Do you like Pineapple on Pizza?

@Reddeadcap said:

@Wintergreen said:
Pineapple and anchovies are the best ways to ruin a pizza. Sausage, peppers, bacon, pepperoni, mushroom, and a few diced onions is the only way to go. Pretty much a supreme but with more meat.

I actually tried anchovi and pineapple pizza, it’s surprisingly good.

It’s a unique taste, it sweetness of the cooked pineapple isn’t overtaking the taste of the pizza, it’s like eating something “Sweet and Sour.” The pineapple sometimes hardens when cooked only to explode inside your mouth as you bite down on it, like a fruit gusher.

To each their own, I guess. Lol. I’d still eat it because food is food, but putting fruit on a pizza seems backwards to me. I’d probably grill some apples or somethin’ and throw it on there before I would pineapple. Apple smoked bacon is delicious!

(Reddeadcap) #22

@Wintergreen said:

@Reddeadcap said:

@Wintergreen said:
Pineapple and anchovies are the best ways to ruin a pizza. Sausage, peppers, bacon, pepperoni, mushroom, and a few diced onions is the only way to go. Pretty much a supreme but with more meat.

I actually tried anchovi and pineapple pizza, it’s surprisingly good.

It’s a unique taste, it sweetness of the cooked pineapple isn’t overtaking the taste of the pizza, it’s like eating something “Sweet and Sour.” The pineapple sometimes hardens when cooked only to explode inside your mouth as you bite down on it, like a fruit gusher.

To each their own, I guess. Lol. I’d still eat it because food is food, but putting fruit on a pizza seems backwards to me. I’d probably grill some apples or somethin’ and throw it on there before I would pineapple. Apple smoked bacon is delicious!

Exactly, it’s like honey roasted ham. it sounds weird but it does give it a hint of flavor and sweetness, it’s not overbearing, but it’s really good. It’s very interesting.

to each his own, but it’s worth trying.