DB Love and Hate. Boredom Thread

It’s a Monday afternoon and Mondays suck. This topic is pretty pointless, but intrigues me nonetheless. Let’s list some of our most loved and most hated aspects of DB. Doesn’t have to be anything in particular. Maps, weapons, Mercs, Augments, the community, whatever. Just some good ol’ pro/con or like/dislike shenanigans.

Favorite weapon is the SMG-9. Yep, the underwhelming and overlooked king of boring. Stastically meh, but it’s just one of those ‘feel’ things. She’s a good gun to me.
Most hated weapon is any shotgun. They’re garbage. I’ll sort of give the Anhuld a pass for its fun factor, though. Also not as obnoxious and infuriating to deal with.

Most loved Merc is Nader, which consequently makes me hated by many. :sunglasses:
Most hated Merc is a toss up between Proxy, Rhino, or Vas. I really can’t choose.

Favorite map is Trainyard, I guess. Don’t adamantly love or hate any. It’s a mood sort of thing.
Least favorite, not hated, map is Chapel. Tired of playing it - have been tired of it for over a year now.

Most loved loadout skin is Jackal’s Eve. I love dark orange and gray. The Founder’s Skyhammer will forever remain one of my all-time favorites as well. Humble and Dickens skins were cool too.
I hate Season 4 skins. Sorry, purple doesn’t cut it for me. I thought I’d like some on certain Mercs, but nope.

Most loved aspect of DB as a whole? Movement mechanics, Merc variety, and crude humor.
Most hated aspect of DB? Lack of maps and practically no game mode variety.

(Your worst knifemare.) #2

Most hated things for me?

Proxy and Chapel.

(Press E) #3

Trying to throw a medpack down to someone from on top of the rock at the end of chapel but then this shit happens

(boerhae) #4

This is pretty cool.

Favorite weapon: tie between the K121 and M4. Both are just fantastic. If I absolutely had to pick one, it’s the K121.
Hated weapon: Difficult to say, I think they all have their merits. Again, if I had to pick, I’d say the Grandeur. I have never been able to use it properly, and I wish I could, but it’s a BB gun in my hands.

Favorite merc: Easily Fragger, no contest. I love playing him and I love the grenade. Phoenix and Arty are close seconds, though.
Hated merc: Phantom? I mean, he’s fun, but when it comes down to team play, I think he’s lacking, and he will continue to lack in spite of buffs and nerfs because he’s such an odd merc for this game at his core.

Favorite map: Trainyard :slight_smile: , but I also have a big love for Vault, particularly because of last objective (as well as what they did for Loe, I think that was one of DB’s best moments)
Hated map: I don’t know. I miss old Terminal (but I think I’m the only one), Dome is meh, I think Castle’s last objective is absolutely horrid, and Chapel and Underground do get tiresome, but I really don’t know.

Most loved loadout skin: Tie between Xmas2015 (Dickens) and Containment War (the original one), because they were my first two special edition cards.
Hated loadout: Shell shocked. And also wtf Turtle’s obsidian was supposed to be.

Most loved aspect of DB as a whole: Longjumps and all that awesome movement stuff.
Most hated aspect: Lack of maps. Playing the same thing over and over again can get tiring even for a great game like this.

I Just called the SMG-9 the king of boring and then referred to it as a she. See, Mondays really do suck.

(Muddy Muddy Mud Nade) #6

Gun I Love: The MK46. It’s sooooooo friggin’ fun to use, it’s literally the only reason I ever play Thunder.
Gun I Hate: The FEL-IX. Worst gun in the game. Would never run it over the MOA or Grandeur.
Merc I Love: Fletcher. Ma boi since day one. Also, @_Sniff please return to us.
Merc I Hate: Thunder. I love his gun, but getting spawnflashed actually makes me want to rip my own brainstem out.
Map I Love: Ehhhh, don’t really have a favorite map. Maybe Castle? It’s pretty fun, but the first point on attack is kinda wack.
Map I Hate: Dome Redux. The first point is no fun, for either side. Old Dome was always hectic, but the new one is just kinda… blehhh.
Skin I Love: Containment War. The CW skins were so cool when they came out, and I still love seeing them to this day. I sometimes go back and watch Sniff’s Elite Case vids just to see them.
Skin I Hate: Containment War. Wait, what? Well, let’s just say the Containment War and I had a rough experience. Playing for a week straight warranted a total of one CW card (a pretty meh Sparks card), and a whole lot of tears. So the skins serve as a reminder… to the sins of the past…
Aspect I Love: Fast-paced. Always. No time to sit around, get’cher ass in gear, or get’cher ass off the game.
Aspect I Hate: Spawnflashing. It’s not really a problem with the game itself, but goddammit does it make me so incredibly angry. I’ve legit thrown headphones across rooms because of how much I hate getting spawnflashed.

