Dead Allied Soldier Models

(kat) #21

Here you go… read this tutorial and it’ll work… I’ve also included a zip file that contains a sample *.map and *.bsp that you can dissect in Radiant and run in game. - http://www.katsbits.com/tutorials/rtcw/trigger-kill-ai-entity-chain.php :slight_smile:

(ronboy) #22

Thanks Kat. I’m busy right now, but later this evening I will test it by following your tutorial. (I’m on a different comp right now, and it doesn’t have gtk radiant installed.) Thanks for the tut. :stroggbanana:

(BackSnip3) #23

I’m back for week-end and I can make it :slight_smile:
If you still want it I would ask you what kind of position would you like?Sitting against wall with detended legs?Dead on a crate or something with arms falling? :stuck_out_tongue:

(ronboy) #24

[QUOTE=BackSnip3;229026]I’m back for week-end and I can make it :slight_smile:
If you still want it I would ask you what kind of position would you like?Sitting against wall with detended legs?Dead on a crate or something with arms falling? :P[/QUOTE]

Glad you’re back. :slight_smile: It doesn’t matter what postition the soldier is in, as long as he is or looks like an allied soldier. Thanks.
EDIT: Oh yeah, the killing an ai via trigger is working, kat. Thanks for the help.

(BackSnip3) #25

I’ve made some tests,but haven’t tried in-game yet:

I’ll give you them when it’ll be finished :slight_smile:

(ronboy) #26

[QUOTE=BackSnip3;229098]I’ve made some tests,but haven’t tried in-game yet:

I’ll give you them when it’ll be finished :)[/QUOTE]

Looking good! :armadillochase:

(BackSnip3) #27

Got 'em ingame!I can make you very specific positions:) if you want more just ask :wink:

Download the first one here
Download the second one here

(ronboy) #28

Thanks, Backsnip. Good job on both of them. :cool:

(ronboy) #29

Sorry for the bump. Backsnip, your dead allied soldier models show up in the editor, but in-game they’re untextured for me. I am mapping for rtcw sp. If you made the two models for W:ET, can you fix them for rtcw sp? Or did I miss something? I put the dead allied soldier models in the models/mapobjects folder. I made a seperate folder called dead soldiers, and put them in it.

(Eugeny) #30

Open model for example in wordpad and look tga, or jpg.

Right at the beginning it is underlined where the model should lie.
And further where structures lie,
Only do not change in wordpad

(ronboy) #31

[QUOTE=Eugeny;231276]Open model for example in wordpad and look tga, or jpg.

Right at the beginning it is underlined where the model should lie.
And further where structures lie,
Only do not change in wordpad

[/QUOTE]

Okay, but how do I give the model it’s texture? It is black and gray, which means it’s untextured. I think the model is for wolfenstein enemy territory, and not rtcw. That’s probably why it’s untextured.

(Eugeny) #32

I have not found a mention of a textures in the first model, and in the second the information was not full. Import in milkshape3d, put a textures and export anew.

I think a texture position on model it is not necessary to change

(ronboy) #33

Shouldn’t the model have a tga file with it or something? When I downloaded it, there was just the md3 file----nothing else. It’s textured in the map editor, but not the game.

(Eugeny) #34

Means in model the absolute way to a texture is specified, and the relative is necessary

(kat) #35

iirc there was a problem when trying to use MP content in SP, it never really worked that well so you often had the problem you’ve got now - mesh appears but minus texture.

You need to make sure that the model is from default WolfMP else you won’t be able to distribute it.

(ronboy) #36

[QUOTE=kat;231294]iirc there was a problem when trying to use MP content in SP, it never really worked that well so you often had the problem you’ve got now - mesh appears but minus texture.

You need to make sure that the model is from default WolfMP else you won’t be able to distribute it.[/QUOTE]

In the above screenshots, they look like they’re from rtcw. But I think they’re from wolfenstein enemy territory.

(kat) #37

You need to make sure you know where they’re from. ET means no distribution with Wolf SP.

(ronboy) #38

I sent a pm to Backsnip.

(BackSnip3) #39

Yes I used the rtcw MP head and body to make my model,but it seems like the pk3 of multiplayer are not loaded for single player, you might correct this by copying the texture in a pk3 for your map :wink:

(ronboy) #40

Thanks Backsnip. It works now, and thanks for the quick reply. :stroggtapir: