End of match stats

(Ptiloui) #1

Even those who didn’t like the CMM would agree the end of match stats were a great addition to the game. Knowing overall accuracy of each players, number of revives, being able to see how well your performed and compare yourself to other players.

But now the CMM is gone, I think it would be really good to bring back this end screen, replacing the actual one. And be able to look back to previous games in the Profile Tab would be really nice too.

Just wish SD is already planning on adding this with the 1.0 release.

(henki000) #2

I dont care much about those stats. But there could be ELO, hours played and number of reports. Last one would be good to calm down hackusations. Or just detect trollish people.

(imLegal) #3

From Reddit:

The lobby screens were developed for matchmaking exclusively, as there were some technical hurdles to making it work in the server browser flow.

I forget exactly why, but something to do with keeping players connected on the server without quitting back to the front-end and probably something to do with the way Steam Lobbies work compared with the server list.

We also have to deal with leavers and joiners in a better way at the Postgame screen (should we show all players who participated, or just those who finished?) For SB games as players drop in and out way more often compared to CMM.

The focus right now is on the 1.0 launch, but I shall raise this with the team for consideration for a post launch improvement.

(Ptiloui) #4

Well, that’s sad. At least, I think they could still improve the personal end of match stats. Even if we don’t see others performance, at least show us ours.

(Press E) #5

@imLegal said:
From Reddit:

The lobby screens were developed for matchmaking exclusively, as there were some technical hurdles to making it work in the server browser flow.

I forget exactly why, but something to do with keeping players connected on the server without quitting back to the front-end and probably something to do with the way Steam Lobbies work compared with the server list.

We also have to deal with leavers and joiners in a better way at the Postgame screen (should we show all players who participated, or just those who finished?) For SB games as players drop in and out way more often compared to CMM.

The focus right now is on the 1.0 launch, but I shall raise this with the team for consideration for a post launch improvement.

Difficult doesn’t mean impossible. Hopefully they haven’t completely given up on it.

Also not sure why they couldn’t add in a few more details at the very least. The full MVP screen can come later, but knowing things like revives, assists, and even different types of XP are all just as, if not more important than kills.

@henki000 said:
I dont care much about those stats. But there could be ELO, hours played and number of reports. Last one would be good to calm down hackusations. Or just detect trollish people.

Would be out of place in casual. Showing someone with high ELO rank against several people with lower ELO rank would just be one more thing to complain about. Besides, not like ELO is a very accurate depiction of skill anyways. People get boosted or have bad days, there’s a lot more that goes into DB matches than just wins and losses. Might as well just use levels, because those are about as accurate as ELO lol.
Hours played is also somewhat redundant since we already have levels.
Reports given is just a terrible idea. Yeah there are salty people, but you don’t want to dissuade people from reporting potential hackers. Showing who sent a report also opens the reporter up for harassment.

(Mc1412013) #6

@Ptiloui said:
Even those who didn’t like the CMM would agree the end of match stats were a great addition to the game. Knowing overall accuracy of each players, number of revives, being able to see how well your performed and compare yourself to other players.

But now the CMM is gone, I think it would be really good to bring back this end screen, replacing the actual one. And be able to look back to previous games in the Profile Tab would be really nice too.

Just wish SD is already planning on adding this with the 1.0 release.

@stayfreshshoe said no too much work to add it. I asked about it on todays stream as well as aking for them to update post game screen its too old and boring looking. Some one in chat said acording to a dev o redit there looking into it

(Chris Mullins) #7

@Mc1412013 said:
@stayfreshshoe said no too much work to add it. I asked about it on todays stream as well as aking for them to update post game screen its too old and boring looking. Some one in chat said acording to a dev o redit there looking into it

That is correct. Quick Join was never built to support features to that extent sadly.