Do you have plan B if gaming industry really falls apart.

(TheStrangerous) #1

Undieniably, gaming goes deeper into cesspool each second, thanks to the mix of idiotic consumerbase and greedy devs/publishers.

Sure there are Indies, FOR NOW. But who’s to say they won’t get corrupted, or heck, who’s to say STEAM will not charge mandatory premium?

Really sad how I’ve been paying and playing less and less games, over the past console generation… None of them are AAA, and only a handful of indies interest me.

So, you got a way to move on, just in case? Any other hobbies?

You already know how I gloat over Spanish language, and how I keep teaching me-self. Yes it’s a very brain stimulating activity with trial and error, a very deep gameplay and challenging mechaninc, feels a alot like… oh I dunno… A REAL VIDEO GAME?

That and movies and tv shows, so much to choose so much to binge through. Although not as brain stimulating and too much passive of an activity.

(AlbinMatt) #2

If I can’t play Dirty Bomb, I’ll launch one.

If Sid Meier’s Civ series ends, I’m calling for a coup de ta om my government, and retake the democratic throne as an autocrat of Marxism.

If XCOM goes downhill like the last two decades, I’m going to call La’gramuk to come play with us, and bring their trigger happy plasma totting alien friends with them.

If our media for venting out fiction falls, we will write that fiction with our own blood and tears.

(Ptiloui) #3

There will always be people that will develop games with their heart and not by greed. Just look at people that develops mods for Skyrim or Fallout 4 (for free). For those who know Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines, there are even people that are still nowadays correcting bugs, introducing contents that were planned by devs but weren’t able to make into the game, or creating whole new quests.

If the gaming industry fall someday, this will be for good, because the only games that will last will be the good ones, made with passion, and not purely for making money.

(martha_smith) #4

now game industry can’t fall , because people love to play games .

everyone love games , so they spend money in games .

(Chilled Sanity) #5

If I cant get my dose of World of Warships I’m fucking stealing USS Iowa and going ham on some rice krispies Japs

If I cant get my dose of Arma 3 I’ll just re-enlist into USMC. (Said no-one ever)

If I cant get my dose of JRPGs I’ll fucking Fite God himself

If I cant get my dose of Metro 2033/TLL I’ll piss off Trump or Kim Jong Melon

But most importantly if I cant get my dose of Rising Storm 2: Vietnam;
I’m gonna steal a UH-1 (or in this case sadly UH-1Y (Fuck it I’ll just paint it green)) with dual M60 mounts,
A flamethrower (Thanks Elon),
Some giant fucking Line Arrays,
And licensed copy of CCR - Fortunate son,

GOOOOOOOOOOOODMORRNINGG VIETNAAAAAAAMMM

I would hardly even notice or care. Games are time killers to me now and probably my least significant hobby. Guess that’s what happens when you start getting older. Yeah though, I wouldn’t particularly care if the entire Internet infrastructure got shut down either. Plenty to do without it, and in many ways I honestly think I’d prefer it that way.

(TheStrangerous) #7

@Ptiloui said:

If the gaming industry fall someday, this will be for good, because the only games that will last will be the good ones, made with passion, and not purely for making money.

Yeah, AAA industry needs to collapse, CAIN’T WAIT! We’ve already seen governmental action took cases, regarding lootboxes :slight_smile:

(GatoCommodore) #8

(bgyoshi) #9

It’s already hard enough to find time for games during the week. Between working, grocery shopping, cooking, dishes, cleaning house, chatting with friends and family, going to movies, dinner, and just… wanting to spend time with people outside of the house, it’s not exactly and end all if the gaming industry dies (it won’t)

There will always be games to play and old games to go back to when there’s nothing new.

(Xenithos) #10

I would make games.

(CyberVonCyberus) #11

Well I wouldn’t really be affected by that anymore since I finnally managed to find and make a group of friends, and perhaps it could be for the best…

(Chilled Sanity) #12

Wow Rice Krispies are okay but j aps is forbidden

wat

(bgyoshi) #13

@LoafOfBread said:
Wow Rice Krispies are okay but j aps is forbidden

wat

Casual racism

Yaaaaaaayyyyyyy

(Chilled Sanity) #14

@bgyoshi said:

@LoafOfBread said: