Elevator?

(SyPHer) #1

Hey everyone. Im making a perfect remake of Q2DM1 and I dont know how to put elevators in. Does anyone know a tutorial or an example file I could get? I tried using the one from the Edge 2 but It didnt work properly. :???:

Any help is really appricated.

:banana:

(K^2) #2

I guess you allready seen the tutorials on d3files. There are Q2 style platforms in D3, but I couldn’t get one to work. The brush I used didn’t appear on the map at all, I must be missing something. You can try setting up a door instead of a platform. Though, you might get a situation when a platform will rise while a player just standing next to it. Some dellay will probably help with that.

By the way, are you using an actual .map file of Q2DM1, or are you making it from scratch? I remember using a .bsp->.map converter back in my Q2 mapping days.

And good luck with this project. Edge was a great map, would be nice to see it back in Doom3.

(K^2) #3

Pardon the double post.

In case you haven’t figured it out yet, just use func_plat. One thing that threw me off is that the brush has to be created at the highest point to which the platform will travel, but it will initialy appear at the lowest. Everything else is just like in Quake 2.