Dirty bomb freezes

(llamawithaRPG) #1

So ive had this problem that seems to be somewhat unique. What happens is that whenever i launch dirty bomb the game takes me to the loading screen and within a few seconds it just freezes. But i can still move my mouse around. Even worse i cant exit no matter what i do. I press shift+tab or shift+alt and i cannot exit, i have to restart my pc every time.
Ive already reinstalled it, i verified the files, ive checked that no program is blocking it and ive closed everything before launching. I have my drivers up to date and i do meet even recommended specs. With the latest update i was able to get the game to take me to the homepage with extremely bad fps before it crashes. I was able to do it twice but now it gets stuck on the loading screen again. Im really desperate for help at this point. If it helps i did download the GeForce Experience before this started happening but im not sure its causing this. Also none of my other games do this on steam and ive never had this problem before.
If anyone has any help id greatly appreciate it.

(Poldy040) #2

I have the same issue under Win10 64 bit home. When the game freezes, the only way to came out of the game is to press crtl+alt+del and then lock off from Windows, or performing a hard reset of cause. :wink: During the log off i got an window with the meassge Untrusted system file C:\Windows\System32\comhookdll.dll

Sometimes i got an additional window with an out of VRAM message! A GTX1060 with 6GB is running in my system!

I have tried to fix it in this way: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

The result was that Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations! :slight_smile:

I have this frezze nearly every evening when i am playing… Really annoying! :frowning:
It seems that this issue came up with one Win 10 update!

Anyone else are suffering this issue as well?