Does Guardian not scream when she dies or am I crazy?

(Press E) #1

I’m a medic main, so I usually end up playing medic in about 75% of my matches. I had noticed myself missing a lot of downed Guardian players before, but I figured I was just too tired. But recently when playing with a friend who was playing Guardian, I noticed I never once actually heard a scream from her when she died, meaning I usually wasn’t able to instantly revive her, just because I didn’t know when she went down.

I use merc screams to tell where and who needs to be revived, so not having that scream means I only notice her go down if I happen to see it, or I’m staring at the minimap. Am I the only one experiencing this, or have others noticed it too?

(Melinder) #2

What has this forum become.

(Press E) #3

@Melinder said:
What has this forum become.

Hey, you play medic nearly every match and then ask yourself if hearing when your teammates die is important, lol

(Melinder) #4

Don’t take that tone with me.

(TheStrangerous) #5

The viginity is getting stronger here, every second,

Also why did no one extract all of the new merc’s voicelines and put them on youtube?

While reading this I tried to imagine hearing those death sounds and literally the only ones I can recall are Fragger, Bush, and Aura. Apparently they’re the only ones distinct enough for me to remember. On second thought, this right here is probably why I’m a terrible medic…

(Ptiloui) #7

@Wintergreen said:
While reading this I tried to imagine hearing those death sounds and literally the only ones I can recall are Fragger, Bush, and Aura. Apparently they’re the only ones distinct enough for me to remember. On second thought, this right here is probably why I’m a terrible medic…

Guess you’ve not killed enough proxy if you don’t remember her scream.

But i agree with @STARRYSOCK, being a sort of medic main (Aura, Sawbonez and Sparks being 3 of my 4 most used mercs), I’m used to hear teammates death scream to know who and where they die.

(Your worst knifemare.) #8

It is possible since they even forgot to give a line to Javelin whenever she gets a loadout card.

(TheStrangerous) #9

@Wintergreen said:

Y’know waifu/hasbando tastes differ.

(CombatMist) #10

The scream i cant get out of my head is the loud piercing javelins. Its like the zelda peep at low HP i just want to stop before my head explodes.

In a recent patch the devs admitted that many many of guardians voice lines dont work at all and are buggy. They are referring to the conditional lines like when planting c4 and firing the mg. Ive cataloged probably 90% of her audio lines and they are just missing all together. For days when I heard a line id write it down. Just checked my guardian footage and you are correct there is 0 death voice lines on guardian! She goes down with out a single sound. Even when damaged her pain sounds are very quite and easy to miss. Opposed to javelin… I guess to balance the universe after javelin they had to make guardians lines quite and less annoying. Ive noticed very very few conditional voice lines like when getting many badges. She does have the 3 kill lines but lacks most things. How did this slip past the devs on the final tests if everything was working before release. I dont think she says anything on a melee kill either.

(CombatMist) #11

@Lord_Coctus said:
It is possible since they even forgot to give a line to Javelin whenever she gets a loadout card.

They had to do this to balance the universe after her annoying lines and the painful death cry for MEeeeedddddddddiiiiiiiCCCCCCCCC!

(K1X455) #12

Honestly, you can’t scream once you’re dead, because

Y O U ’ R E D E A D

(BazBling) #13

@CombatMist said:
I dont think she says anything on a melee kill either.

I’m sure My Guardian said ‘BONZIA’ one time when a Boton’d someone to death but i think she was drunk. lol

(DOORTOLIGHT) #14

@K1X455 said:
Honestly, you can’t scream once you’re dead, because

Y O U ’ R E D E A D

So Vassili totally make sense at 1.52

(Xenithos) #15

Strange, maybe that’s why I have a hard time getting her too. It’s very possible you’re the only one to hear her screams upon being downed AS a Guardian. OR she doesn’t have them. I need to look into this, thanks for the tip @STARRYSOCK

(CombatMist) #16

@Xenithos said:
Strange, maybe that’s why I have a hard time getting her too. It’s very possible you’re the only one to hear her screams upon being downed AS a Guardian. OR she doesn’t have them. I need to look into this, thanks for the tip @STARRYSOCK

Looked at my video recording playing guardian. No death sounds at all. No scream, no whimper, no HUHHMMMHHH or anything. Silent, like phantom wishes he was.

(Xenithos) #17

@CombatMist said:

@Xenithos said:

Looked at my video recording playing guardian. No death sounds at all. No scream, no whimper, no HUHHMMMHHH or anything. Silent, like phantom wishes he was.

Thanks for the update. There’s your answer @STARRYSOCK