CRASH: Game crashes on "joining session" in any multiplayer situation

(darthmaul789) #1

Hey all. I’ve been tearing up these forums for a solution, and was unable to find one for my particular problem. Whenever I try Freeplay>Public Game>Start Match, the “joining session” screen pops up for a few seconds, and then the game crashes and I have to shut down and turn it back on. The same thing happens if I try to play campaign online. Has anyone run into this problem? If you have is there a solution that worked for you? Thanks in advance.

(uduvicio) #2

There’s a topic up that, some of us solved changing our ps3 lenguage to english, if you’ve english try to change to another lenguage… not italian or german that are the more buggy!

(darthmaul789) #3

Well I was already on English, so I figured I would change the language because I’m desperate. Unfortunately it didn’t work. I really hope a patch or a fix for this comes out soon.:mad:

(Crispy) #4

Can you confirm your NAT type? (this is usually defined by your router)

(darthmaul789) #5

Alright I checked my NAT type in the PS3 settings menu, and it said NAT Type 2. If that isn’t what you needed Crispy, please let me know. Thanks for your help!

(darthmaul789) #6

Oh, and there is one additional problem. When I look at my “players met” screen, it shows that I have met about 20 people, and yet I haven’t played online. Does anyone know why this happens? I’m sorry I didn’t put this in the first post, it slipped my mind.

(uduvicio) #7

It probably join matches but freeze when trying to enter the game… some people even solve by deleting and reinstalling the patch (the file you find where you usually intall games) by the way it looks the same problem we had but our was due the lenguage… i saw many other people on beth forum with that kind of unplayable freezing.

I hope they solve your problem soon. Meanwile try to do the patch thing.

( and you can even try some other random lenguage to see if it plays… it looks like french works)

(darthmaul789) #8

[QUOTE=uduvicio;345094]It probably join matches but freeze when trying to enter the game… some people even solve by deleting and reinstalling the patch (the file you find where you usually intall games) by the way it looks the same problem we had but our was due the lenguage… i saw many other people on beth forum with that kind of unplayable freezing.

I hope they solve your problem soon. Meanwile try to do the patch thing.

( and you can even try some other random lenguage to see if it plays… it looks like french works)[/QUOTE]

I tried both of these, and no luck. I love this game, but I’m not sure it’s worth it. Any word of new patches to fix this anyone?

(AceCarnage) #9

I have another solution for you all to try.

My stepson was having problems playing this game, too. When selecting to play the Campaign, whether it was with Friends & Invite, or with Everybody the whole PlayStation 3 system would hard freeze, requiring a reboot.

Here’s what I did to solve it: I allowed voice chat for his sub account.

That’s it. And it’s worked like a charm.

When we got the PS3 a few years back, we set him up with a sub account without the ability to use voice chat. While testing it out this freeze issue in Brink using other accounts on my system (some regular and some sub accounts) I realized there was a common thread amongst the users that didn’t have the freeze at the loading session screen: none of them had voice restriction.

As soon as i went into my master account, and enabled my stepson to be able to chat, the game immediately went to the loading screen, and we were able to join in a game.

So, if you’re using a sub account without the ability to chat, talk with your parents and see if they are willing to remove the restriction long enough for you to test this out.

Hopefully, Splash Damage can patch this up, as the fix circumvents the parental controls on a sub account.

(Crispy) #10

Ace, that’s good info but I’ve not been able to reproduce this so far. In which country did you create the Master & Sub Accounts and in which country did you purchase Brink?

(darthmaul789) #11

Ace, thank you SO MUCH! I allowed the chat on my system, tried the freeplay out, and it works like a charm! Finally i get to fully enjoy this game…I really appreciate everyone’s help! YES!

(Crispy) #12

Can anyone who has fixed this tell me the following:

• In which country did you create the Master & Sub Accounts?
  • In which country did you purchase Brink?

(Crispy) #13

We have reproduced this issue. It occurs only on PSN sub accounts created in specific regions and only with specific settings. We are looking to fix this in a future update but in the meantime a workaround, should you wish to use it, is to not restrict VOIP for your sub account.

(darthmaul789) #14

Hey everyone. Brink has been working brilliantly, and the online experience has been great for me. However, with the new patch, I have run into another problem. I can still make it past the “joining session” window, but as soon as I “press any button to continue” and the “Waiting for Host…” message pops up, the game crashes. Do I need to disallow chat again to make this work? Something I’ve done wrong with my settings? Please, any help would be appreciated.

(uduvicio) #15

I add,
Italian version still freeze every time you start it up or try to play… i still have to play in french even after the patch… i think the problem is the same even with other lenguage versions… so can you fix it or it will be like this forever?

(Crispy) #16

[QUOTE=uduvicio;363214]I add,
Italian version still freeze every time you start it up or try to play… i still have to play in french even after the patch… i think the problem is the same even with other lenguage versions… so can you fix it or it will be like this forever?[/QUOTE]If you are playing on PlayStation 3, please try the following:

[ol]
[li]On the XMB, delete the Game Data for BRINK (do not delete your Save Data)
[/li][li]On the XMB, set your language to Italian
[/li][li]Ensure your PS3 has an internet connection
[/li][li]Start BRINK
[/li][li]Allow the download to complete (note: this will take some time as the DLC will also be downloaded automatically during this free period)
[/li][li]Log into an existing character
[/li][/ol]

Let me know if that solves the issue.

(darthmaul789) #17

[QUOTE=Crispy;363851]If you are playing on PlayStation 3, please try the following:

[ol]
[li]On the XMB, delete the Game Data for BRINK (do not delete your Save Data)
[/li][li]On the XMB, set your language to Italian
[/li][li]Ensure your PS3 has an internet connection
[/li][li]Start BRINK
[/li][li]Allow the download to complete (note: this will take some time as the DLC will also be downloaded automatically during this free period)
[/li][li]Log into an existing character
[/li][/ol]

Let me know if that solves the issue.[/QUOTE]

Well udvicio, I hope that you get YOUR problem fixed from what Crispy here gave you. I know for a fact that my freezing problem isn’t based on the language. Before it was the VOIP, and I got that fixed. But after the patch, the game is freezing on the screen directly after “joining session”, and I have no clue what the problem is now. If anyone needs any additional information concerning the crash, I’d be happy to provide.

(darthmaul789) #18

New development! I downloaded the Agents of Change DLC today, and everything seems to be working again. Was the patch designed specifically for the DLC? Its very interesting. Udvicio, have you tried to download the DLC?

(Crispy) #19

Glad to hear your issue is sorted. Thanks for letting us know. :slight_smile:

(AxelDarkX) #20

Hello, I bought the PS3 version of Brink.
As soon as I inserted the disc has asked me to update to version 1.04.
The problem is that when they are connected to the game on PSN makes me lock the console and I have to restart it by force.
The freeze happens during cut-scenes and during all the navigation menu … Or happens when I open for private missions and start the game.
I bought the DLC “Agents of Change” into thinking that there were 500MB of fixes … but the game has freezed immediately after startup,
This problem is not unknown to you and wanted to know if there is a future patch that fixes the problem …
The Italian version is that I freeze and play without putting the system language in English or Spanish … and the game becomes respectively the French and Spanish …the problem is that I have a lot of difficulty playing with these languages ​​… .
I wanted to know if Splash Damage has talked about this problem and wants to solve it …
Thanks for your attention