Do you ever get hyped for anything anymore?

(TheStrangerous) #1

Man, this last year I didn’t get hyped for anything, heck I don’t bother watching trailers at all. Even to things I follow.

I remember that great feeling of my favorite media receiving new content tease (sequel, prequel, update, new installment, etc.).
Like the light at the end of the tunnel. Looking forward to the future, not caring over harshness of life itself.

Nowadays I’m so snarky ans skeptical I can’t get hyped for anything, cause I always subconsciously expect disappointment, no matter what…

Of course hype is a bad thing and all, but that feeling of hope… forever lost… Least the unexpected surprises are good, that I gotta say.

Hockey, my paycheck, food, and my girl. That’s about it. Not that big on music anymore and I never watch TV shows or movies.

(bgyoshi) #3

Baseball, movies, vacations/travel

For games? No, nothing is really worth the hype any more. Pretty much every game is a just a cookie cutter of the last one.

Nowadays it’s less about being hyped for the release of a game and more about finding a random gem amidst all the garbage.

(GatoCommodore) #4

(bgyoshi) #5

Bumping this thread because the new God of War Dad of Boy is FUCKING LITTTTTTTTT

(Demonic_Muff1n) #6

tell you one thing though, no one seems to be hyped for cod. before every time activision gave a sneak peek on their twitter people would be all over it. now in this year no one really cares. Although i am looking forward to red dead redemption 2, the crew 2, Detroit become human, vampyr, agony, days gone, metro exodus, anthem, ghost of tsushima and last of us part 2. thats pretty much it

(kopyright) #7

Infinity War was the last thing getting me hyped lately, and it totally lived up to it, so yes.

(GatoCommodore) #8

@Demonic_Muff1n said:
tell you one thing though, no one seems to be hyped for cod. before every time activision gave a sneak peek on their twitter people would be all over it. now in this year no one really cares. Although i am looking forward to red dead redemption 2, the crew 2, Detroit become human, vampyr, agony, days gone, metro exodus, anthem, ghost of tsushima and last of us part 2. thats pretty much it

Ayy, i heard metro was reclaimed by THQ Nordic
this is going to be a good metro game.

Also, Ghost Tsushima is ps4 only

(Demonic_Muff1n) #9

@GatoCommodore said:

Ayy, i heard metro was reclaimed by THQ Nordic
this is going to be a good metro game.

Also, Ghost Tsushima is ps4 only

basically my point is the main focus of gaming as of now is the battle royale genre

(Mc1412013) #10

Sleep time