Couldn't load maps ... .bsp

(KENNITHH) #1

Hi there

Two days ago I started working on my map again but ran in some trouble.
While loading the map, at the end of the load I see BSP Instances (don’t have any)
and then the loading shuts down and I get the error “Couldn’t load maps/epot roof.bsp”

Now the funny thing is “epot roof” comes from “Depot roof” which is set in a target_location (this will say on what location you are on teamchat like “KENNITHH (Depot Roof): I’m here”

So I searched for missing " in the *.map files but couldn’t find any or I missed one…

It’s really confusing me if someone could help me out, I would apreciate it a lot !

Greetz

(Darth Arth) #2

Hi,

few more infos would be fine :wink:

Which game ?,
what is the name of your bsp-file ?,
how did you compile the map ?
Multiplayer or singleplayer mode (if exists) ?
did you create a pk3-file ?
What is the name of your game-path ?
Which editor are you using ?
etc…

(KENNITHH) #3

It’s a map for Soldier of Fortune II - Double Helix, but the map is mp_fueldump from Wolfenstein Enemy Territory and I compiled it like I usually do. For multiplayer too and yes I’ve created a pk3 and I’m using GTK Radiant 1.4 lol

But anyways , I just used an earlier version of the map and it worked just fine, had to change some things though to have it exactly the same.

But I do think it was a bug with the target_location or func_wall but thanks anyway for the effort Darth Arth !

The map is almost finished.

Greetings