Enemy Territory 2

I play other games, but its important that et survive
Personally i dont care about airplanes or details
And i think that et is the best war-multiplayer game
ever becouse, there is nothing specially theme or thereisnt only run and shoot, a lot of et is objective and teamwork focused.
Et is better than mostly games, its free, its fun, its no special theme, a lot of teamwork is involved, and its still sirius, it feels likeww2
The first problem is wapons, they work as they are, but melee battles… I f we can use them better, we can for sure adjust that and fix in mods, but mods can still not make advanced anims…

And dynamites, why cant enemies toss them away?

The second problem is that the developers no longer care.

To make et2 is a project we more or less do for getting more players?
Beccouse et works fine as it is, and we got good wapons in nq
silEnT also good

But if we want more players, we need a new et.
And if we dont need more players, no et2 is needed

We allready got good mods, and etlegacy working out a new 1.7-something //i dont remember

So, do we want more players? //than we must make
A new et. A blending of the current and bf1943.
Or a very announced rip-off from bf1943
The future is behind et. I still play it, becouse its free, fun and easy and original.

(stealth6) #23

If you’re trying to get more people, then I think the best bet is trying to get ET Legacy on Steam Greenlight. But I don’t know if that is even possible / something they want. If you could bring ET to the steam platform it would make the step to play the game a lot smaller for new players.

Good idea!

But to get more players was more a question

But your idea is great stealth6 :smiley:

Well, if we say like this
do we need more players?
If we need more players must et be improved…
But an improvement of that grade is called a new game
Et 2, easy to mod, same maps, but far more advanced animations
A lot more like the games today.
The graphics can be the same quality as the new order
I mean we must be as good as assasins creed, or bf3
We need a huge update to win back players
We need a enourmus update,
And yes, we dont need a et2 if we not want more players.
Then we also need to recompile all 6 original maps with super hd textures
And add 6 new…

So ET2 must be for a single purpose, make et more known…

ET was created from RTCW, and was from the beginning a add on to RTCW
Therefore can W:ET also be known as RTCW:ET.
If we can do the same with the new order…
It should be genius baby!

When new order is out, can they throw out enemy terrytory II, based on new-order engine exactly as et was from rtcw engine!
Think about it, its the most easy way i think!
Hello, multiplayer, and good grafics!!!

Its ultra super π good!!!

We just need to tell the great and genius developers that we want it!
So reply to this thread and tell em!

(Nail) #25

you’re delusional, the IP is owned by Zenimax, the engine is owned by Zenimax, they do NOT license engine to third party developers, only inhouse developers. This means, start a company, develop new game on id Tech X and submit it to Zenimax after being hired to do so based on previous successful AAA games, good luck

Thanks Nail :smiley:

well okey, okey, okey, i should never reply to this thread.:frowning:

what i mean is that machinegames //or what they where called
can make ET2 from their engine by them self, if we tell them?:smiley:
that means, that ET2 will be enourmos :wink:

becouse The new order is awesome, and think the new order online and multiplayer :smiley:

the maps can use a key, like worldspawnkeys in ET and tell engine if it is 1960 or 1940 and choose diffrent playermodels from diffrent ages!:slight_smile:

Nail? actually, this thread is a dreaming thread, becouse we all know nothing of this will happen, that you call me delusional is giving me the: “no sh… sherlock” feeling, :tongue:understood?

I got some skills i Java anyone interested?

//irony

(system) #28

OK WE DON’T NEED A ET 2.
ET2… is just going to be the same as ET with a few updates. This called a mod not a game. A new engine? omg?! are you mad. This is the best engine there is with its non lag capabilites. Wolfenstein has a series. There is no need for ET2.

A mod can all the things you are talking about so why do we need a whole new game. ET2? it just sounds stupid. The wolfenstein story has now moved on and went modern so scrap this idea.

As I said You maybe could make ET a little like Battlefield or Call of duty but that wouldn’t make it a game. It would just be a mod.
My Ideas for a mod:
IRON SIGHTS <-- Sane accuracy don’t think skill increase is needed
TEAM OBJECTIVE FLAGS <-- See stars through the walls, foot markers, team mates, fireteams (already possible)
MORE WW2 WEAPONS <-- Add some more weapons, its crazy that the weapons are this low.
MORE TEAMS <-- Player shouldn’t pick axis or allies, he should have a profile, his profile has his country, like france so when he selects his weapon he spawns wearing a french skin.
MORE REALISM <-- Battlesounds need improving, needs to sound like a real city.
TEXTURES <-- Look liked theyve been made in mspaint, (not on high settings but alot of people can’t support high)
SCENES IN SKY <-- Like a battle scene of planes shooting or fighting (something i found in starwars)

But really I said all this and this is just a mod. Doing these things does not make it a new game. Even TCE Is not its own game, it still shadows under ET. You cannot make something under ET And call it a game as myself has learned from the past. You can only mod it. Patch it? :smiley: now we are thinking.

(twt_thunder) #29

yep and Zenimax dont even answears mail about the game…

Thunder their spam filter is like a vacum cleaner

In swedish we say “dammsugare” about vaacum cleaner
If you translate it directly it will be “dust sucker”
And i think that is fitting better this time.

Their spam filter is a dust sucker :smiley: muhahaha - funn!

(Mateos) #31

Does this topic have some logical direction or is it a non-sense, with comparing what can’t be compared and all?

Hint: There’s an edit button, and thinking can be done before actually posting.

(Gir) #32

[QUOTE=impulsive96;493239]OK WE DON’T NEED A ET 2.
IRON SIGHTS <-- Sane accuracy don’t think skill increase is needed
[/QUOTE]

I don’t like Iron Sights.

TEAM OBJECTIVE FLAGS <-- See stars through the walls, foot markers, team mates, fireteams (already possible)

Seeing crap through walls makes the game less immerse

MORE WW2 WEAPONS <-- Add some more weapons, its crazy that the weapons are this low.[/qu

Too many choices…

MORE TEAMS <-- Player shouldn’t pick axis or allies, he should have a profile, his profile has his country, like france so when he selects his weapon he spawns wearing a french skin.

Too many choices…

MORE REALISM <-- Battlesounds need improving, needs to sound like a real city.

Already possible in Vanilla ET

TEXTURES <-- Look liked theyve been made in mspaint, (not on high settings but alot of people can’t support high)

textures are fine

SCENES IN SKY <-- Like a battle scene of planes shooting or fighting (something i found in starwars)

Already possible in Vanilla ET