Evolve Big Alpha Keys - This weekend only

(montheponies) #21

if you’ve got one left i’ll take it mate.

(DarkangelUK) #22

Late but 3 to who ever wants

H64H4-5PLDG-EQWN9
H64HR-65KJF-BBHHE
H64HT-B25BM-RE2NW

(rookie1) #23

Wow so many things in that game that should indeed inspired DB.
It has an Defined plausible Battle reason/goal : work together ,hunt the monster before he evolved into an stronger Beast !
Immersion : This game know what it is :slight_smile: …A story ,Wildlife, surroundings,Stress/roar sound,Tactic…
When hunters communicate to find an better strategy (retreat) Can you ask more for Team playing
Class: Hunters has specific job that drive you into An deep team play ,interaction,dynamic ,strategic,you have to make your Brain work :wink:
Monsters : He also has to use strategy ,you leave foot prints on ground ,you crouch you dont leave some ,you can lead hunter into dead end and jump on them like in a trap,
I hear one guy saying he was a monster and at one point he stood still for a while somewhere in the dome ,that way he goes kind of stealthty .Hunters droped the dome thinking he was gone …Tactic
GG & Winner concept :slight_smile:
Nice Game name that represent well what it is .Very Challenging specially if you play the monster .
Game could be very different from game to game ;Different players ,different tactics !

(Seanza) #24

Played for 4 hours tonight, had some games with chippy, Raste, Wezel & Mustang. This game is such good fun when playing against a good Monster and also with mates. The price is a little high for what I get out of it, but it’s great casual fun with mates.

(rookie1) #25

yeah price is insane ,Won’t buy at that price for sure

(INF3RN0) #26

Nearly to level 17 now hehe. My one complaint is that the monster play is way too forgiving, and when one gets a regen buff then all your hard work is lost. A ‘good’ monster player usually just ends up being someone who stealth farms and avoids all engagements until they’ve hit max evolve/buff and the giant AoE abilities+tankiness does the rest. A hunter comp of Val, Hank, Griffin, and Hyde are probably my favorite combo thus far, simply because tracking down and forcing engagements and dishing out as much damage in the early stages is a necessary means to win in the higher levels. Other than that it’s really quite a great game, not really seeing it worth 60dollars- but man it woulda been perfect for a f2p model.

(rookie1) #27

Got catched by a crocrodile ,daisy revived me ,tried to get out of water croco catched me again ,lol ,got revived a second time finally got out of water :smiley:

(n4ts) #28

You still have one ?

(tokamak) #29

Just had a really fun 'I’m not locked in where with you, you’re locked in here with me!" moment in the cute little mobile arena the hunters employed for me. None survived.

(tokamak) #30

Things from Evolve I’d like to see in DB:

• Replay map at the end of the match
  • Harpoon traps
  • Merc with a pet
  • Merc with charge ability
  • Match performance according to global average (preferably for each of the three mercs)
  • Match performance according to personal average

(rookie1) #31

To be honest it’s my Fav MP game out there @ the moment …it’s really fun :slight_smile:

(tokamak) #32

It’s absolutely amazing. It requires a lot of thinking but when crap hits the fan then it gets really visceral.

Biggest leap in gameplay innovation since L4D versus mode. It really reminds me of what Giants: Citizen Kabuto tried to do nearly 15 years ago. If this game is a success maybe they’ll even get it to a bigger scale MMOFPS style.

(tokamak) #33

An invisibility cloaking aura should also be merc thing.

(montheponies) #34

thought it was ok - could see it becoming really samey, real soon. only played for a few hours, but found the same things that i liked and disliked about l4d shining through. i dont really find the idea of taking moba into the FPS world that interesting - firing healing and shield beams around just doesnt do it for me - ultimately I get more satisfaction from winning a good 1v1 duel.

that said, the movement is nice and the graphics look superb - dont know if that’s just the cryengine but just everything looks more solid.

(Protekt1) #35

It is hard to comment on how “samey” it will feel based just on the alpha since it is only 2 map and 10 characters, plus only 1 mode. Gotta see the whole content package to really judge.

(tokamak) #36

This is the main mode though.

I don’t think it will be samey that fast. There are already several ways to play the starting monster and also different ways to shift gears in playstyle during the match. That alone will create a constant transient in the meta game that players need to look out for.

For example, the beast my team was up against immediately took a dash for it. That left a lot of tracks in it’s wake and though the distance allowed the monster to at least get some food we were still able to catch up quickly. Once we found it it just kept on running and the whole match was one big Roadrunner skit.

As a Goliath I start off sneaky. It keeps me closer to the starting point but the team is usually already too impatient and they’ll want to cover ground so they eventually run off which gives me a lot of time to hunt wildlife for myself.

BECAUSE that team now knows they’re dealing with a careful monster they also tend to mistake that player for being timid. That makes them really cocky when they finally manage to catch me and at that point you overbluff them which allows you to usually kill a member or two.

When you then get away you can completely shift in play style in any subsequent encounter. Sometimes avoiding and sometimes being confrontational. They’re both valid playstyles but switching between these modes really puts a strain on their team cohesion.

I can see it become an E-sport in that regard. The skill of a team will ultimately revolve around their communication, just like in professional MOBA leagues.

(Glottis-3D) #37

[QUOTE=tokamak;513744]
I can see it become an E-sport in that regard. The skill of a team will ultimately revolve around their communication, just like in professional MOBA leagues.[/QUOTE]

the prob is, you cant go for e-sports with 4v1
if it was at least 4v2 and switching hunter/monsters then prbbly

(RasteRayzeR) #38

[QUOTE=Glottis-3D;513748]the prob is, you cant go for e-sports with 4v1
if it was at least 4v2 and switching hunter/monsters then prbbly[/QUOTE]

You can always have two teams of 5:

First round: monster from team A vs hunters of team B
Second round: monster from team B vs hunters of team A

And make some sort of stopwatch thingy.

(Glottis-3D) #39

[QUOTE=RasteRayzeR;513749]You can always have two teams of 5:

First round: monster from team A vs hunters of team B
Second round: monster from team B vs hunters of team A

And make some sort of stopwatch thingy.[/QUOTE]

if 4 arent in the game, while 1 is a monster, this isnt fun for them.
if they add a littlbe bit of l4d - 1 big monster and 3 small monsters + respawn waves for small ones. i.e. versus rules. then its a win win situation

(rookie1) #40

For people Playing Evolve : Test is extending for ALL to Nov. 4, 12PM PT (8PM UTC).