doom 3 can do it too video

(blushing_bride) #1

anyone who thinks doom3 is all about small dark spaces well you should watch this. this is a very early test build but try and imagine how it’s gonna look when it’s finished

http://www.pcgamemods.com/9397/

(Red*Uk) #2

Good stuff been following the thread over at doom3world.org for awhile now :slight_smile:

(carnage) #3

looks cool, i hope it is an early test build though cos there are many things that work but not as well as i would like to see e.g. the sun entity looks far too small to be the sun

some prety amazing stuff too, not only can doom3 do it but you have show it can do it better. Can i ask, what is the purpose of this, is it to jsut show doom3 can do it or is it going to become some sort of mini doom3 game?

(Red*Uk) #4

Damm, anyone seen the new updated video looks awesome, dont think the sun script was used as its bright!
Nice stuff bride, u done the embassy looking building right?

(blushing_bride) #5

Can i ask, what is the purpose of this, is it to jsut show doom3 can do it or is it going to become some sort of mini doom3 game?

its purpose i believe is too show that doom3 can do large well lit outdoor areas and i believe it will be playable as well although not sure exactly what is planned here but i think it will be more like a theme park with buggy racing (not sure about this) and other odd things rather then a story.

Nice stuff bride, u done the embassy looking building right?

not sure which one you mean. my building is the classical one that does not have an interior (it gets shown after the water fountain in the updated movie). One of the other buildings by dante_uk is actually based on the iranian embassey in london so maybe you mean that one?

The whole thing is shaping up nicely but there is lots more to do yet. Here is the link to some screens and the latest movie, its well worth looking at.

http://www.doom3world.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=8338

(Red*Uk) #6

dante_uk is actually based on the iranian embassey in london

Yeh i think i got my wires crossed there:)

Still good stuff!