Competitive match feedback

(Rex) #21

Nah, don’t worry. I think we just talked past each other. :wink:

I agree that it’s necessary for the current DB maps. Which isn’t a good sign at all. Do I have to remind you of Brink where the leagues had to change the sw system to prevent countless draws? :mad:
The problem is the game itself, not the old proven system.

(pulley) #22

The new Class-System worked quiet nice.

Problems:

• Engi feels useless. Turrets, Mines or Stickies cant replace a person playing Medic… The same with the Sniper…
  • Bomb Plant and defuse is to easy atm. Especially the defusing. On Waterloo its a never ending Story.

Maps:
London Bridge Feels a lot better atm. But still a bad map
Chapel feels nice playing it public but its totally wrong for competition. Lowering the EV fells so spami. In the church you cant really build up a Defence. Maybe you just need to block the Side-Alley
Camden is the best map atm. But removing the wagon at the fist objective was a bad Idea. Its again far to easy to defend.
Waterloo was ok. But with the new class system its bad to play.

(Jonny_Hex) #23

[QUOTE=slanir;463843]I like the system as it is now. But giving the players an option to continue playing even if the game per se is lost would be nice when you are just practicing. :slight_smile:

if all players agree to continue playing after a vote for example[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Game needs a Mercy Rule server setting or Surrender Vote in-game. Or both.

(scre4m.) #24

oh yes!
best idea since removing classes.

whatever you do in objective mode, do NOT implement a surrrender mode in stopwatch. This is just doesn’t fit stopwatch mode.

(Anti) #25

[QUOTE=scre4m.;464009]oh yes!
best idea since removing classes.

whatever you do in objective mode, do NOT implement a surrrender mode in stopwatch. This is just doesn’t fit stopwatch mode.[/QUOTE]

So if a team has a 5 min time to beat, and they don’t beat it, they should still have to suffer playing through the other 15 mins?

(Jonny_Hex) #26

I was going to say that, but this is better…

(Kordin) #27

If a team has to beat a time of 5 min and cant do it the match is over anyway. Thats the sense of stopwatch, right? You have to beat the time that the 1st team set…

(DarkangelUK) #28

Was gonna say, shouldn’t the game be ending at the 5min mark anyway?

(Volcano) #29

team 1 sets 5minutes
team 2 can’t beat the map in 5minutes. they lose
the game should not continue after the set time

[QUOTE=Jonny_Hex;464022]

[/QUOTE]

(Humate) #30

From my understanding the mercy rule, or vote system is in place for a modified version of stopwatch thats likely to be used in matchmaking.

(INF3RN0) #31

Yea this is already true so not really sure what he meant.

As for determining tie breakers when both teams will probably double full hold a map, I have yet to hear how traditional SW solves that. Setting a fast time on the current maps is too hard when teams are even, so maybe we need more offensive bias via shorter offensive spawn times on most of the current maps? D already has 25s spawns, so perhaps just implementing non-negotiable spawn waves would do most of the work by itself.

(Kordin) #32

[QUOTE=INF3RN0;464065]Yea this is already true so not really sure what he meant.

As for determining tie breakers when both teams will probably double full hold a map, I have yet to hear how traditional SW solves that.[/QUOTE]

Coin Flip would be a great idea! :wink:

So we are back again at the major problem with the current DB alpah: bad maps and fail spawn system. I am wondering how many more compromises we have to accept to compensate these issues…

(Rex) #33

Yep, didn’t make much sense to me what Anti. And why would we need a surrender vote in sw mode? :confused: Who would not try his luck? I mean if you have no motivation at all, than you don’t attend to the match anyway.
Instead of surrender vote just switch the map. Should do they same.

[QUOTE=INF3RN0;464065]
As for determining tie breakers when both teams will probably double full hold a map, I have yet to hear how traditional SW solves that.[/QUOTE]

How it always got determined in the past: Playing a second map. Double fullholds are highly unlikely anyway on balanced maps. Only then, after the second map the objective rating starts.

(scre4m.) #34

I haven’t posted any offensive post or flamed anybody hard in this forum, although seanza is here (hi!).
And I wont do it now either, although I am MAD right now.

But I have no idea what to answer to this actually. If a dev doesn’t even know what stopwatch is, something is going completly wrong. I strongly hope you misread something. I really hope…

Oh my god…
all hope lost.

(fzl) #35

Competition atm is not funny…for me is this unplayable…sorry SD, Great Game…but not atm…

(Rex) #36

You have to be more specific if you voice your feedback.

(pulley) #37

rex he is specific he means the hole game… There is nothing good about it XD

(fzl) #38

i really dont like to made another “whining” comment about the Gameplay atm…anyone see this in the draft games…

my hope is that SD read some of this posts and think about it…

(Jonny_Hex) #39

[QUOTE=slanir;463843]But giving the players an option to continue playing even if the game per se is lost would be nice when you are just practicing. :slight_smile:

if all players agree to continue playing after a vote for example[/QUOTE]

I was agreeing with this…not sure why it’s all kicked-off in here.

:S

(INF3RN0) #40

Your playing a game in development… ofc it’s going to be broken most of the time- especially in comp play. If you don’t want to deal with it then leave detailed feedback on what needs to be improved currently and wait for the next patch. Our purpose isn’t to be enjoying weekly drafts.