Dirty Bomb URF

(TepidJesus) #1

For those of you who don’t know what URF is it means Ultra Rapid Fire (I doubt SD would be allowed to call it this after its debut in LoL) and what it would be is a “normal” game in DB but all abilities would have an 80% cool down reduction on them, this mode is purely for fun and would be only on a select amount of servers l. It would have to offer less XP per ability use (otherwise it would be an easy mission grinding machine). I understand that some mercs would be very strong with their abilities on a low cool down (same thing happened in LoL) but to combat this it would be all random(like it is in League), it would choose you a random merc from all that you own (maybe you could shortlist 10 or you could be allowed to re-roll the merc you get a certain number of times, the amount of rerolls would be based of level) and you could select a loadout card and then it put you into the game. I know someone will say something about team composition so I’ll address that now, first off it is just a fun mode that is not meant to be taken seriously and secondly in League it doesn’t seem to matter, even when I had a whole team of support champs we still won and had a good time because we worked together and understood the situation that we where in.

TLDR; i would like to see a URF mode like there is in LoL in DB (Who knows, might be a good replacement for Excecution)

(OwynTyler) #2

Just give us modding already for ditybomb maps\modifiers and we’ll do it ourselves B)

(Press E) #3

I’ve been suggesting similar things for a while.
I know a lot of games that pull April Fools pranks in their games. The first that comes to mind is Dying Light, where in one instance they made kicking enemies send them flying across the map.

Hopefully the inclusion of rentable servers will allow for customization like this. Damage done, merc health, cooldowns, or even weird things like jump height, limiting weapons, etc. There’s a lot of opportunity, and introducing less serious modes is one of the best things SD could do for the game imo.

(Your worst knifemare.) #4

@STARRYSOCK said:
Hopefully the inclusion of rentable servers will allow for customization like this. Damage done, merc health, cooldowns, or even weird things like jump height, limiting weapons, etc. There’s a lot of opportunity, and introducing less serious modes is one of the best things SD could do for the game imo.

I would be happy if someone made TF2’s “vs Saxton Hale” mode except Hale is replaced by Shoe.

(Mc1412013) #5

I want big head mode. tiny bodies big bobble heads and some kinda circus style music in the back ground for april fools day

(SnakekillerX) #6

@TepidJesus said:
For those of you who don’t know what URF is it means Ultra Rapid Fire (I doubt SD would be allowed to call it this after its debut in LoL) and what it would be is a “normal” game in DB but all abilities would have an 80% cool down reduction on them, this mode is purely for fun and would be only on a select amount of servers l. It would have to offer less XP per ability use (otherwise it would be an easy mission grinding machine). I understand that some mercs would be very strong with their abilities on a low cool down (same thing happened in LoL) but to combat this it would be all random(like it is in League), it would choose you a random merc from all that you own (maybe you could shortlist 10 or you could be allowed to re-roll the merc you get a certain number of times, the amount of rerolls would be based of level) and you could select a loadout card and then it put you into the game. I know someone will say something about team composition so I’ll address that now, first off it is just a fun mode that is not meant to be taken seriously and secondly in League it doesn’t seem to matter, even when I had a whole team of support champs we still won and had a good time because we worked together and understood the situation that we where in.

TLDR; i would like to see a URF mode like there is in LoL in DB (Who knows, might be a good replacement for Excecution)

The biggest arguments about Execution not working were the larger support abilities were too explosive to compare with the abilities of other mercs making it a bit too OP, abuseable, not fun, unbalanced… etc.

But having all abilities with an 80% cool down reduction… that sounds fair. I can throw fletcher nades almost indefinitely, but can’t really make use of any of them because of constant death from above from airstrikes and lasers. I guess I could keep people healed up with my constant ability to place a med station…

Look I know this was suggested as just for fun, but how on earth is it a “good” replacement for Execution?

(frostyvampire) #7

I don’t play League but if I understand correctly you mean something like total mayhem in Overwatch? (except without the double hp)

If so, it would be fun. I don’t know if it’s good to add it now but when the game is out of beta I would love to see something like this

(TepidJesus) #8

@SnakekillerX I think it would be a good replacement only in terms of something else fun to do.