Doors and Spectators

(Brandmon) #1

I am trying to make doors for my DM map for Quake III. The doors work perfectly by the use of func_door, fairly easy and simple process. But the problem is that Spectators aren’t allowed through, which defeats the purpose of spectating if you can’t go everywhere. I tried to find a way to allow spectators through but I failed to find a way to. I didn’t find any way to make a brush that would not be clipped for spectators or a teleport that would get a someone from one side to the other that only works for spectators.
Judging by the fact that there aren’t many answers about the question in this forum or this net, I am either missing something or my GTKRadiant is failing. Could someone enlighten me on how to make sure doors do not get in a spectator’s way?

(obsidian) #2

That’s a new one. Spectators should be able to just “pop” through doors and I don’t think there is a setting to change this otherwise.

Do you have a sample map file of this behaviour I could take a look at?

(Brandmon) #3

http://files.uploadffs.com/a/4/b16e4442/bra1.map

There is the .map file for the map I’m having the problem with. Only problem you might encounter is that I have used a custom sound added to my .pk3, which is related to the torches in the 2 tunnels.

Anyway the door is in the middle room, you should have no problems finding it. I have not set the texture properly since I also put different door textures on it to see if it works. I also created another door in the same map to see if maybe the brush is bugged or something but I strangely had the same results :S Hope you find the problem/mistake I am making and thanks!

(obsidian) #4

Works for me. There is a bit of lag the first time popping through, probably because it’s caching something (like that missing audio file). Q3 1.32c/Q3Map2 2.5.16

What version of Quake 3 are you running?
What version of Q3Map2 are you compiling with?