Dockyard Update Notes

(TerrorLTZ) #21

@Tanker_Ray
everything u said i agree also disagree a bit… there’s why.
i think it’s hard for them to do 3 - 5 things at the same time/rate and get them done in the same day. think about it do Balance Test it then when its good deliver then make new content (trinkets u dont count here :disappointed:)

(XP_Expert) #22

@TerrorLTZ
u right about balancing is hard.
but they operate 4~5 year from alpha beta.
many game can be good balance in 4
4~5 year.
of course, dirty bomb’s balance is good.
it’s really better then other FPS game.
but, it didn’t look like 4~5 year old game.
there remain some hard play merc(like thunder), and really good weapone in 1vs1.
Splash damage is able to make good balance patch like tanker-ray said.

(Mc1412013) #23

Did phantom get a nerf he seems more visable now or is it just me

(Mc1412013) #24

And yet im still sling shoting off the ev when your facing it repairing of grazing against it. Guess no fix in site for that issue.

Oh wasnt there suposed to be a taco trinket so point???

(gabrielmulle) #25

@Tanker_Ray said:
@stayfreshshoe

yeah. That has been over 1 and a half year. Super cool right?

Why can’t SD just speak this out : we need to collect datas for over 5 years to balance out super obvious things that elementary school kids would notice right after playing DB like 5 hours.

We can understand about late new content (though it is SUPER SLUGGISH), because we know it’s making whole new stuffs.

But I just couldn’t bare no more just like when I’ve waited more than HALF YEARS for proper Thunder buff last year.

For instance, changing 160 HP to 170 HP. That’s just changing the damn digits.

Collecting data. Yes. That’s why we’ve waited for THIS long.

So what’s the other issue, or excuses do SD have now, just like @pumpkinmeerkat mentioned at my poll. Chinese chicken company not paying well enough?

I really liked your videos Shoe, and I still struggle to get myself back in to DB, but I am finally losing my tiny bit of hope today. Because of that company you are working for.

Such a shame that nice guy like you has to be the only shield for angry players alone.

@LifeupOmega

Yap, pretty much.

But first, they really should think of what made so many loyal DB players leave this awesome, lovely, godlike game hands down.

Best F2P FPS game dying, not because of severe problem but very simple and super obvious reason : ZERO, or super slightly changing update that can no longer attracts/refresh rather newbie or old veteran players like us.

throwing some trinket events to buy some time, for OVER 1 YEAR.

I am sorry for being this excessive for the first time in this forum, but please do understand that my comment may look like rant, but please notice that all rants have loyal gamer’s painful grief deep down.

I love this game so, so much. Just like the others who’ve ranted before with tragic agony.(Well there are some crybaby rants, but at least I’ve endured this long to rant about something in this forum.)

Watching DB dying, sit down and wait for updates with meaningless pub stomp is the most painful thing in the world.

I was planning to contact the company Splash Damage or post on the forum to ask some questions, but this post was very elucidating.

I played Dirty Bomb for a good time, I stoped playing around a year ago, ~ jun/2016. One of the top reasons was because they removed the South America servers (yes, I remember those servers). To be more precise, they moved the SA servers to Miami, but the name remains SA. Whey they were “really” in SA my ping was around 35, now with servers in USA my ping is around 140-180.

Anyway, at that same time I used to play also Paladins (from Hi-Rez Studios), and I also stoped playing at the same time.

So, this month I downloaded again Paladins, and for my surprise, there are a lot of news!

For example:

When I stoped, there was 19 champions -> now there are 26! Seven new chars!

There was 7 maps -> now there are 9! Two new maps.

Some old maps were remodeled.

There is a new style of play, the Survival mode. And 2 new maps for this mode.

There are dozens of new maps currently available for testing, where the players can give feedback.

I did the same for Dirty Bombs and gave a try, downloades, but … for my (sad) surprise, there is nothing new. It’s like the game is dying, it’s like they are just maintaining, not developing.
The same mercs, the same maps, the SAME PING 180.

I have to be honest, this was indeed furstrating. But its frustrating because the game is so amazing and we all know that this game has a lot of potential.

I am not sure if the guys mods/admins for this forum work for the same company (Splash Damage) or are contractors, but I would really like to know from the devs:

Will this game have any news? Like new mercs? New maps?

(gabrielmulle) #26

I was planning to contact the company Splash Damage or post on the forum to ask some questions, but this post from Tanker_Ray was very elucidating.

I played Dirty Bomb for a good time, I stoped playing around a year ago, ~ jun/2016. One of the top reasons was because they removed the South America servers (yes, I remember those servers). To be more precise, they moved the SA servers to Miami, but the name remains SA. Whey they were “really” in SA my ping was around 35, now with servers in USA my ping is around 140-180.

Anyway, at that same time I used to play also Paladins (from Hi-Rez Studios), and I also stoped playing at the same time.

So, this month I downloaded again Paladins, and for my surprise, there are a lot of news!

