DIRTY BOMB UPDATE: Version 18442

(scre4m.) #21

Damage is fine
Damage Fall-off feels a bit too much, but almost ok
Spread is fine
RoF too high
Fov Changer = instant disable, felt horrible
Throwing Medpacks/Nades/HeartbeatSensors = I like throwing Medpacks over long distances, but for the nades it feels too much.
Performance = poor, I dont understand why we get more Veffects every patch, while the game runs on horrible fps

(potty200) #22

Some really nice looking updates. Downloading at the rate of a snail so will hopfully be on before the end of the year!

(Ruben0s) #23

Added slight fov increase while sprinting (can be disabled using EnableGameplayFovAdjust 0)

:frowning:

This should be disabled.

(scre4m.) #24

[QUOTE=Ruben0s;440744]:frowning:

This should be disabled.[/QUOTE]
this will help u: EnableGameplayFovAdjust 0

(spookify) #25

The Patch was good for the little I played. A USA player in a Euro server is almost unplayable. Last night there was finally like 3 ppl in a USA server and it was awesome. I just played a bit at lunch in a Euro server is it is impossible to track because people are disappearing or shooting at your before you see them or rubber-banding back a few steps which all mess up your aim and make you sick.

(MrFunkyFunk) #26

Sadly my pc performances seem to have dropped a bit.

I played mostly cvops and I didn’t enjoy much of tonight’s games, it’s mostly due to my fps issues but also due to that weird post-shot bobbing/swinging animation. Even with the new fallof I got the impression I was killed a lot more often and faster at distance than the previous patch, I guess the other changes kinda “cancel” that specific one.
The damage reduction is good one, gives more chance to the enemy to have a reflex reaction.
It’s my “on-the-fly” first impression with cvops, might change but overall it felt more right with the previous update.

Camden modifications look nice tho, less bushes!

(Breo) #27

I feel like the indicator is too small and too close to the crosshair :frowning: also sometimes the deathghost won’t show up?

(warbie) #28

Some great sounding changes :slight_smile:

Can someone explain fall-off and the reason for it to me. And is this something often used in fps? - it’s something that’s completely passed me by if so. Is it as simple as bullets do less damage over a distance?

(Mustang) #29

Yes and yes, mostly for balance of weapons I’d say.

(Kendle) #30

Patch is awesome, well done SD, feels really nice, certainly feels like I’m hitting what I’m pointing at. Art pass is very welcome, doesn’t seem to have affected my FPS much which is nice, Camden starting to look really good, but the best change is the HUGE gameplay alterations to Camden 2nd stage, well 2nd and 3rd because you’ve merged them into 1. Very, very nice and deeply impressed at such a radical change, really feel like the game is evolving now. :slight_smile:

(Humate) #31

It might be just me - but were there more camera shakes introduced into the game?
Tried out the fov changing thing, since you specifically asked to try it out, and it felt terrible.
Disabled now.

The weapons feel good, even though it was with a 320 ping.
Also enjoyed the new camden.

Was hoping to try the character set 03, because unfortunately I’m starting to get a bit bored (yes I know Im here for testing /cough)

delayed edit: could you bring back the directional hit indicator from the last patch…?

(iwound) #32

why didnt we listen to you. why. seriously that fov is horrible. i tried as you never know. but nah im keeping mine off. made me feel quisy.
not sure if its supposed to simulate body movement. but if i started seeing like that in real life i’d see a doc quick.

love the new building on camden and layout of the 2nd obj area. great sense of an arena and focus.
players grouping together, using teamwork. [big applause smilie/]. more of this please.

new layout on whitechapel looks great also with a simpler layout (chapel) and cores in the middle.
im looking forward to seeing how players adapt to this.

lots to sink my teeth into.

[QUOTE=Humate;440760]

Was hoping to try the character set 03, because unfortunately I’m starting to get a bit bored (yes I know Im here for testing /cough)[/QUOTE]

i think we all do. i was hoping for a least a switch. gief turrets.

(scre4m.) #33

[QUOTE=warbie;440753]

Can someone explain fall-off and the reason for it to me. And is this something often used in fps? - it’s something that’s completely passed me by if so. Is it as simple as bullets do less damage over a distance?[/QUOTE]
ya exactly. damage gets less with higher distance. Comes most clear,when looking at shotguns or pistols. You wouldn’t want a shotgun that does massive damage over huge distance ( although spread limits this as well to a certain degree).

(scre4m.) #34

Regarding the fov change stuff:

Is it possible to set the fov values by yourself? I mean setting runfov “120” and walkfov “110”

This might make this feature useful to a certain degree.

(Anti) #35

It’s common in most FPS games that have potentially very variable combat distances. Sadly damage, rate of fire, spread, creep and those sorts of attributes alone aren’t always enough, fall-off is another tool we need.

That said, we may have adjusted it a bit too far if you feel you can notice it (and not just because you read about it :)), we’ll keep an eye on how that shows up in the stats.

(warbie) #36

So why would guns other than shotguns have this? Say you’re shooting at someone on the other side of the map - which is pretty hard anyway due to spread, small target etc etc - and this makes it even harder? I’m not criticising btw - just don’t understabd the reason behind it.

(Kendle) #37

Snipers mainly I guess. Not a lot of point having a Sniper if a rather accurate SMG / AR with much higher RoF does just as much damage at a distance as it does up close. I’ve certainly used F/Ops AR + IS to out-snipe Snipers. I’ve even out-sniped Snipers with the Soldiers AR + IS, which is a bit nuts when you think about it.

(Nail) #38

I like the dust blowing around, just that little bit adds a lot imo, I rather liked the machine pistol from before though

(iwound) #39

i always confused fall off with trajectory fall or whatever the correct term is.
is this used at all. particularly on sniper rifles.

(Nail) #40

correct term is “gravity”
:smiley: