DIRTY BOMB UPDATE: Version 19039

(Protekt1) #21

[QUOTE=OwNLY;443006]Well, a real crosshair would have been nice, the dot is a good start but bad for tracking…

Expecting the next update :smiley:

But now that we have turrets i miss the mines… both are annoying.[/QUOTE]

Between the two, I actually prefer fighting this form of turret.

(Breo) #22

Good work! I just played a couple games and like the changes so far.

Just a couple visual things I’ve noticed:

• Engineer primary weapon has a iron sight + optic scope, so the iron sight should be removed?
  • Dot crosshair is a bit small for me

The racks are removed which is good, but I run very fast out of ammo :rolleyes: the fieldops is not always near especially at Camden.
Maybe reintroduce the ammopack when you gib or increase magazine size slightly?

(Ecano) #23

[QUOTE=Breo;443010]
The racks are removed which is good, but I run very fast out of ammo :rolleyes: the fieldops is not always near especially at Camden.
Maybe reintroduce the ammopack when you gib or increase magazine size slightly?[/QUOTE]

Good point.

(MrEd) #24

Optimisation is a big focus for the team right now, with the first results starting to creep into this update. There are going to be a ton more changes coming soon though and that should smooth out the top end but most of all really help the machines closer to our minimum spec goals.

(woll3) #25

If i guess correct, the Frontsight cannot be removed from G3 type weapons, thats why its still on.

(rand0m) #26

[QUOTE=Breo;443010]Good work! I just played a couple games and like the changes so far.

Just a couple visual things I’ve noticed:

• Engineer primary weapon has a iron sight + optic scope, so the iron sight should be removed?
  • Dot crosshair is a bit small for me

Maybe reintroduce the ammopack when you gib or increase magazine size slightly?[/QUOTE]

It’s team play game. You find your field ops and get ammo. I agree with dropping weapons/packs when enemies are killed with the amount of ammo that was in the enemies clip only…not always a full clip, unless of course their clip was full…just like rtcw/et…medics remember this.

(Seanza) #27

Played this update earlier but had to rush out to see Iron Man 3 (it’s amazing, btw!!). From my brief time playing, I noticed the game loads MUCH faster now - love that. I really like the changes to the grenades now as well, still feel they fly for too long, though.

Additionally, “Gameplay Post Process” defaults back to “On” if you quit the client and come back in. I really like playing with it set to off because it takes away the blood from my screen when taking damage (I always found it to be very gimmicky and nooby when games did this).

I’m really glad my beloved dot crosshair is back! Fuchsia pink represent! I can see where people are complaining about the size, though I’m pretty happy with the size!

As people are putting in their wishes for future patch updates, I hope for an extra clip in the assault rifles as I feel I’m always getting into situations where I’m running out of ammo after staying alive for a long time.

Great update, thanks for being so responsive to our feedback <3

(rand0m) #28

[QUOTE=Seanza;443040]Played this update earlier but had to rush out to see Iron Man 3 (it’s amazing, btw!!). From my brief time playing, I noticed the game loads MUCH faster now - love that. I really like the changes to the grenades now as well, still feel they fly for too long, though.

Additionally, “Gameplay Post Process” defaults back to “On” if you quit the client and come back in. I really like playing with it set to off because it takes away the blood from my screen when taking damage (I always found it to be very gimmicky and nooby when games did this).

I’m really glad my beloved dot crosshair is back! Fuchsia pink represent! I can see where people are complaining about the size, though I’m pretty happy with the size!

As people are putting in their wishes for future patch updates, I hope for an extra clip in the assault rifles as I feel I’m always getting into situations where I’m running out of ammo after staying alive for a long time.

Great update, thanks for being so responsive to our feedback <3[/QUOTE]

Ask for ammo from the field ops?..

(Seanza) #29

Trust me, I’ve tried. I also can’t rely on a field ops when I’m roaming the map behind enemy lines myself. That extra clip would make a world of difference.

(Mustang) #30
  • View bob still occurs on reload even when disabled in menu

• First and last objectives on Waterloo are invisible

• Grenade fuse audio is inaudible whilst priming (still held in your hand)

• Gameplay post processing doesn’t stay disabled

• Hit indicator has some sort of secondary ^ shapes that appear, very annoying

• One frame interval difference in performance is negligible whereas difference in input lag is massive, suggest it should default to disabled

• Suggestions for menu options:

• Minimap zoom
    • Chat message fade time
    • Max chat messages
    • Obituary message fade time
    • Max obituary messages
    • Enable/disable text to speech
    • Vertical mouse speed multiplier (doesn’t seem to work since latest patch :()

(INF3RN0) #31

[QUOTE=OwNLY;443006]Well, a real crosshair would have been nice, the dot is a good start but bad for tracking…

[/QUOTE]

Definitely need a way to make that dot bigger.

(rookie1) #32

Nice things in this patch but didnt play it yet .this week end i will
I Flew most of maps except camden here what I think:

-movement : really like the backward speed now also the run and jumping realy feel like Im jumping forward gaining few steps;Fell good with the movement to me :slight_smile:
-Reloading or shooting while running feel much better would like a tad less slow down…but pretty good now
-Nades seem ok
-all weapons at first look feel ok to me

-air strike seem not center to the marker look like its shooting too much to the right (have to test more )
-Amo stations : I miss them would like to see one in choke points (could do a station with limited amo inside)

• lights on char not sure if they ok (blur)

Maps :
many spots in waterloo and LB are too bright now (LB research interior is one of them)
-WC attacker EV aera ligthing is not as best as it was …imo
-Waterloo new routes and configuration look interessting ,cant say nothing didnt play it yet
-Canary Wharf:: liked the tubes configuration will be fun to run around these tubes.
Gates should be made to be more usefull ( i like the open/close possibility)
really like the map config but last obj need some work ( aera is awesome but for a last obj its need to be improve )
I didnt play it since few weeks but i can tell looking at it
-Camden look real nicer all the time …
Second objective : still not in love with it (buildings addition defender side )
The new doors position at the wagons= I like.
The electrical gate new route …not sure if the switch should be more on attacker side … the idea of it is nice but would like it to be somewhere more
strategically important

one spot Too bright in LB

(Hundopercent) #33

Glad to see the rest of my post being implemented. I’m downloading now and may even try to stomach playing on the EU servers with 180 ping to give you guys more of my loving and of course anticipated feed back. :slight_smile:

(Hundopercent) #34

Played for a little tonight and being able to disable hit markers and post game screen rape is fantastic. Camden is looking really, really nice, however I feel like it’s 2 maps put into 1. The very last objective doesn’t seem to fit in at all with the rest of the map. Would you consider removing that last objective and just ending it with the chopper?

Crosshair changes are obviously a huge upgrade. Need to be able to increase the size (dot is literally a pixel for me) and brightness + opaqueness though (I’m sure you guys are aware of this already.)

Grenades felt good to me except they have a little bit (very little) of float to them. The bounce, for me, is fine. I like to be able to toss a good skillful nade.

Movement feels a lot better, though being able to only sprint forward feels a little weird, not sure if it’s because I haven’t played in so long or what but it just felt weird. I really think jump crouching should be added and a little more freedom on the maps like being able to jump on the edge of windows etc.

With the little time played me and Valdez found a few unclipped walls in Camden that you could just run through or fall off the map.

More to come as I play more.

(rand0m) #35

[QUOTE=strychzilla;443047]Played for a little tonight and being able to disable hit markers and post game screen rape is fantastic. Camden is looking really, really nice, however I feel like it’s 2 maps put into 1. The very last objective doesn’t seem to fit in at all with the rest of the map. Would you consider removing that last objective and just ending it with the chopper?

Crosshair changes are obviously a huge upgrade. Need to be able to increase the size (dot is literally a pixel for me) and brightness + opaqueness though (I’m sure you guys are aware of this already.)

Grenades felt good to me except they have a little bit (very little) of float to them. The bounce, for me, is fine. I like to be able to toss a good skillful nade.

Movement feels a lot better, though being able to only sprint forward feels a little weird, not sure if it’s because I haven’t played in so long or what but it just felt weird. I really think jump crouching should be added and a little more freedom on the maps like being able to jump on the edge of windows etc.

With the little time played me and Valdez found a few unclipped walls in Camden that you could just run through or fall off the map.

More to come as I play more.[/QUOTE]

I agree with the idea of removing the last Camden objective. I think the chopper should be the end.

Crouch jumping is a must as well and needs to be worked on. There are many of ledges that are reachable per ANY other game with crouch jumping yet in DB it’s impossible, please fix and allow this to happen.

I don’t understand your stance on “being able to only sprint forward strych”

Can you sprint backwards? I sure as hell can’t. I can run backwards…but “sprint” I dunno about that. Only sprinting forward makes sense to me and I think movement feels good, the punishment from jumping is gone.

I also found in a lot of areas on Camden I fell through the map upon being killed and unable to receive a revive from a medic. Didn’t take screenshots but make a pass at your floors and don’t allow dead bodies to fall through.

(rand0m) #36

So I just logged in after playin earlier today, and my name is set to Player341 and my config has reset to default? Why is this…

Edit: weird changed servers back to normal. I think it may have had to do with running as administrator.

(Ruben0s) #37

Great Job guys! The game feels so much better than a few months ago and starts to feel like an ET game. Movement feels way better, but I’m still hoping for some kind of movement/jump system.

I really love the art, damn you graphic artists… ( I love exploring the world just on my own :O).

And I already noticed better performance since the last two patches. Game feels smooth on my main machine (2 x HD 6850 150+ fps, used to be 110 fps :D).

Now only if I had some time to play the game…

(murka) #38

Had a few games yesterday and wow, shooting finally has a feel to it. Can actually see where i’m tracking or where i’m off now. In darker areas it was just perfect, in lighter areas, however, the small dot did blend in a bit too much. Slightly bigger dot or a semi-transparent circle around it should be enough. Didn’t think such a slight change to crosshair would be like day and night for the shooting feel.

Breakable glass was a nice touch. Did get a bit weird when you shot at someone or worse, sniped them through those tough-looking glass panes on LB and nobody shot back.

Not sure about grenade bouncyness anymore, feels weird but also awesome when you can bounce one around a corner like that. Had a few good situations yesterday when it came in handy.

(pulley) #39

that update sounds great. cant wait to play tonight :slight_smile:

Really great how SD applies to our feedback! <3

(iwound) #40

Just been trying the grenades out. they now feel worse than the last patch.
last patch they felt ok but went too far and bounced too much. This has been reduced by what seems a reduction in speed.
Which gives a floaty feeling like im throwing a small balloon with a weight inside it.

Il say again i suggest going back to Version 17963 grenades as they felt ok and distance was fairly good.
But whatever was changed to increase the distance has had a knock-on effect to how they feel.

The distance is still too far now. There is no point in being able to throw that far as you cant throw it at someone and expect them to hang around while it turns up.

It should move fast with a correct fall-off to stop it going too far. With a deadening bounce off walls.

As iv’e said 17963 was ok. No-one was complaining about them but they got changed.

see other thread on nades.
http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/35765-Grenades-Version-18442?highlight=grenades