DIRTY BOMB UPDATE: Version 15833

(DarkangelUK) #21

[QUOTE=light_sh4v0r;423152]Nice, it’ll be interesting to see how overtime plays in SD games :slight_smile:
Stopwatch shouldn’t get overtime though![/QUOTE]

I asked Anti, he said SW doesn’t have overtime. I noticed on Whitechapel that they’ve gone with the Brink style objective phases e.g. 5 mins to do the 1st one, if you succeed then 5 mins to do the next phase etc. I just wish they’d speed up the EV, it’s just so slow.

(maxxxxlol) #22

Would love to see the hit sounds swapped around. Low for body high for head.

(rookie1) #23

not priori but just to say that i couldnt make work the demo video in the launcher at all yesterday …always was bug …worse now

(Mustang) #24

Of course, I’m sure they will, placeholders atm.

If I’m honest I can’t even hear anything for a headshot right now.

(Rex) #25

Like SRS-Kap said in this thread:

(maxxxxlol) #26

He says they are placeholders, nothing about having high pitched for headshots and low for body. All we know is they just want to make better sounding ones.

(EnderWiggin.DA.) #27

Haven’t played White Chapel in a while. I don’t know if it’s my new video card or if you guys put some more time into the map, but I loved the new overall lighting and textures at the construction site.
The new limbo menu is polishing up rather nice.

(BMXer) #28

Since this update I can only play for a few minutes before my game locks up and my entire system restarts. It always happens right as I am about to respawn. I played for less than 5 minutes today and about 10 minutes last night all ending in my system restarting.

I’m looking forward to seeing how everything feels at a proper 120hz/120fps. I still can’t tell if the awkward feeling strafing is the game or my system/settings. Strafing back and forth still feels strange to me.

(Ashog) #29

[QUOTE=Smooth;422834]Hi all,

We have just released a new game update with the following changes:

Added Time Extension to Objective Mode for some levels
Added Overtime to Objective Mode for when an objective is in progress
Pressing sprint no longer cancels reload - cannot reload while sprinting
Added placeholder hit beeps - see Audio options menu
Reduced knife melee range by 10%
Tweaked Air Control & jumping behaviour[/quote]

This is HILARIOUS! Thanks for these changes. Yay, aircontrol! Yay to reload - I also got to conclusion that sprint canceling reload was a bad thing - sometimes died because of that since didn’t know that reload wasn’t complete. Will test the patch tomorrow.

(iwound) #30

so there i was on london bridge and the ev was about to fall into the hands of the err others.
so i thought id get the barrier built. mm my pliers dont appear to be working.
then i hear the ev is repaired and now i can build the 1st barrier.
i look at the map and all my team are behind the attackers in the market. i could hear the screams as they were all cut down.
so in essence the defence has a short amount of time to build the first barrier.
pre-update you could build before the ev was repaired just like gold rush.
Ooo you sneaky SDers lucky the new people are playing the objectives and not kill counts.
will be interesting to see how this plays out.

but the data core section is still over in a flash too many times, mainly due to attack only can enter when they dominate the entrance and when it opens they are straight in. if when it was destroyed the green gas was there at the entrance for a few seconds say time it takes to spawn. this could allow at least the possibility of a defence. if the buildings are contaminated, then when they are destroyed this will disturb the radioactive stuff. and voila green clouds of death.

(stealth6) #31

I think they added a delay on the datacore part, but indeed it still needs something to effectively keep attackers out of the building for 5 more seconds imo.

Atm you run in and just as you enter the room the datacores appear so… Still don’t have to wait.

(iwound) #32

an overall delay wont work as you delay defense as well. while attack are just sitting on the door step.
most of the time they are already gone by the time i get in even if im alive at the entrance when it opens.

it could be fixed by spawn waves. see other thread :smiley:

(Mustang) #33

Yes do something more about the data core section.

It’s much more fun for both sides if the defense have time to setup shop before their inevitable doom arrives.

Perhaps I’d even say it would be better if they had a more direct access rather than delaying the attackers.

(Smooth) #34

[QUOTE=iwound;423576]an overall delay wont work as you delay defense as well. while attack are just sitting on the door step.
most of the time they are already gone by the time i get in even if im alive at the entrance when it opens.[/QUOTE]

We’ve been toying with the idea of having the front entrance remain on fire for a while (10-20s?) so players running through it get heavily damaged until it dies down.

This should give defenders a chance to get ready for the onslaught. We can also look at the defenders spawn point positioning.

(stealth6) #35

[QUOTE=iwound;423576]an overall delay wont work as you delay defense as well. while attack are just sitting on the door step.
most of the time they are already gone by the time i get in even if im alive at the entrance when it opens.

it could be fixed by spawn waves. see other thread :D[/QUOTE]

Maybe if they put a dust cloud in the front entrance, that makes you cough and tears up your lungs. After X amount of seconds the ventilation kicks in and clears it up. The other entrances are open and both teams can use them, but they are closer for defense so hopefully then defense has a shot at getting in first.

EDIT: Lol, Smooth read my mind.

(INF3RN0) #36

[QUOTE=Smooth;423585]We’ve been toying with the idea of having the front entrance remain on fire for a while (10-20s?) so players running through it get heavily damaged until it dies down.

This should give defenders a chance to get ready for the onslaught. We can also look at the defenders spawn point positioning.[/QUOTE]

Reconsider transmit times (5+s), and also maybe a separate location for transmission.

(Smooth) #37

Short delivery times @ the other end are definitely being discussed as well :slight_smile:

(iwound) #38

i think my idea is slightly sexier. but that would do. maybe gas and flames. its all the same.
i don’t think defense spawn is an issue as you cant really get them any closer to make a difference. (just make em a wave.)
but yes if you do put a flaming wall up then allow players to try and walk through and don’t clip it. just for the lolz. :smiley:

(stealth6) #39

[QUOTE=iwound;423589]i think my idea is slightly sexier. but that would do. maybe gas and flames. its all the same.
i don’t think defense spawn is an issue as you cant really get them any closer to make a difference. (just make em a wave.)
but yes if you do put a flaming wall up then allow players to try and walk through and don’t clip it. just for the lolz. :D[/QUOTE]

Obligatory use of the Wilhelm Scream. (http://youtu.be/4YDpuA90KEY)

(Ashog) #40

Nah, just auto gib everyone on map, that should work pretty well.