DIRTY BOMB UPDATE: Version 15027

(Evil-Doer) #21

The engy secondary weapon is just as beast as the rest, take a look :slight_smile:

(Humate) #22

My feedback:

For some unknown reason, I cant use radar nades as sniper practice anymore /cough

(Bananas) #23

[QUOTE=Smooth;419735]snip
Cheats have been disabled
[/QUOTE]Cheats are still working for me. At least infinite ammo is. Just a heads up.

(Bloodbite) #24

Cheats!?! There were cheats?

(INF3RN0) #25

-Movement feels more fluid with jumping. Can’t comment on much else as of yet. I’d love some more extensive map layout changes and tweaks, but I am guessing there was widening in certain locations?

-Player markers look much better now as well, but I don’t really find the enemy markers/hp that necessary.

-I like that heartbeat sensor shows class as well now. Fops icon is nice, but still would love a helmet for soldier.

(EnderWiggin.DA.) #26

-I’m with DAUK, why show enemy health? I didn’t like it in ETQW and other games and I still don’t like it here. My lawn, get off it. I much preferred the simple system in previous builds.
-Engineer 1 shotty as primary weapon- In short, the shotgun as a primary really makes me not want to play engineer. I just expect to die if the shotty is selected and I’m at anything but knifing range. Not fun. Psychologically speaking, I wonder if the engineer 1 weapons were swapped if I would have as much an aversion to Engy1? ie machine pistol = primary and shotty = secondary.
-enjoyed the improvements in movement and animations/skins. Well, I think I saw some differences.
-Anti warp, does this game have antiwarp? There was a player tonight that was warping a little to me (half meter in game distance). Other players weren’t.

(iwound) #27

i like enemy health for the reason of risk assessment. hes got low health i could have him. always found it useful.
it helps my style of play . helps me know where i stand a better chance of success.

not sure on the lack of pda announce/indication will have to see.

(Bananas) #28

Don’t like enemy health. Don’t think it’s a stat that players should see.

Jumping feels a lot better.

Engineer being limited to engi1 is making me suicidal. I usually get stuck with objective class, so I expect to die a lot. But now I can’t even duel players. Really sucks.

I like the lack of objective announcement.

(j4b) #29

for the moment im fine with healthbars as they give me a better feedback if i hit the opponent or not. i still miss some decent hitsounds

(neobsen) #30

I don’t like the enemy health as well. It was one of the first things ETQWpro removed :wink:

However at the current stage I also don’t have a feeling of how much health the enemy player still could have. The feeling if I actually hit the enemy or not is still one of my major problems with the game. Don’t know how to improve it atm though

(Violator) #31

Jumping seems a bit more fluid now.
I miss soldier2, but getting better with AR of soldier1 - still can’t hit anything with the MG.
Tried engy as team was short - agree with shotgun, not played much before but it was really hard to land shots (seems like a lot of delay between firing and the shot registering compared to other weapons despite a 12 ping + around 70-80 fps) + took 2 to take someone down even at close range, by the time I could land a 2nd shot I would be toast 99% of the time. MP seemed better. Mines are nice, as was good not to have those pesky bush turrets :). Didn’t seem to die to shotguns like I used to so its been nerfed but not quite to QW levels.
The new obj indicators are nice + a lot less clutter. One thing I think could be improved is the massive cooldown bar for the mounted MG, it blocks out a lot of screen.
I like the player healthbars for risk assessments + to see if I’m actually hitting and for what damage. If I see one of the pro’s on full I can turn and run away ;).
Best of all the removal of the ‘X is planting’ announcements.

(Maca) #32

I actually don’t really like how small the triangles above friendlies became, but i might change my mind on this. I agree that enemies should not have health, maybe icons but not health. Showing health should be something given to covop for example. And perhaps one of the utilities of covop censor could be to show enemy health to all.
And a definite yes to more clearer hit sounds. That’s enough to determine enemy health.
And the next patch should include the possibility of having a center dot on the cross hair.

(Runeforce) #33

Good update. Love the enemy health bars.

(tokamak) #34

This. Just get rid of enemy markers entirely.

Enemy health isn’t important information anyway with the current time to kill. Hitting someone either means killing that person or that the person will die on the next salvo.

It’s just irrelevant information cluttering the screen and confusing you at moments you need it the least.

(iwound) #35

[QUOTE=tokamak;420010]This. Just get rid of enemy markers entirely.

Enemy health isn’t important information anyway with the current time to kill. You either kill someone or you don’t. The rest is irrelevant.[/QUOTE]

not true. it confirms how much of their hp im depleting. this is even more important with health recharge which tbh is ridiculous. just doing the medics job.

(tokamak) #36

You can hear how much their hp is depleting, that should be more than enough.

(Violator) #37

The ‘thunk’ hit sound I find gets lost in the general sounds of battle a lot of the time - I’d prefer a more audible ‘dink’ like in QW / ETPro then the health bar wouldn’t be so important perhaps.

(Senethro) #38

I would psychically stop shooting with the killing bullet in W:ET and ETQW, the hit sounds were so good.

Just as a comparison, Ns2 and tf2 feel confident enough in the strength of their game that they’ll tell you precisely the damage you’re inflicting with popups, which I think is better than health bars. Adds a little more mystery and means low health players can find ways to not get focused.

(stealth6) #39

Healthbars give away too much info. If you run into a 2v1, just check the healthbars and kill the lowest first. Or if somebody runs past you while you’re sneaking and has low health you’ll probably take them out. Otherwise you wouldn’t know and would let them go to keep your element of surprise.

(Scrupus) #40

Only played a few rounds yesterday, but game felt like it was running more smoothly after this update, not only the jumping but also normal movement felt better.

I like the new objective icons, a lot more informative now. Just wondering if they should be in another color than the team member colors, as yellow is very visible. Maybe keep objectives blue?

Enemy health icons is okay (for pub play), I find them useful as I’m too old to count hp cards in the heat.

Miss engy2 but the submachine gun is okay for now. I don’t ever seem to hit anything with the shotgun.

I like that you removed most of the activity announcements but it was maybe a bit too much - they should still be on terminal construction and stuff like that, I think. Or a objective progress bar like in etqw (for primary only).

But all in all, it’s just getting better :slight_smile:

One note about map rotations though: now that we only have 2 maps, we always play the same side on each map, if we don’t swap teams. With 3 (or any odd number of maps) in the rotation you “automatically” switched next time you played the same map again, but with even numbers it will be the same sides each time. Maybe add a swapteams in the map rotation script after all maps have been played (if you have that option).