Dirty Bomb in game toxicity survey.

(n-x) #21

@Eox what is your stand on reporting engineers who dont repair, non-healing medics and supports who dont drop ammo? I dont mean someone with 3 hours on his account but 100 hours. I think those things are the main reasons for toxicity on the servers.

(Eox) #22

@n-x said:
@Eox what is your stand on reporting engineers who dont repair, non-healing medics and supports who dont drop ammo? I dont mean someone with 3 hours on his account but 100 hours. I think those things are the main reasons for toxicity on the servers.

Tricky case IMO. Let’s take an engie that doesn’t repair : when I play DB, I would have trouble to know if an engie just doesn’t do his job because he doesn’t want to, because he’s clueless, or because he’s busy fighting the frontline due to miscommunication. Some people does throw games on purpose, but some players sometimes are sometimes very confused, or just that bad.

What scares me is that some players would use that as an excuse to ban players who just have trouble with the game or just did poorly. Some players would be very quick to report a single medic just because they judge like they did not got healed for a small moment. I mean, I clearly don’t want ranked to turn into a game of Overwatch, when you actually pass more time fighting your own team’s toxicity than the enemy team’s characters.

An engie, medic or fire support who does not do his job in ranked and does it on purpose should, obviously, be reported for throwing games. But we have to make sure that it’s not just a player that struggles more than usual.

(Darkwolf3802) #23

@Eox said:

@K1X455 said:

@Eox said:

Please report those players to the support. You can access the support by following this link : https://support.dirtybomb.com/hc/en-us

I’ve been reporting TKers and match throwers, and I still see them playing.

What does this mean?

NOTHING IS BEING DONE or I MY REPORTS ARE BEING COMPLETELY IGNORED.

Prove it otherwise. And don’t make claims that it’s being taken seriously.

I can’t make any claims. All I am sure about is that the process may take some time. I am as helpless as you. Reporting is all I can do. It’s also very hard to get rid of throwers and cheaters when they just have to create a new steam account to be a nuisance again.

However I did got confirmation that an ingame report system overhaul is being worked on. So at the very least there’s that.

That still doesnt give me my ranked rank back that i lost for this season from these leechers. The main issue is that this is causing ppl rank in the current setup that the game has. If it was playerbased and not so heavily based off of win\loss this wouldnt be so much an issue cause it would affect them the most and us the least.

(Tesralii) #24

@Eox
Sorry you had to deal with something like that. Those kind of issues aren’t that common in DB thankfully. You probably just got unlucky and ended up playing with a toxic group. You should probably give it another go, if you wish to ofc.

Not playing alone also helps a ton. Maybe you should attempt to meet some players outside of the game so you can make some friends to mess with. The DB forums are a good place for that, but you can also try the official Discord which is very active.

If you want a link to join the official DB Discord, try this one : https://discord.gg/zfPkWGP

I get where you’re coming from but I’m not really a social guy. Am happily playing Pillars of Eternity for the first time, atm. I need to also disagree that “witch-hunt” booting is not common. I see it about once every 2 hours or so. It’s usually someone raging at a new player. How your boot-vote system is set-up does not penalize people for abusing it. This has been a problem with the game for a while. But that’s just one dude’s opinion. GL

([ *O.C.B.* ] Wildcard) #25

@Tesralii said:

@Eox
Sorry you had to deal with something like that. Those kind of issues aren’t that common in DB thankfully. You probably just got unlucky and ended up playing with a toxic group. You should probably give it another go, if you wish to ofc.

Not playing alone also helps a ton. Maybe you should attempt to meet some players outside of the game so you can make some friends to mess with. The DB forums are a good place for that, but you can also try the official Discord which is very active.

If you want a link to join the official DB Discord, try this one : https://discord.gg/zfPkWGP

I get where you’re coming from but I’m not really a social guy. Am happily playing Pillars of Eternity for the first time, atm. I need to also disagree that “witch-hunt” booting is not common. I see it about once every 2 hours or so. It’s usually someone raging at a new player. How your boot-vote system is set-up does not penalize people for abusing it. This has been a problem with the game for a while. But that’s just one dude’s opinion. GL

To be fair abuse of a system like this will always exist in games, at some point or another of its lifespan, but it is more common in games that incite a more competitive feel. As for every 2 hours I’d have to disagree with that statement of frequency. I’ve only seen newbies kicked when they’ve been given fair warning and told what they need to do to help the team; only to choose to ignore it completely and be dead-weight. This is less something that stems from system abuse though and more that new players are not really getting the proper introductory experience to the games mechanics and the emphasis on team play. So, to be fair, you can’t expect the veteran players to not have grown tired of it being the norm that they are forced to deal with.

These veteran players, of which I am one, are human beings as well and can only display so much patience before they grow disgruntled with the situation. I myself chose to stay outside of weighing in on any such votes because I agree with the pleas of both sides; so I choose to retain a neutral stance. That’s not to say I agree with kicking the players, but that I understand why it occurs as an action born of frustration; I myself try to steer new players I encounter in the right direction when they are doing such things. There is, however, a point where we have to take responsibility for refusing to improve ourselves in a team-based system; when the player themselves refuses to do anything but weigh down the entire team they are already admitting themselves to being vote-kicked for a legitimate cause.

This could be a problem born of poor marketing in the past, that failed to emphasize the necessity of team-oriented play in this game; but it also is a fault that falls upon the introductory experience for newcomers being so clearly lacking. In the end though we have to acknowledge what we signed up for when we play this kind of game; it is a team-based objective shooter and if you can’t accept what comes with that territory this game may not be the right fit for you. There is no shame or wrong in that fact, this game isn’t going to appeal to everyone, but if someone is that resistant to learning how the game has to be approached there is really nothing more you can expect but to be made a pariah; it’s the natural result you should expect from such actions, and one you need to be prepared to deal with if you choose such a path.

(Tesralii) #26

I have seen one of your OCB players abuse a new player and then vote-kick them. It was actually the night this happened to me. If that’s what you mean by “fair warning” then you are part of the problem.

So, to be fair, you can’t expect the veteran players to not have grown tired of it being the norm that they are forced to deal with.

I totally understand being frustrated but at NO POINT is booting a new player the solution. You seem to think that’s what the boot function is for, which makes my point. The boot function is for: 1. cheaters, 2. overly toxic people.

Honestly I haven’t seen a cheater in a while and it would be a better solution to allow chat muting of abusive players (or the ability to turn chat off).

([ *O.C.B.* ] Wildcard) #27

@Tesralii said:
I have seen one of your OCB players abuse a new player and then vote-kick them. It was actually the night this happened to me. If that’s what you mean by “fair warning” then you are part of the problem.
I totally understand being frustrated but at NO POINT is booting a new player the solution. You seem to think that’s what the boot function is for, which makes my point. The boot function is for: 1. cheaters, 2. overly toxic people.
Honestly I haven’t seen a cheater in a while and it would be a better solution to allow chat muting of abusive players (or the ability to turn chat off).

Now you’re putting words in my mouth. This is a team focused game and if you aren’t going to contribute, no matter how many times you’re asked, you are a problem yourself by definition; muting a player isn’t going to make them any less of a dead-weight for the team.

Also, maybe you should actually read the full post. If you had you’d have taken note that I mentioned how I also keep out of weighing in on the vote; because I don’t exactly condone it either but I know why it happens; so how about we don’t go accusing me of something I don’t partake in.

PS. I don’t appreciate you pulling the mention of clan members in your argument when there is a no name and shame policy here. All you’re accomplishing is doing it on a clan-based scale when you do that. We will deal with our own members when such things occur but it’s not your place to be policing them, now is it?

Besides, we’ve had issues with people deciding to put on the tags who aren’t actually in the clan before and it’s something we are still dealing with; so I’d appreciate if you kept such comments out of public posts. Honestly, if you had sent a private message with the name in question I’d have had no problem with it but I do not appreciate this public shaming.

(Eox) #28

Closing this thread as I got enough information for that survey. It was time to end it. :slight_smile: