Does 144hz really makes you a better player?

(JShug07) #41

Guys what if I buy a 75hz monitor will there be any Difference apart from 60 hz? 60hz vs 75hz? Surely there will be a difference at 100hz but what about 75hz

It’s a noticeable smoother experience but not worth buying an entire new monitor for. You might as well try and overclock your current monitor first.

(FalC_16) #43

@Kirays said:
It’s a noticeable smoother experience but not worth buying an entire new monitor for. You might as well try and overclock your current monitor first.

I bought IPS 144 Hz panel. Money well spent also thx to @bgyoshi . My gaming experience is day and night difference now

(bgyoshi) #44

@Szakalot said:
this is an interesting topic:

in real, all images are ‚rendered’ at a frequency going into infinity, in as good a quality as physically possible.
Motion blur in movies is a result of long exposure: data from fast moving obj is collected and compressed into a single frame, making them blurry.

Not necessarily true. There’s a lot of manually added motion blur nowadays since camera can capture high clarity images at such a fast rate. Also digital CG images are not blurry by default.

This is very different from the phenomenon you describe, which could be part neurological processing and part ‚exposure refresh rate’ differential across the eye/field of view.

Also not true, your eyes and brain only focus on specific information and ignore everything else. This is why tracking a fast moving object with your eyes results in a perfectly clear fast object but a very blurry background, and vice versa. This is also why people get tunnel vision, and why people can forget things happening right in front of them when they’re on the phone. Our mental focus and attention matters. Our eyes don’t work like cameras. Again, this is all explained in video two.

What are the exact differences between real and high quality image captured on a high speed camera? Why wouldnt your eye/vision succeed in blurring camera-captured frames, just as it does in real?

Because your brain has a more difficult time filtering out the information like it usually does. Frames being presented to you in a chronological fashion aren’t what we’re used to seeing. Again, this is why 240hz tv’s and motion enhancing features make movement displayed on them look weird and wrong.

Just watch the videos man lol

(Mc1412013) #45

@Kirays said:

You can potentialy damage your monitor i would be carefull doing it

That would be a highly unlikely occurrence. As long as your overclock is stable (no artificats or other unusual things) you should be safe to go. I myself have overclocked a monitor, a laptop to be more precise. After I stumbled upon the site linked below offering an in-depth tutorial specifically for laptops I’ve started experimenting with it nearly a year ago, gradually increasing the refresh rate. It’s currently running at a whooping 103.852 hz so if you are looking into increasing your refresh rate without spending a dim I absolutely recommend you to check it out. Note that results vary substantially - some monitors are not very cooperative at all while others grant you a tremendous success.

forum.notebookreview.com/threads/psa-you-can-now-overclock-your-laptop-monitor-intel-intel-optimus.802167/

(D'@athi) #47

You may get problems with the longevity of the parts, mainly the elkos. Some get more stressed and dry-out faster, when the switching-frequency is raised. So if you’ve got some just-in-warranty product, it could end-up badly.
F.e. I had some factory-overclocked 75hz 2007 Panasonic Tft (some factory-overclocked 60hz display), where i had to replace the elkos in the high-voltage-part nearly exact every 2.5 years, after the first one got replaced inside the 3-year-warranty.
But who knows in wich TFT they’ve saved two dollars/euros today…

So, know what you are doing, even Intel doesn’t give you some warranty if you overclock your “overclockable” K-CPU’s :wink: