof to roof.

I did not hide these 2 well because it needs a bit thinking to get there. But good points, I’ll see what I’ll do with them. Thanks for the feedback! :wink: