Compiling and running a mod under Windows

(hellreturn) #21

+1 and tbh .so should work with old glibs. I don’t like to compile it on old slackware. :frowning:

If you try to compile it on ubuntu you will need new glib on server.

(Paul) #22

Sorry boys, I’m currently very busy on some websites.
I will update my tutorial later :frowning:

(turkishteamsilas) #23

hello any world
thank you SCARY/paul same file this is necessary mp40/thomson does not

this serious step --on Windows I have coplie MOD
after I made on linux if I can I put video on this page

merci/thankyou

(system) #24

Still waiting you explain to make a .so on windows mr. i talkmuch :wink:

(xenier) #25

[QUOTE=Paul;195241]
Open src/wolf-vs2k8.sln and do the Build step again.
Now goto the folder /Debug of /Release (Depending on what kind of build you made.
And voila - There are the .dll’s again!
Don’t forget to also include the etpub pk3 (client) and replace your dlls by them, else you have much missing files :)[/QUOTE]

Include the etpub.pk3 (client) in what? Replace my dlls with these in etpub.pk3? A bit confusing/unclear.

(UJERebel) #26

Hey! Thanks for the great tutorial, and (VERY) vast vid ^^

After i figured out that the dll + the pk3 with dll’s needed to be in the mod folder, the question why came to me :stuck_out_tongue: Why exactly do you need to have the dll’s in your mod folder, AND the same dll’s in a pk3??:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks!!!

(Shownie) #27

Would be great if you could explain little bit more exact how to add Thompson and MP40 to both teams.
The way you have showed us doesn’t really work.

I can choose MP40 as Allied and Thompson as Axis, but the fact is that I will still spawn with a Thompson as Allied and MP40 as Axis.

The text says I will spawn with The weapon I choose, but yeah :confused:

Help would be great here (:

(zstarsales04) #28

Hello, everybody, I am new here. Here is something might be helpful for you.www.zstar.hk www.edgei-ds.cn (many movies to download)www.tigersupermall.com

(eQuilibrium) #29

[QUOTE=Shownie;227391]Would be great if you could explain little bit more exact how to add Thompson and MP40 to both teams.
The way you have showed us doesn’t really work.

I can choose MP40 as Allied and Thompson as Axis, but the fact is that I will still spawn with a Thompson as Allied and MP40 as Axis.

The text says I will spawn with The weapon I choose, but yeah :confused:

Help would be great here (:[/QUOTE]

Bump - having the exact same problem, screenshot links are dead.

(Smurfer) #30

In g_client.c you also have to add the weapons to _SetEngineerSpawnWeapons (etc) around line 1300.

(eQuilibrium) #31

Ahhhh, thanks so much! Was getting sort of frustrating :slight_smile:

(Shownie) #32

Lol, now the answer is here, took over a year…

(Smurfer) #33

I figured you had solved it :smiley:

(Shownie) #34

Well not really. I gave up.

(twt_thunder) #35

could someone show us how to add several weapons to a class?

(Scennative) #36

no.

but you can look in chaos mod.
(its based on etpub, also copy/paste would be easy)

(Smurfer) #37

For Landmines, satchels, dynamite, medpacks, etc, go to G_AddClassSpecificTools in g_client.c (around line 1055 in etpub).
Edit: You can add primary weapons here, too. If you add a panzer to the medic then he will have his smg and a panzerfaust (and they will both be in weaponbank 3). Take a look at the script and see how some weapons are added on conditions, as skill level rewards - it’s not so difficult to f. ex. make an enabling/disabling cvar instead.

For limbo-weapons just repeat the above process for other weapons.

(Shownie) #38

[QUOTE=Bastard;373132]For Landmines, satchels, dynamite, medpacks, etc, gå til G_AddClassSpecificTools i g_client.c (ca. linje 1055 i etpub).
Edit: You can add primary weapons here, too. If you add a panzer to the medic then he will have his smg and a panzerfaust (and they will both be in weaponbank 3). Take a look at the script and see how some weapons are added on conditions, as skill level rewards - it’s not so difficult to f. ex. make an enabling/disabling cvar instead.

For limbo-weapons just repeat the above process for other weapons.[/QUOTE]

You are not by any chance from sweden? :rolleyes:

(Smurfer) #39

Potato-land. :penguin: I was out of potatoes when I wrote that.

(Shownie) #40

I don’t understand the answer… but nevermind, you seam all to fuzzy :wink: