ET: Legacy

(Radegast) #141

I have some great news to share with you. First, we have new developer Sol, so you can expect features from his ETeng project to be added into Enemy Territory: Legacy soon!

Next, ET:L Beta 5 was released, so check out the first post of this topic or head to http://etlegacy.com/projects/etlegacy/files and test it.

LINUX: There is now a statically linked binary for linux! I thought it was really easy to compile ET:L on various distributions, but that’s true only for Gentoo and Arch, other (64bit) distributions are (were) a nighmare when it comes (came) to compiling ET:L.

2.70 (beta 5) released (see the first post of this topic)[ul]
[li]commands can now be executed ingame from the system terminal on unix
[/li][li]added minimize command (minimizes window into the taskbar)
[/li][li]added Dushan’s anti-DDoS security fix
[/li][li]cleaned up the code and added LOTS of security fixes
[/li][li]premake doesn’t force you to compile deps dynamically anymore
[/li][/ul]

Unfortunately, building ET:L with Visual Studio is… problematic right now :o You will be able to do it if you are experienced with VS though (it took me two days to figure out but I haven’t used this shi**y IDE before). I use mingw to compile it on windows.

(Radegast) #142

Tell me about it. I threw out tons and tons of unused/redundant/buggy code but it’s just the tip of the iceberg.

(Gir) #143

I know now,

Delete this from “tr_bsp.c”

i = LittleLong( header->version );
	if ( i != BSP_VERSION ) {
		ri.Error( ERR_DROP, "RE_LoadWorldMap: %s has wrong version number (%i should be %i)",
				  name, i, BSP_VERSION );
	}

delete from cm_load.c

if ( header.version != BSP_VERSION ) {
		Com_Error( ERR_DROP, "CM_LoadMap: %s has wrong version number (%i should be %i)"
				   , name, header.version, BSP_VERSION );
	}

and this from “qfiles.h”

#define BSP_VERSION         47

To run any BSP Version

(Gir) #144

I know now,

Delete this from “tr_bsp.c”

i = LittleLong( header->version );
	if ( i != BSP_VERSION ) {
		ri.Error( ERR_DROP, "RE_LoadWorldMap: %s has wrong version number (%i should be %i)",
				  name, i, BSP_VERSION );
	}

and this from “cm_load.c”

if ( header.version != BSP_VERSION ) {
		Com_Error( ERR_DROP, "CM_LoadMap: %s has wrong version number (%i should be %i)"
				   , name, header.version, BSP_VERSION );
	}

and this from “qfiles.h”

#define BSP_VERSION         47

To run any BSP Version

and to fix yellow/black in Quake 3 maps

delete this from tr_images.c

//#ifdef _DEBUG
#define CHECKPOWEROF2
//#endif // _DEBUG

#ifdef CHECKPOWEROF2
	if ( ( ( width - 1 ) & width ) || ( ( height - 1 ) & height ) ) {
		Com_Printf( "^1Image not power of 2 scaled: %s
", name );
		return NULL;
	}
#endif // CHECKPOWEROF2

The only thing that i dont know how to fix are the Black Models

(Shownie) #145

Really cool, actually! :slight_smile:

(Gir) #146

yes, but Jump pads don’t work e.g Quake 3 uses target_position/Target_Push and ET does it different, ?

(Shownie) #147

So what you mean is even if we can launch the Quake map it wont work as intended? "/

(Mateos) #148

See Dushan for a more complete support maybe?

And isn’t it going a bit offtopic? ^^’

(Radegast) #149

Yea, don’t get too excited about this feature. I though we could add it if it just meant removing some version checks etc. but remember the goal of this project is not to be compatible with every Quake3-based game out there. For that you should keep your eye on OpenWolf. (hmm, in truth I thought about making a single engine for ET, RTCW-MP/SP, but the others did not like this idea).

Anyway, I forgot to mention the most important news - Morsik and Paul (of Trackbase) have plans to add stats syncing between servers running ET:L and Trackbase.net. How cool is that?

(Mateos) #150

schnoog can try for SL maybe? :slight_smile:

(Gir) #151

Here is a console logging fix with autosprites @ tr_shadr.calc.c

Before

Line 410	ri.Printf( PRINT_WARNING, "Autosprite shader %s had odd vertex count", tess.shader->name );
Line 413    ri.Printf( PRINT_WARNING, "Autosprite shader %s had odd index count", tess.shader->name );
Line 487    ri.Printf( PRINT_WARNING, "Autosprite2 shader %s had odd vertex count", tess.shader->name );
Line 490    ri.Printf( PRINT_WARNING, "Autosprite2 shader %s had odd index count", tess.shader->name );

After ( /n = new line)

Line 410	ri.Printf( PRINT_WARNING, "Autosprite shader %s had odd vertex count
", tess.shader->name );
Line 413    ri.Printf( PRINT_WARNING, "Autosprite shader %s had odd index count"
, tess.shader->name );
Line 487    ri.Printf( PRINT_WARNING, "Autosprite2 shader %s had odd vertex count
", tess.shader->name );
Line 490    ri.Printf( PRINT_WARNING, "Autosprite2 shader %s had odd index count
", tess.shader->name );

(Gir) #152

Actually makes more sense this way, warning only appears in devmap

Line 410 ri.Printf( PRINT_DEVELOPER, "Autosprite shader %s had odd vertex count
", tess.shader->name );
Line 413 ri.Printf( PRINT_DEVELOPER, “Autosprite shader %s had odd index count”
, tess.shader->name );
Line 487 ri.Printf( PRINT_DEVELOPER, "Autosprite2 shader %s had odd vertex count
", tess.shader->name );
Line 490 ri.Printf( PRINT_DEVELOPER, "Autosprite2 shader %s had odd index count
", tess.shader->name );

(Radegast) #153

Thanks Gir, I added those fixes. I really appreciate your help and I don’t mean to sound ungrateful, but could you post these kind of things on our bugtracker or if it is a smaller thing announce it on our IRC channel #etlegacy at freenode.net instead of posting it here? Otherwise this topic will soon get really crowded with things like this.

(Shownie) #154

[QUOTE=Radegast;398257]
Anyway, I forgot to mention the most important news - Morsik and Paul (of Trackbase) have plans to add stats syncing between servers running ET:L and Trackbase.net. How cool is that?[/QUOTE]

Can you give some more intel about this. Because I don’t fully understand what it means. (:

(Gir) #155

What would be nice and being thinking about this alot, is a Single Player Engine for ET, or port the Single Player code of RTCW-SP into
ET, ET has some unique features like a Map/Compass with these features people could make unique Story missions either Single Player or Co-op for free. i would then love to remake Wolfenstien 3D as part of the Single Player Engine.

Not sure if this is appealing since people here concentrate on multiplayer.

(Mateos) #156

He means, I think, ET:L will be tracked like regular ET by TrackBase.

(Indloon) #157

What will be difference between the data coming from server from ET:L and Vanilla ET?

You guys should dig on BSP statistic, there are some snippets in 2.60, just search from them ( they got added for ETTV )-

The other data like:

weapons/kills/deaths should come via SDK, which goes to MODDER.

(Radegast) #158

Sorry guys, I was being a bit vague -

NO, NO, NO! ET:L server works the same as 2.60b server, it already is tracked on every tracker any 2.60b server is and you wouldn’t recognize any difference between them. This planned feature is something totally different.

Paul just submitted a feature request, so have a look here. But first read this introduction to the new rating method.

(Mateos) #159

I said “I think” ^^’ And thanks to have posted more infos about it.

(Radegast) #160

Yes, Mateos, hence I apologized for being vague.

Exactly. But there is a project which does complete opposite - it brings stuff from ET back to RTCW: http://code.google.com/p/rtcw-141-plus/ :slight_smile: