coming back to Brink

(ivor1977) #1

Yesterday I decided to try Brink again for first time in about 7 months. Straight away I remembered how much I love this game. Problem is, the folks I used to play with are playing other stuff now and I was left to fend for myself. Also, coz I had ylod since my last play I lost save data so im back to lvl 0. Im just popping by to see how strong the community is these days, and whether there are any teams recruiting.
Add ivor1977

(ivor1977) #2

PS3 - ivor1977

(slickback) #3

Just picked up the game today and no one is playing it. Pitty really, the game is not as bad as the reviews say it is. I have been playing the game now for an hour and have enjoyed the experience.

(digitalzero) #4

There is a Brink night tonight for PS3 starting at 10pm EST. You may be able to find the group playing if the room is not full.
Sorry, I don’t have more info and my PS3 is packed for a move. Good luck. I’ll try to get more info for the next one.

(Christophicus) #5

Had some GGs with Geggis and Noz on PC last night. We had some pretty sweet teamplay going on. Good work guys!

(geggis) #6

Weird, I usually poke my head in here just to see what everybody’s currently moaning about but the last thing I expected was my name to crop up. Thanks for the friend invite Chris, they were terrific games even if there was only a few of us. The BAGU server was full last night so I decided to try one of the quieter ones, glad I did!

The last two times I’ve been on the BAGU server (on two entirely different days) I’ve been on Security Tower as the Resistance and our team just couldn’t get out of the stalls. There was just such a huge skill difference overall that sticking with the game was too painful (and I’m usually happy to be outgunned by some degree). The best games are usually the closest, when progress is hard won but far from impossible. When a team is absolutely trashing the other I personally think it’s time to switch them around for everyone’s sake – hollow victories and sore losses just aren’t fun.

I never understand people saying ‘the community’s dead, nobody plays it anymore’ (on PC at least). I’ve been playing the game on and off since release and there’s nearly always been a couple of busy servers. It doesn’t matter if 21,347 people are playing, you can only ever play with 15 others at any given time anyway and in that regard there’s always a good group to play with whether it’s on QUBE, BAGU, Furious Gaming etc. The community’s pretty solid now, even if it’s small, so you tend to get some rapport going with familiar faces and a greater sense of camaraderie than you’d get on pubs on more popular games. That’s the brighter side of all this.

(wolfnemesis75) #7

Our group plays Brink now and again. Check it out. http://www.rifgamers.com/index.php
We also check here often to see what’s going on. :slight_smile:

(Jim_di_Griz) #8

Like the OP I came back to Brink this week after various absences; and have been playing each day since.

I have played against a few random players previously, though not like the more organised co-op matches of last year and so I’m interested in any potential EU PS3 actions being planned.

I did get someone watching and another joining in a versus match I was playing - I meant to check afterwards and say hi. It was the Sec mission to stop the missile though, and winning it as an Operative pretty much fried me, so I forgot - great buzz getting that one again.

There was also mention in another thread about a PS3 thread? I can’t seem to find it - any hints as to where it could be found please.

(TheRedJokester) #9

Go to newwavegaming.net We announce BGM’s (Brink Game Nights) here and there every so often for PS3, mostly on mondays. I play this game regularly, more than BF3. I’ll be waiting in the Ark for new players.

(Jim_di_Griz) #10

Thanks Red Jokester - I will swing by later.