Amen to that. He’s easily my best engineer, but I honestly feel like a bit of a scumbag when I use him because Nader is in my lineup 99% of the time haha. I try not to be ‘that guy’ who has all explosive Mercs. Doesn’t help that Stoker is my third favorite behind those two… Bush is cool and I’m always trying to get better with him, but Fletch is the boss engineer hands down.

(Meetrock) #8

People who think killing is everything the should do in the game. That’s what I hate the most about DB.

(henki000) #9

Favorite weapon: M4A1
It’s strong and consistent. I dont usually play with mercs that have this weapon, but it’s always fun.

Most hated weapon: Hoigat .224
I haven’t find right way to use this pistol. I think it’s not esthetically good looking and it should be burst or full automatic.

Most loved merc: Proxy
She is like front cover of this game. Everyone loves her (apart her shotgun loadouts). Fast and defencive merc.

Most hated merc: Tie between Thunder and Rhino
I dont really hate these mercs, but I think they dont fit into Dirty Bomb. They are too tankish, slow and synergy oriented. I want everything to be fast and punishing, they dont really fit to this category.

Favorite map: Dockyard
I feel that it’s balanced and well premeditated. I like those side routes.

Least favorite (not hated) map: Bridge
I still think first objective is too good for defencive side. You just camp in your positions and wait enemy, there is too many spots to heal and regroup.

Most loved loadout skin: Bronze
Most hated loadout skin: Rogue en vogue

Most loved aspect of DB: Fast paced shooter that is easy to jump in.
Most hated aspect: Grinding and no end game content other than different skins.

(Your worst knifemare.) #10

Best map: Dockyard
Despite Arty spam being a thing and Guardys changes which make her less useful against it, it’s a beautiful map which also has multiple flank points and close range fights so snipers aren’t always having a major advantage compared to other EV maps.

Worst map: Chapel (again)
It’s a wide open space which is heavily defender sided, especially snipers and fire-supports can completely stop the EV from moving from the same spot for most of the game.

Best Merc: Sparps
Quick, Medic, ranged revives/damage, bae, good melee loadouts.

Worst Merc: Proxy
Hochfir, Suicide mines, given every unique skin possible, can punish teamates on non-ff servers.

Best weapon: Hurtzal
It has accuracy close to an SMG and damage nearing other rifles.

Worst weapon: Any sniper (excluding granduer since that’s more similar to driess.)
Can one-shot most mercs across the map.

Best melee: Batons
Zappy, and heavy swings do high damage.

Worst melee: Ulus
Too short of range to be effective enough.

Best skin: Dickens
If anyone has a chopper Sparps for it trade me.

Worst skin: Turtle Obsidian

(Muddy Muddy Mud Nade) #11

?

(Jigstraw) #12

I’d have to say my favorite weapon is the timik, and my most hated weapon is the PDP.

Favorite merc is skyhammer, most hated merc is thunder.

Favorite map is bridge, least favorite map is castle.

for loadout skins i think my favorite is ghost clip, least favorite probably being shellshock

Best thing about the game overall is definitely the gunplay and movement, everything else tacked on takes away from those sadly :frowning:

worst thing about the game overall? too many one-hit-kills.

(Your worst knifemare.) #13

Yea that.

(Mr.Cuddlesworth) #14

Favourite weapon is Desert Eagle.
Hate the Stark, before and after nerfs.
Favourite merc is a tie between Proxy and Nader.
Least favourite is Fletcher. I’m bad with him.
Favourite map is Castle.
Hate trainyard especially first objective.
Favourite loadout card is Ghostclip but the Logitech weapons skins are best.
Least favourite loadouts are the twitch skins, an uglier version of the ranked season 4 cards.

I like the fast pacing with cool abilities without the cartoonish look of Overwatch.