Dirty Bomb Arm/Gloves Cosmetics

(Splicerrr) #1

A while ago when I crafted some cards and I realized that the skins on the loadout cards don’t appear in game.
For example heres Bushwhacker.

Imgur

We see that bushwhacker has a different skin for his cobalt. His gloves are the same colour as his default card ( I will talk about this later). But his arms are a different colour.

Here is Bushwhacker in game while using the cricket bat.

We see that his arms are still orange, which is the same as the default card. It would be cooler if it was the cobalt one.

BUT, as we all know when we look at enemies, or teammates player models, they show the skin entirely.

So why not include them on the player model when your playing that character?

Now for gloves,it would be cool to see different glove skins while playing. For example with the obsidian operatives the gloves look completely different from the default look of the character. Why not do that for other rarities as well. But with different colors. Like I was mentioning above, Bushwhackers gloves are the same color as his default look. Why not change them to the cobalt one AND show it in game? For Bushwhackers SHARD cobalt, his gloves are black shown here:

But in-game, they are still the default orange ones.

But yeah, that was my question, it would be awesome to see this, because it would make loadout cards look more shiny.

In their latest video they said this will happen in an upcoming update :smiley:

(I posted this here because not many people look in mercenary discussion/suggestions)

(TheStrangerous) #2

But it’s the same dilemma in TF2.

Sniper in third person has one glove, while in first person has 2 gloves…

(Press E) #3

The hand models in first and third person aren’t actually the same. Third person models, or “worldmodels”, are basically lower resolution, less complexly shaped versions, whereas first person models, or “viewmodels”, are higher resolution and more complex. This is because when you have something pushed right up against your face, you need a more detailed model to avoid it appearing blurry or pixelated, but that amount of detail for everything would be useless, since you rarely get close enough to other textures to notice.
That means adding a skin to a merc’s hands would likely require creating a new, high detail texture for each skin. There might also be other technical issues, but I don’t know enough about how DB handles this stuff to say. However judging by the obsidian viewmodels, I doubt it’s really that bad.

Because of that, I always just guessed hand skins were just a low priority placeholder that SD didn’t want to waste time on until they’ve finished other things.

I really hope SD does implement it, they already mentioned they were thinking about melee and ability skins, so this would fit perfectly.

(Ptiloui) #4

@STARRYSOCK said:
Because of that, I always just guessed hand skins were just a low priority placeholder that SD didn’t want to waste time on until they’ve finished other things.

I really hope SD does implement it, they already mentioned they were thinking about melee and ability skins, so this would fit perfectly.

You mean lower priority than the inspect weapon animation ? :smiley: