Custom Map Showdown, Nirvana vs TAW

(murka) #21

Only if you stop killstealing!

(.Chris.) #22

Guess TAW aren’t interested or?

(taw_m0nsta) #23

I’m afraid not Chriss… maybe there is between a season, but for the next 6 weeks we need all the for attendance for our own battles.

(.Chris.) #24

We gave you over a months notice, showcasing custom maps on such an event could have boosted the move away from ranked servers.

The closed nature of TAW is puzzling at times.

(Ashog) #25

Come on TAW! If no desire to play like that, let’s play mixed with each other, like in my vid on Maridia (see sig) - that was fun too!

Plus I need pw for TAW custom server :slight_smile:

(Runeforce) #26

Actually, I am not aware why we did not play. I will bring it up on our weekly meeting.

(Ashog) #27

Lol, you just sounded exactly like my boss :slight_smile:

still need pw

(.Chris.) #28

I’ve changed the Setup so it will be two mix teams which will be picked once all sign ups have been made to make nice even teams.

I’ve gone ahead and picked 2 of the main maps, Radar and Canal, at 8v8 these should be quite nice, suggestions for the warmup map and the final main map are open for discussion.

The match will now be ET:QW Pro and I’ve put down 23rd as proposed date:

Custom Map Showdown

Format

Mode: Stopwatch (ABBA)
Mod: ET:QW Pro
Team size: 8 versus 8

Nirvana normal config will be used.

Maps

Warmup: TBA

Map 1: Canal
Map 2: Radar
Map 3: TBA

These are open for discussion, it be nice to see what people would want to play and we will make a selection based off that. We will say for now that we will play 3 maps plus a warmup map but if there is enough interest we may extend this and allow players to drop in and out of rounds.

When and Where

Sunday 23rd October, 19:00 GMT

Server: TBA

Prizes

A pair of geordie jeans and a geordie jumper will be awarded to the winning team.

Geordie Jumpers

Player Pool

Chris / Scrupus / YumYum / Matsy / Murka / Timestart / Vert / Thomas / Tanzverbot / you?

Additional Comments

Although there are fabulous prizes on offer this is purely for fun and to celebrate custom maps in ET:QW and as such isn’t to be taken super seriously.

I’m open for any suggestions so don’t hesitate to put ideas forward.

(Dthy) #29

I could play if i don’t get lags.

(Ashog) #30

My suggestion for warmup and final maps:

Definitely CommLink and Andes correspondingly.

Andes 1) deserves it 2) everyone likes it 3) haven’t been getting attention lately 4) is optimal in 8x8

(Runeforce) #31

The reason we did not play was an internal mistake. I presented this to the staff (again), and we are definitely interested (as we were last time.)

Wackocat at taw dot net is the man to talk to. Feel free to contact him with this, if he has not contacted you already.

(taw_m0nsta) #32

I might be able to join, but able to shoot is a different story. I guess running ETQW on OSX > Parallels > WinXP > Steam is probebly gonna suck more then playing an unplayable map (andes) in ProMod on OSX. I suggest Radar, Glory of the Weak, Brikstar or Estate instead.

(Ashog) #33

Andes unplayable map?? U mad?

(Runeforce) #34

Taking the forward spawn on Andes crashes his Mac.

(taw_m0nsta) #35

There was a time I was able to play it, liked every small detail of it. But I guess when an update fallowed (like a year ago) it kept me crashing till today. (promod as well qwta) I’m gonna give it another try tonight to catch the issue. Is there a way of start loggin the error before the error comes and automatically quites the game?

(Donnovan) #36

This crash happens on the GDF forward spawn or Strogg forward spawn?

Above is the question, but if you also know, in what version it started to crash?

(Apples) #37

What’s the point in owning a MAC anyway :smiley:

(taw_m0nsta) #38

It doesn’t crash my Mac, it crashes my game.

Oh there are tons of reasons, but lets not go there…

(Donnovan) #39

m0nsta,

Its crashs when you capture de GDF or the Strogg forward spawn?

(taw_m0nsta) #40

No, when playing strogg and I am close to the forward spawn (can run around it) and can see GDF bots standing on the building the game kicks me out. Please continue this issue in this topic. http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/showthread.php/28539-Oooh-dear.-ETQWOSX-issues.