Does anyone still play ETQW?

(Chronicler) #21

Do you count Hawken as a FPS? For me it’s kind of in between fps and mech. But I really enjoyed it >_>

(Runeforce) #22

I do prefer the big open maps and vehicles of ETQW, but the gunplay is far superior in DB.

(Dthy) #23

Exactly how I feel, only FPS im looking forward too is Overwatch. Other than that FPS’s are pretty much dead too me,

(taw_m0nsta) #24

I still play a couple times every week! Tried out Dirty Bomb but got borred very quickly. My eyes are currently on the FPS: Interstellar Marines: http://www.interstellarmarines.com , atm in Alpha and feels very solid already and quite a challange to beat the bots in single player (also coop/multiplayer and special events). Another game which I still enjoy and is also in apha (which game isn’t these days) Fractured Space but thats not only FPS…) (ps join TAW! :penguin: )

(Runeforce) #25

Have you tried it since pre-alpha? Game has changed a lot since.

(edxot) #26

i am still hoping microsoft buys etqw to replace solitaire

(Loki.) #27

True, then again that was pre-alpha… :wink:

DB is a decent game. its nothing great…

The whole, every merc can do anything, but some are just really slow ( as in Special ED Slow) at it, is just lame…

They had it right in ETQW… who doesnt miss killing an enemy create a spawn host, /kill yourself, tap a key - switch your class, respawn to needed class (constructor etc.) complete the mission or save the day…!

I dont know, DB just seems limited compared to ETQW, yet its not in someways… but it just feels blah blah…

(taw_m0nsta) #28

Yeah played it very recently like a month ago. Gameplay feels solid, but no real vehicles (ok the turret on the mcp thing is quite nice to shoot), not placing turrets on smart places, no AIT, no flyer drone, no smart mine placement, no tactical shields, no clapping potato, but more importantly after a map there just nothing. Not another map to complete a campaign, not another round with your sucky team, knowing you need to do better. After 1 map its just another map or most cases jus the same map.

(edxot) #29

how can anyone stop playing this ?
example:

(_milla) #30

I guess DB is missing one thing. TOYS. Etqw was full of them. vehicles, planes, boats, drones, mortars, cannons, etc. Even realy bad fps player could stick with desecrator and be king on the hill.:oppressor:
also the epic scenery, time travel (or stargate travel) lol and yeah crates!

(DanDares) #31

ETQW was last and best of oldschool team based fps’es. Best from quake age. Last samurai.
I like ETQW that it gives lot of tactical team combination and every match is different. Real team fps, was too good for 2007, its ok now but even this game can be developed to ETQW-2 with some revolutionary ideas) It’s anothrer topic :penguin:

ETQW is just as good as old chess or board games playing-chilling with fellas. Pity there is no future to ‘old’ games like ETQW, funs are getting older and quit gaming. For fun gaming is only for fun, its not a sport or gambling u cannot get any money from you team skill whatever imagine could be. Big brother just interested in making gaming for new generation of retards to make them busy and piecefull, but newschool games are so bad to me. All those BF’s, LOLs, Dotas, DB. Big brother want you time and to live young individual in devils textures) something like this.

New games are like out of spirit and core.

(.Chris.) #32

The maps are the worst part of the game too, or they were before I gave up on the game, have they improved at all?

(Kl3ppy) #33

Nope, still the crippled maps we got during the alpha and no real fixes to the issues we raised during the alpha.

(taw_m0nsta) #34

Yes played it like 20 hours last month. Gameplay felt pretty solid but nothing special. Class system is mashedup, misses campaigns and vehicles (and more open space for these vehicles).

(GUFX) #35

i have 350 games, but i cant stop playing ETQW :slight_smile: Come on my server <--------------Berliner Ballerbude---------------------> My bots are set to the highest level and they are somtimes stupid but they are not cowardly :-))

I would like to create a campaign with 12 Map in a row. How can I configure this?

(Rex) #36

No.

(edxot) #37

[QUOTE=GUFX;539104]i have 350 games, but i cant stop playing ETQW :slight_smile: Come on my server <--------------Berliner Ballerbude---------------------> My bots are set to the highest level and they are somtimes stupid but they are not cowardly :-))

I would like to create a campaign with 12 Map in a row. How can I configure this?[/QUOTE]

wouldn you prefer to do something a little diferent ?
have a server and allow only supreme commanders ?

• this way you would have to ban cheaters one time (instead of over and over again).
  • also to avoid those guys who create a fake account just to join a team and make it lose on purpose (either by being afk, or doing all sort of retarded stuff).

(taw_m0nsta) #38

Long story… Step 1) Pick a mod. Step 2) I guess if you are really intrested you will figure it out :slight_smile:
http://www.bravehardt.com/TAW/Quake_Wars/Custom_Maps/qwta_v35/

(DrFunkenstein) #39

[QUOTE=GUFX;539104]i have 350 games, but i cant stop playing ETQW :slight_smile: Come on my server <--------------Berliner Ballerbude---------------------> My bots are set to the highest level and they are somtimes stupid but they are not cowardly :-))

I would like to create a campaign with 12 Map in a row. How can I configure this?[/QUOTE]

Or have a look at this thread in the Editing forum.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Funkenstein

(Swalmy) #40

I just logged on to ETQW tonight (for the first time in a couple of months, which even then it was the first time in about a year prior) and I saw there were exactly zero people online. So I decided to check the forums to see if anyone still plays; glad to see there are still some scheduled events.

Since we’re all in a nostalgic mood, then goodness yes I remember my golden days in ETQW. I was one of the best medics in the game. I rarely even used my rifle, I’d have defibs or medpacks out always, or a knife so I can sprint to heal/revive a teammate. I’d spend entire campaigns to get full health revives by the time I got to Salvage. If you played ETQW back in the golden days (2008-2010 for me) and off and on for years later, chances are I revived you at least once!