For example:

1. When I stoped, there was 19 champions -> now there are 26! Seven new chars!
  2. There was 7 maps -> now there are 9! Two new maps.
  3. Some old maps were remodeled.
  4. There is a new style of play, the Survival mode. And 2 new maps for this mode.
  5. There are dozens of new maps currently available for testing, where the players can give feedback.

I did the same for Dirty Bombs and gave a try, downloades, but … for my (sad) surprise, there is nothing new. It’s like the game is dying, it’s like they are just maintaining, not developing.

I have to be honest, this was indeed furstrating. But its frustrating because the game is so amazing and we all know that this game has a lot of potential.

I am not sure if the guys mods/admins for this forum work for the same company (Splash Damage) or are contractors, but I would really like to know from the devs:

• Will this game have any news? Like new mercs? New maps?

(TitaniumRapture) #27

@gabrielmulle said:
I was planning to contact the company Splash Damage or post on the forum to ask some questions, but this post from Tanker_Ray was very elucidating.

For example:

1. When I stoped, there was 19 champions -> now there are 26! Seven new chars!
  2. There was 7 maps -> now there are 9! Two new maps.
  3. Some old maps were remodeled.
  4. There is a new style of play, the Survival mode. And 2 new maps for this mode.
  5. There are dozens of new maps currently available for testing, where the players can give feedback.

• Will this game have any news? Like new mercs? New maps?

Jesus christ so go back to that damn moba.

(Mc1412013) #28

@gabrielmulle said:

@Tanker_Ray said:
@stayfreshshoe

yeah. That has been over 1 and a half year. Super cool right?

Why can’t SD just speak this out : we need to collect datas for over 5 years to balance out super obvious things that elementary school kids would notice right after playing DB like 5 hours.

We can understand about late new content (though it is SUPER SLUGGISH), because we know it’s making whole new stuffs.

But I just couldn’t bare no more just like when I’ve waited more than HALF YEARS for proper Thunder buff last year.

For instance, changing 160 HP to 170 HP. That’s just changing the damn digits.

Collecting data. Yes. That’s why we’ve waited for THIS long.

So what’s the other issue, or excuses do SD have now, just like @pumpkinmeerkat mentioned at my poll. Chinese chicken company not paying well enough?

I really liked your videos Shoe, and I still struggle to get myself back in to DB, but I am finally losing my tiny bit of hope today. Because of that company you are working for.

Such a shame that nice guy like you has to be the only shield for angry players alone.

@LifeupOmega

Yap, pretty much.

But first, they really should think of what made so many loyal DB players leave this awesome, lovely, godlike game hands down.

Best F2P FPS game dying, not because of severe problem but very simple and super obvious reason : ZERO, or super slightly changing update that can no longer attracts/refresh rather newbie or old veteran players like us.

throwing some trinket events to buy some time, for OVER 1 YEAR.

I am sorry for being this excessive for the first time in this forum, but please do understand that my comment may look like rant, but please notice that all rants have loyal gamer’s painful grief deep down.

I love this game so, so much. Just like the others who’ve ranted before with tragic agony.(Well there are some crybaby rants, but at least I’ve endured this long to rant about something in this forum.)

Watching DB dying, sit down and wait for updates with meaningless pub stomp is the most painful thing in the world.

I was planning to contact the company Splash Damage or post on the forum to ask some questions, but this post was very elucidating.

For example:

When I stoped, there was 19 champions -> now there are 26! Seven new chars!

There was 7 maps -> now there are 9! Two new maps.

Some old maps were remodeled.

There is a new style of play, the Survival mode. And 2 new maps for this mode.

There are dozens of new maps currently available for testing, where the players can give feedback.

Turtle was confirmed but then unconfirmed we got that foing for us lol haha
Butnserously they have code named heist being worked on and promised it wont be valve soon but way faster then dock yard

(fzl) #29

i have only 1 question…comes the friendly fire on for all servers in the future or not?

a tactical shooter with ff off is not a tactical shooter right?..or not?

@ shoe…!!!

greetz fuzzel

(SnakekillerX) #30

@fzl said:
i have only 1 question…comes the friendly fire on for all servers in the future or not?

a tactical shooter with ff off is not a tactical shooter right?..or not?

@ shoe…!!!

greetz fuzzel

Play ranked, it has FF enabled. You can also play private matches and enable FF… though its kinda lame that you can’t earn credits or cases there.

(bgyoshi) #31

@gabrielmulle said:

Remember that time when the devs said they wanted to make new content and then the entirety of DB players told them not to because the game was so imbalanced and they spent 3 months doing nothing but game balance patches, and then the entirety of DB players told them there were too many bugs and then they spent a full 6 months doing nothing but bug fixing and then everyone was complaining that Ranked was gone so they spent another 3 months bringing up a new Ranked and then people started complaining that Thunder is broken and they need more balance patches and SD literally came to the FORUMS begging for new employees to fill open content development positions at the company and now everyone is crying and wondering why there isn’t any new DB content???

It’s almost like spending an entire year using all of your resources to not develop new content as per the players’ demands means that no new content comes out the next year.

Wow how weird I never would have guessed.