Epic Kills 3 Contest - WINNERS EDITION!

(RazielWarmonic) #1

Hey Dirty players!

We had an awesome contest with amazing entries, it took us a while to get through them all but… WE DID IT!

In-case you forgot, these are the prizes:

• First Place: Custom Dirty Bomb Branded Logitech G G303 Mouse + Dirty Bomb T-shirt + 100,000 credits + 2x Elite Cases
  • Second Place: Dirty Bomb T-shirt + 100,000 credits + 2x Elite Cases
  • Third Place: Dirty Bomb T-shirt + 65,000 credits + 2x Elite Cases

Without further to do, here are our well deserved winners!

1st Place: @BOMBA

2nd Place: @HonourBound

3rd Place: @Zorla

ROUND OF APPLAUSE to these impressive montages!

I will be in contact with all the winners shortly after this post to distribute prizing.

A big THANK YOU to everyone who entered, can’t wait to see what you guys do for the next contest!

Cheers,
Raziel Warmonic

(BomBaKlaK) #2

Yeah !

(Mc1412013) #3

Yeah my post would have goten me banned so im retracting it

(JollyJoe) #4

me neither. Too bad. 2 good 4 me.

(Xenithos) #5

A part of me is devastated. There’s always next year though. :confounded:
I still don’t have a t-shirt. :\

Congratulations to the winners! I still like @HonourBound’s video best.

(powi_) #6

oh wow, HonourBound’s video has great skills, should’ve won :open_mouth:

(Mc1412013) #7

[quote=“Xenithos;211338”]A part [quote=“Xenithos;211338”]A part of me is devastated. There’s always next year though. :confounded:

.[/quote]

Dont feel so bad ive been trying to win my kids a shirt and mercs for over a year. I just got done telling them im done wasting my time woth the contests and watching the live streams while there at school.

(RazielWarmonic) #8

[quote=“Xenithos;211338”]A part of me is devastated. There’s always next year though. :confounded:

Congratulations to the winners! I still like @HonourBound’s video best.[/quote]

It was a tough decision, not going to lie. D: I know I say that with like, every contest… and that’s because it’s true! >_<

(The_N00Ba) #9

congrats to all the winners. Cheers to all the entrants…

(Zorla) #10

Congrats to all!

(ENDgie) #11

Congrats to the winners. :slight_smile: Just wish db had a demo system so my computer could record things. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Your worst knifemare.) #12

This was nice

(Mc1412013) #13

Plays.tv try that its what i used its free obs killed my gpu frame rate

(Xenithos) #14

[quote=“Mc1412013;211349”][quote=“Xenithos;211338”]A part of me is devastated. There’s always next year though. :confounded:

.[/quote]

Dont feel so bad ive been trying to win my kids a shirt and mercs for over a year. I just got done telling them im done wasting my time woth the contests and watching the live streams while there at school.[/quote]

If you’re a mom, playing DB and doing these things for your kids. You have the utmost mom points from me. My mom wouldn’t do something like that for me ever. If you’re a dad, you have slightly less, but you’re still amazing. If I ever figure out a way to get extra copies of their stuff, I’ll send some over your way. Such as Humble Bundle codes, or the starter packs. I keep getting extra starter packs that I won’t use from the Humble Bundle stuff…

(Wolven) #15

Great videos from all three. Amazing skills. GG.

(Mc1412013) #16

quote=“Xenithos;211400”][quote=“Mc1412013;211349”][quote=“Xenithos;211338”]A part of me is devastated. There’s always next year though. :confounded:

.[/quote]

Dont feel so bad ive been trying to win my kids a shirt and mercs for over a year. I just got done telling them im done wasting my time woth the contests and watching the live streams while there at school.[/quote]

If you’re a mom, playing DB and doing these things for your kids. You have the utmost mom points from me. My mom wouldn’t do something like that for me ever. If you’re a dad, you have slightly less, but you’re still amazing. If I ever figure out a way to get extra copies of their stuff, I’ll send some over your way. Such as Humble Bundle codes, or the starter packs. I keep getting extra starter packs that I won’t use from the Humble Bundle stuff…[/quote]

Thanks but keep it i dont like taking hand outs like that. Plus i like the game anyways and i do have my own account that i spend most of my time on [

(HonourBound) #17

Can I get feedback on what would’ve made my video better?

(The_N00Ba) #18

maybe it needed more cowbell…? :slight_smile:

(The_N00Ba) #19

@HonourBound
In all seriousness…

I like how you matched the footage and transitions to the music as much as possible. The little comical additions to the video itself were rather amusing. The kills themselves were a blast to watch.

I personally would recommend thinking about the length and what you want people to remember the most from the video.
Maybe consider gathering more footage of 4-5+ kill streaks next time
maybe include some more melee and defib action

I took a video art class and understand that sometimes you have to work with what you can get. I still think you did a fine job HonourBound. :slight_smile:

(BomBaKlaK) #20

So from what I saw, presentation with the merc and stuff is fun but not really dynamic.
Your video is to long for me 3/4 min max is better. Try to make it fun but dynamic.
I mean only quick actions, no 1 kill then run away and after 1 min another kill etc …
I saw a lot of reload compilations during the contest, please dont do vidéo with 1 Frag / cut / 1 Frag / cut / 1 frag / Cut … Nobody will watch it … It’s definitely boring (not for you HonourBound but some I saw here :wink: )

so Quick action (Multi kill, super multi revive, amazing tricks jump, funny stuff) > Next quick action. Don’t spend to much time on your editing, keep the video fresh, fun and dynamic. And if you do some stuff like your mercs presentation make it quicker and more dynamic.

For my videos I spend maybe 30 min for each, just using shadow play in shadow mode (2 min / 60FPS / High quality) and when there is a fun action I record it. Easier to check your rushs. Drop it into your video software cut the part you don’t want, add a music, a little bit of Magic bullet looks, a Title and it’s done ! :stuck_out_tongue: Video is my work so I don’t want to spend to much time on my work tools during my free time.