Content File Locked and other problems

(SirOrionDrake) #1

Hey guys. It is a long post, 'cause I’m trying to sum it all up, so please, bear with me:

A few days ago, I was playing DB, when it crashed and I got a BSoD. Rebooted my PC, and all of a sudden, DB was uninstalled from my HD. I redownloaded it, and was able to play it.

Earlier today I played for a few rounds and left the game. Some hours later I came to log in again, and I was graced with this message

" [EasyAntiCheat] INTEGRITY VIOLATION Game will now shut down. }(ShooterGame\CookedPC\Gameplay\sgvaras_sf.upk) "

I decided to verifry the game cache, and it said it had 319+ files to be reacquired. It started downloading, and after a few hours, nothing changed, and I realized that Steam had frozen. Restarted my PC again, and decided to uninstall and reinstall DB. It did uninstall - at least DB’s name on my Steam library was grey - and then when I clicked to reinstall it, the message “Content File Locked”.

I turned my PC off, waited few moments, and gave it another shot. This time I was greeted by this message

“An error occurred while updating Dirty Bomb (content file locked): F:\myusername\folder\steamapps\commom\Dirty Bomb\EasyAntiCheat\Licences\Apache-2.0.txt”

I went to that folder and it said the Licences subfolder was corrupted and unreadable.

Now, the game appered to be downloading just fine, and then the content file locked message showed up.

So, what to do?
Am I to uninstall my Steam ?

This sounds like you might have a problem with your filesystem. You may want to run a CHKDSK.

If that doesn’t work out, hit up our Support.

(SirOrionDrake) #3

Thanks for replying that fast! ^^

I’ll do it right away.

(SirOrionDrake) #4

@Maisy Yup, it was indeed a filesystem problem.

Running chkdsk solved it. There were other problems I had been having too, and I think that they’d be solved too, by now.

Thanks a lot!