DIRTY BOMB UPDATE: Version 22962 - August 23rd 2013

(Mustang) #21

I’m not on super fast mega fiber and my ETA is 5 minutes, go figure… :tongue:

Nice return from vacation present, thanks guys.

(en2ie) #22

Yes noticed this too, i think defibs + all grenade variations (apart from the stock grenade if it returns) should be on 1 item key, packs and stations should be on the other.

(UnreaL.) #23

[QUOTE=Mustang;464761]I’m not on super fast mega fiber and my ETA is 5 minutes, go figure… :tongue:

Nice return from vacation present, thanks guys.[/QUOTE]

14 hours down on my grand australian rural internet :slight_smile:
Really wanted to test this stuff out asap. :frowning:

(1-800-NOTHING) #24

that’s not a pistol, that’s a weak sniper rifle…

(.N.E.R.D.) #25

Somehow I can’t connect. I don’t think it’s the Launcher. I think it’s just that I don’t wanna :wink:

(scre4m.) #26

maybe your cfg file is set on read-only. That didnt allow me to connect after last update.

regarding the update: air control is nothing special as fas as I tested it, but seems ok in general. Maybe needs some more tweaking, but generally I like giving people more freedom in their movement.

(bitTter) #27

i like the changes so far! thx for that ^^

(fzl) #28

wane interessts “air movement”?

whats is with the post process fix? with the spawntimer,the random spawns…the dark skin engeneer?

i`m so dissapointed with this update…

(Kl3ppy) #29

fzl, it is a hotfix for the plier speeds, not more not less. All the things you ask for need a bigger patch (more programming time etc). So wait till the next real patch :wink:

(RasteRayzeR) #30

[QUOTE=fzl;464824]wane interessts “air movement”?

whats is with the post process fix? with the spawntimer,the random spawns…the dark skin engeneer?

i`m so dissapointed with this update…[/QUOTE]

For one thing, I think this patch (not update), is bringing a few new elements that improve the game, like air control or faster RoF for the soldiers. We will further test this with the draft.

(Violator) #31

The verdict so far:

Gameplay
Repair nerfing for other classes is a step in the right direction, though the ‘mid’ range is still pretty quick. I’d say 20% for ‘mid’ (soldier, sniper) & 0% for fldops/med.
Air control change is nice but doesn’t seem to make a lot of difference in the gameplay - had fun trying the ‘3 car jump’ from the doc run attack spawn on LB. Now to fix the jump momentum thing (ducks for cover ;))

EDIT: would be nice here if you could get from the 3rd car to the bus stop roof and back onto the balcony.

Ghostly predator cloak - quite effective at long range but pretty useless up close. Wanted to be able to sneak around backstabbin’ but didn’t manage to pull this off very much.
BBQ Molotov - think I got a total of one kill with this, but as an area of denial its pretty good to lob at chokes. Maybe make it last a lot longer give one of the med classes a fire extinguisher :).
Performance - am getting 70fps where I was getting 120-150fps (this is with everything on low - or do I? (post-process issue)).

Weapons
Conker MG - seems a bit better (probably just getting used to it) though its not as effective as before. Pistol - didn’t survive long enough to try it.
T-Rat MP - hated at first but its not too bad once you get used to it, takes a LOT of hits to down someone though but very accurate. Pistol - see above.
BBQ MG - love this weapon :slight_smile: Good at short & medium range, not good at long but its not meant to be I guess. Never had to use pistol as hey I’m a field ops :slight_smile:
Ghostly rifle - really like this weapon as well, good feel. Pistol not so, as a finishing weapon I rarely took down anyone I’d sniped. Also it has a silencer but the sound doesn’t?

(potty200) #32

3 hours wait again! God damn you smooth! :smiley:

(Volcano) #33

why do we have to redownload the client again :\ please don’t do that for all the patches

(en2ie) #34

Agreed! My favourite character is now BBQ, I get a few frags now and then with the molotov - but as you say its best used for area denial. Sometimes they are really helpful to defend an armed explosive or even an objective like the first switch on Camden.

(Kl3ppy) #35

[QUOTE=Violator;464828]

EDIT: would be nice here if you could get from the 3rd car to the bus stop roof and back onto the balcony.[/QUOTE]

Would be cool if we can get this Jump Series too:

(Seanza) #36

Excited to test! And well done for pushing it out last night, I’m glad you didn’t let me down :wink:

(1-800-NOTHING) #37

the increased air control is really nice.
however, once again jumping feels a bit like hanging suspended in midair and the transition to ground/sprint feels a bit clunkier than in the last patch.
would be really cool to hit the ground sprinting.

(potty200) #38

BTW, passwords still not on the match servers!

(Seanza) #39

Have raised it in the IRC chan, also to have slots put back at 14.

(INF3RN0) #40

Yea… this was a delayed hotfix from the prev patch, so not sure what else to expect from it. The rest will come after they are recovered from gamescom most likely.