Dreiss AR overpowered ?

(vdll) #21

The gun is good, but clicking 360 rpm hurts my fingers too much :frowning:

(Thai-San) #22

Oh, here is a topic about the Dreiss, didn’t see that. :smiley:
Just posted in another topic but i think my post fits more in this one

(god1) #23

[quote=“ThaiSan;16832”]Oh, here is a topic about the Dreiss, didn’t see that. :smiley:
Just posted in another topic but i think my post fits more in this one

[/quote]
If you made the gun easier to use via recoil and spread reductions it would become problematic balance-wise imo.

(vdll) #24

Yeah, combat rifle from Blacklight feels very accurate and powerful, wich is compensated by rather high recoil (at least the last time I played BLR, it was), so you can’t use it at max ROF. The problem is, most loadouts in BLR fall to 3 rifle body shots, while in DB it’s impossible (talking about body shots, mind you).

I guess devs were trying to balance Dreiss’ very high DPS and perhaps punished it a little too much?

(xRoger) #25

I don’t even see why the Dreiss AR should be semi-auto. Hardly anyone uses Arty because it takes a lot more focus to keep tap-firing at a consistent 360 rpm. Unless you use a macro, which automatically makes you a c***.

They should make the Dreiss fully automatic and introduce a proper DMR alternative to Arty if they want him to be a long-range Support. Isn’t he meant to be a higher damage Support as opposed to your typical laser accurate Skyhammer?

In the meantime if you want DMRs, I suggest you wait for Redeye or use the Loadout Card with the spammy Autosniper.

(vdll) #26

Luckily, Arty also has burst rifles in his arsenal with really good augments, too.