ET:QW public beta release news \o/

(MrLego) #21

Just google for the keywords “quake wars beta site:fileplanet.com”, for me its the first link

Page not found - they may have pulled the link.

PlanetQuake posted a teaser this morning - nothing solid to report.

I guess it’s back to “When it’s done”.

(Ragnar_40k) #22

Yep, seems like they removed the page …

(BondyBoy007) #23

I think the key I’ve got from fileplanet (also had it for a while) is for the demo, are you sure yours is for the beta?

(MrLego) #24

The key is for the demo, I am assuming that this is what file planet is talking about for the beta.

It seems that the only people who receive a key are people with Fileplanet subscriptions, everyone I know who has tried to reserve a key with a free account has been denied - “must be a file planet subscriber”.

When It’s Done.

(Ragnar_40k) #25

You can still check google cache.

(SpankMuffin) #26

@MrLego: The key you have reserved right now is just for the ETQW Demo (which I assume you have reserved using their new “Demo Reservation System”, correct?) This key is not the same as the key you will need when the Public Beta is released. The Public Beta (the thing everyone is going crazy over right now) to my knowledge, is not the same as the Demo (which I assume will be released after the game is complete). The Public Beta is, true to form, a beta client which is not necessarily representitive of the final version of the game. Its a beta for a reason and they are releasing it for testing purposes, although I’m willing to bet a LOT of people will just view it as a chance to play the game early. C’est la vie.

As for how FP will be releasing it I can say this. I have been a paid FP subscriber for a few years now and everytime something such as this comes along, they do it the same way:

One to two days before the Public Beta starts FP will make some sort of sign up announcement for paid subscribers. If you are a paid subscriber, and you are interested in getting in, you sign up and get a key. Once the Public Beta starts FP will announce open registration for normal FP members and however many keys were left over after the subscriber pre-sign up will be available on a FIRST COME FIRST SERVE basis to users with free FP accounts.

For instance if 10,000 paid FP subscribers sign up for their beta slots before it starts, then once the beta is released FP will have 50,000 keys for users with the free accounts.

I hope that clears up some of the confusion surrounding this whole thing. Again, this is just based on my past experience with these sorts of events so don’t take this as fact, just as what I believe to be likely.

I know some of you guys absolutely hate FP, but honestly, they know what they are doing and they do it pretty well so try to cut them a little slack, and remember we are getting close! :smiley:

(General.Jung) #27

Hello Forum,

some good news about the beta.

Source: http://community.enemyterritory.com/index.php?q=node/57

(corvey) #28

Please do NOT spread the word… That’s all I need is a hoard of BF2142 players coming in and thieving all the beta keys before I get off work, and not getting a chance to get MY key.

Hell, I’m ready to pay for the game, just let me see my future investment first hand please.

(Nail) #29

so far the BF players comments are negative, good news for ET players methinks

(Carwash) #30

No it’s not.

(murka) #31

everyone should post something about themselves so people are chosen by what they would do in the beta. some peeps now just get familiar with the game and play it, some give vids and pics, some post about bugs, and i have seen 1 review, good so far eh?

(SCi-Fi) #32

whens the public beta keys gonna be released!!

next week?!?,so that it would give the subscribers something to feel good
abt for a few days for paying out to play!!

Ive done loads of beta’s never paid for any, as its bugs you want finding
and why should i pay for helping…

(kamikazee) #33

Please see http://community.enemyterritory.com/index.php?q=node/57

It’s not next week, but friday or saturday that “free” keys are released. I thought you do need to register at FilePlanet, although simply registering doesn’t cost you anything.

(SCi-Fi) #34

thanks i just didnt know when, i already knew abt fileplanet as ive had one for ages…

I can wait its not long, waaaaah i wanna play no fair!!! hahaha…

(kamikazee) #35

Look at that, subscribers can get in now:
http://community.enemyterritory.com/index.php?q=node/59