Dear New Players. (Both an advice and a concealed rant)

(Chilled Sanity) #1

Dear New Players;

As I play more low level matches the more I see people (hopefully) forgetting to finish phoenix’es or people in general.

Phoenix can revive himself so DBNO Phoenix = No Bueno = Mad Teammates = You are probably gonna get kicked

We dont want that now do we.

Now this looks hard to do according to matches I’ve played but when you Down But Not Out someone, Aim at them, press M1, and shoot them or knife them 'till they go grey, so people can stop screaming mortal Kombat quotes at you.

And mercenary called Skyhammer can throw ammo bags when people go ape crazy screaming “Ammo!” in the chat, its because they want ammo not because they are having a P.T.S.D. attack,

Also every medic mercenary can revive. Which really helps your team.
If you consider HAVING +1 PERSON IN YOUR TEAM FUCKING HELPFUL (Ignore the little tantrum here)

Also, If you have more than 200+ Ping you dont belong there go try another region.
Which also means if you are in a US or EU server don’t turn into Dead Sea when you talk; Russian/Portuguese/Turkish/ETC. in chat and no body understands you. They don’t have to understand you or you have to understand them, try quick-chat if shit gets real.

Now go rek dem skrubs boi, go get em.

And for the LOVE OF GOD BE HELPFUL TO YOUR TEAM JESUS CHRI- (Whoops did it again)

Sincerely;
Carbohydrates

(Chilled Sanity) #2

Should’ve lowered the amount of sarcasm perhaps

(Dr_Plantboss) #3

Nah. It was perfect. But if people would take the tutorial, this might not happen.

(Kudrow) #4

Good tips for new players but I think that new players don’t visit forum. They start visiting forum when they understand all those tips. :slight_smile: Those tips should be more highlighted in game to new players.

(GhostEntity) #5

I saw no signs of a concealed rant (spot on though)

(kopyright) #6

Also, listen to your teammates when they warn you about incoming enemies over voice chat. Even if that means that you have to turn your head 90 degrees to the right (gasp). Somebody tried to lecture me about him not listening to voice chat since this wasn’t CS:GO. I didn’t quite understand that particular comparison, but then again he scratched the bottom of the score board so maybe he needs a lecture or two himself before giving any.

Pointing this out in the chat yesterday I got a rather rude reply from Skyhammer’s scrub teammate who said I should just aim more precisely. Explaining that precision wouldn’t give me ammo back apparently shut him off.

(gracefulRevolution) #7

Most Skyhammer’s don’t understand when to drop ammo. That’s a problem because there are only a small amount of ammo giving Mercs. I think if we give the new players actual advice on what to do, they’ll carry it on to other games. But if we choose to scold them, we probably just created douchebag of a player.

(DarenaBryant) #8

I have a touch of a counter rant. Been playing this game for a while, and just reached level 7. …and now high level players are kicking me from missions claiming ‘I’m not moving around enough.’

I play as Proxy, plant mine, cover corners and shoot from cover. But apparently I’m not supposed to stop moving ever, or take cover, despite only having 90 HP.

So my little counter rant is instead of going in on mew players who are still learning then kicking them from the only games they can play in order to actually learn anything, you might… I dunno… explain these things between matches or even during matches.

I’m at the point now of seriously having to consider dropping this game because a@$$ho… I mean ‘other players’… keep kicking me from every mission claiming my camping style isn’t perfect for them.

(SirSilverYT) #9

@Kudrow said:
Good tips for new players but I think that new players don’t visit forum. They start visiting forum when they understand all those tips. :slight_smile: Those tips should be more highlighted in game to new players.

I didn’t even know there was a forum page till yesterday and i started play DirtyBomb first of January XD

(ThamesKatic) #10

Welp, thanks for the tips.

(HardCoreGamer44) #11

good tip’s i think most noob’s there are no help for and most will listen on the spot i mean you got to start somewhere always best to listen to vet player’s thats been here for a min i listen to vets like kandyrew devower and such made me a pretty good player :slight_smile:

(lonkchase) #12

@DarenaBryant said:
I have a touch of a counter rant. Been playing this game for a while, and just reached level 7. …and now high level players are kicking me from missions claiming ‘I’m not moving around enough.’

I play as Proxy, plant mine, cover corners and shoot from cover. But apparently I’m not supposed to stop moving ever, or take cover, despite only having 90 HP.

So my little counter rant is instead of going in on mew players who are still learning then kicking them from the only games they can play in order to actually learn anything, you might… I dunno… explain these things between matches or even during matches.

I’m at the point now of seriously having to consider dropping this game because a@$$ho… I mean ‘other players’… keep kicking me from every mission claiming my camping style isn’t perfect for them.

Well, it is a very fast-paced game and the tutorial literally tells you not to camp and stay on the move… so yeah. If you’re playing this game like Rainbow Six Siege people are probably not going to like you.

(stewert21) #13

proxy, phoenix, arty, kira, sparks and aura are some of the faster merks. A good rule of thumb is to always be moving. using wall jumps to gain speed and knowing the maps will help a lot in case you get in trouble. don’t camp unless you are healing or reviving some one and last but not least, get close for maximum efficiency with the shot guns.