Dirty Bomb Closed Alpha Progress Update - August 21st 2013

(twincannon) #21

My favorite change haha

Also, “Significant increased player air-control”…? :open_mouth:

(MrFunkyFunk) #22

[QUOTE=twincannon;464386]

Also, “Significant increased player air-control”…? :O[/QUOTE]

You can now taunt defeated players by playing an air guitar.

On the patch topic: I don’t get why any random proficiency values weren’t introduced with the previous patch instead of the same one for every character, would have spared a lot of frustration and drama to everyone.
Can’t change what has been done, still it’s far better having the full mechanic as it was intended I guess.

(Seanza) #23

Excited to try :slight_smile:

(DB Genome editor) #24

[QUOTE=Smooth;464308][ul]
[li]Added the first pass of pliers proficiency to the characters (using place-holder assets):[/li][li]Engineers @ 100%[/li][li]Assault & Fire Support @ 35%[/li][li]Medics & Recon @ 20%[/li][/ul][/QUOTE]
Now we’re talking! I’m also liking the spread, with front-line classes being a bit more proficient than rear-guard ones :cool:

[li]T-Rat’s primary weapon has been switched out for a faster-firing SMG[/li][/ul][/QUOTE]
Hopefully it won’t impact too much his accuracy at longer range? Or is the intent to bring him closer to the other engies (close-up punch with not much beyond that), thus dooming that class to be short-range only? :frowning:

[li]Switched Ammo and AoE Damage ability keys around for Skyhammer, Arty & BBQ[/li][/ul][/QUOTE]
Second most important change in this update :smiley:

Let’s hope everything will go smoothly and we’ll get to try this out Friday!

(Wezelkrozum) #25

Does the server browser make a comeback in the launcher or are you guys still working on it?

(Seanza) #26

With it not being mentioned, I doubt it’s back. Thought it would be nice. Very nice :smiley:

(Smooth) #27

It will be back at some point, quite a bit of work though so can’t promise it’ll be soon :frowning:

(zeroooo) #28

not sure if have missedsome things but when will we enter the beta / closed beta phase?

i mean, alpha is now running for nearly 8 or 9 months or something

just a small information about how long you guys still want to stay in alpha stage, and dont say “when its finished” or omething xD

u must have a timetable or some plans when / how much time it will take to switch to beta :stuck_out_tongue:

(Kl3ppy) #29

[QUOTE=zeroooo;464549]not sure if have missedsome things but when will we enter the beta / closed beta phase?

i mean, alpha is now running for nearly 8 or 9 months or something

just a small information about how long you guys still want to stay in alpha stage, and dont say “when its finished” or omething xD

u must have a timetable or some plans when / how much time it will take to switch to beta :P[/QUOTE]

you forgot to add “soon” to your list :tongue:

(rand0m) #30

Increased player air control. Sounds awesome.

(INF3RN0) #31

Jet packs! jk

(Jonny_Hex) #32

Yup. That was always the intention. We’ve even gone to he extent of making different repair tools for each of the three levels of proficiency.

We can do the same with the hack and destroy tools too, later.

Looking forwards…

(iwound) #33

i’ll have nascar wheel lug impact gun ta very much.

[video=youtube_share;d9oXuFqjPHg]http://youtu.be/d9oXuFqjPHg[/video]

cool i asked about that in another thread.
so the dream of driving a mini up to the barrier and setting it off is still alive.

(Seanza) #34

Is this deploying today?

(Ashog) #35

Well, it doesn’t prevent lemming imho because when disarming with 4 engies one after another in a queue (if they die) still leads to a total one fourth of the original disarm time and it is still lemming but a coordinated one :slight_smile:

(Ashog) #36

I’m just wondering, why having only 2 guns in DB? We could have three for example as in TF - say soldier could have MG, shottie AND a pistol (and knife of course). Will it be a problem for the game? Of course this leaves less characters having totally unique weapons since probably some characters will get a same, say, pistol, but on the other hand this could be corrected by creating more unique weapons…

I mean devs surely discussed this during game concepting discussions earlier, but it would be cool to hear what they thought about that then.

(en2ie) #37

Yeah I think you answered your own question sort of, the characters would have less unique weapons. If they are trying to “define” the characters more it would be a backwards step to share more weapons between them.

If DB had a bigger dev team then perhaps as you say, making lots more weapons would be a possibility.

(montheponies) #38

Really? I doubt that you would have four players all standing around the objective making a nice clumped target for a nade to take out, when half of those players cant actually help with the arming/defusing.

Also if the maximum is 2 players, and both are engineers the maximum speed will be 200%.

(fzl) #39

i there a date for this short update?

(Humate) #40

We hope to update this Friday afternoon but if we run in to any issues it will need to be delayed until Monday.

:infiltrator: