Combating the toxic

(Guziol) #21

If you could get punished for being an asshole and posting shit in chat i would have been banned long time ago. I’m a horrible human being filled with hate.

(Mc1412013) #22

Just ignore the toxic idiots. There not worth the agravation. I want to enjoy the game. I just mute the idiot and ignore chat

(Press E) #23

@bontsa said:

@STARRYSOCK said:
I mean, as far as I know DB doesn’t keep record of chats. And even if they did, there’s a lot of cancerous behavior that happens outside of chat too. Player targeting, especially with spawn camping and spawn fragging, unfriendly teabagging, etc.

Ok ok now hang on a minute there.

Please don’t tell me anyone here actually reports people of spawncamping alone???

Like sure it can get annoying, but it’s legitimate strategy in DB, managin keeping Attackers in spawn for whatever timespawn means they aren’t doing the Objective, stopping which is exactly the Defenders entire purpose for crying out loud

Theres someone excessively trashtalking (remember that “ez game ez life” 2/40 Vassili getting carried by his actually useful teammates? Yea, that freaking kid exactly) and insulting the opposition while spawncamping? Sure blaze ahead but for heavens sake its not the sake of spawncamp you’re then reporting them off, but the powertrip they get intoxicated with and start being pieces of utter sh1te of human verbal and mental waste.

Teabagging??? Don’t even get me started on that one, rant over.

No, I’m talking about player targeting. A frag in a spawn is an asshole move imo, but not something you should be banned for, sorry if I worded that poorly.
I’ve seen higher level players specifically go out of their way to harass and stalk specific low level players before, some of them who even try to follow them between servers. I had a friend who was targeted this way recently, almost made them quit DB altogether.

It’s not target prioritizing like @GatoCommodore said, it’s attempting to bully one specific player just because you don’t like them.

(K1X455) #24

@STARRYSOCK said:
I’ve seen higher level players specifically go out of their way to harass and stalk specific low level players before, some of them who even try to follow them between servers. I had a friend who was targeted this way recently, almost made them quit DB altogether.

It’s not target prioritizing like @GatoCommodore said, it’s attempting to bully one specific player just because you don’t like them.

There was a known hack in STEAM games about that kind of thing but I think STEAM has plugged it up.

(Eox) #25

@STARRYSOCK said:

@bontsa said:

@STARRYSOCK said:
I mean, as far as I know DB doesn’t keep record of chats. And even if they did, there’s a lot of cancerous behavior that happens outside of chat too. Player targeting, especially with spawn camping and spawn fragging, unfriendly teabagging, etc.

Ok ok now hang on a minute there.

Please don’t tell me anyone here actually reports people of spawncamping alone???

Like sure it can get annoying, but it’s legitimate strategy in DB, managin keeping Attackers in spawn for whatever timespawn means they aren’t doing the Objective, stopping which is exactly the Defenders entire purpose for crying out loud

Theres someone excessively trashtalking (remember that “ez game ez life” 2/40 Vassili getting carried by his actually useful teammates? Yea, that freaking kid exactly) and insulting the opposition while spawncamping? Sure blaze ahead but for heavens sake its not the sake of spawncamp you’re then reporting them off, but the powertrip they get intoxicated with and start being pieces of utter sh1te of human verbal and mental waste.

Teabagging??? Don’t even get me started on that one, rant over.

No, I’m talking about player targeting. A frag in a spawn is an @$!# move imo, but not something you should be banned for, sorry if I worded that poorly.

It’ll be hard to prove harassment when they’re solely made of in game actions. And to be honest I have no clue how you can reliably stalk you on every single servers, especially when you play CMM. But harassment feels indeed like a report motive to me. If he trashtalks the user as well, reporting him won’t be an issue, but without that, you might have to make a video through multiple matches or something.

(Eox) #26

@Mc1412013 said:
Just ignore the toxic idiots. There not worth the agravation. I want to enjoy the game. I just mute the idiot and ignore chat

Purely ignoring the toxic players ins’t a solution. We can’t let those people in for the sake of preserving the quality of your matches (or at least what can be saved) and making sure that your community doesn’t end up like the clusterfucks that are Overwatch’s community or League of Legends’ community. Heck, if you don’t do it for yourself, at least do it so other players don’t have to deal with the guy.

Not responding is a no brainer, but if the player is especially toxic (excessively insulting his own team or the enemies, trolling, throwing the game…) you better report silently the dude. Or at the very least suggest a vote kick if he’s in your own team. When it doesn’t work, it sometimes calm down a few of them.

I just wish votekicks were anonymous. Because in their current stats they aren’t really anonymous. Your name in thrown in the chat after a vote is emitted as far as I know.

(bontsa) #27

@STARRYSOCK said:

Well that sounds more like it oight. Report away, I’m just really vary of people misunderstanding games mechanics. Too many special snowflakes and overly sensitive players around nowadays.

(Teflon Love) #28

@Eox said:
As far as I know, they do keep track of chat.

So why don’t the use them to find and warn/ban the people who regularly use “gg ez”, racist slurs and what else SD deems inappropriate?

(henki000) #29

I’m sad so say this, but my finger points to innocent childrens. Racist, misogynist and homophobic people usually doesn’t concider themselves haters. They need to live or know someone before they understand their absurdity. Atleast it’s better than doing it in public or beat someone in school. This is the result of present popular music and pamper culture. It makes me sick to look at Justin Bieber spitting to crowd. Look at the plastic surgery and standard of beauty. This world is spoiled.

(bgyoshi) #30

Keep reporting and pray SD actually gives a shit about it one day.

(Nail) #31

the characters in game use what could be considered foul language, the game is rated 17+, mute the offending player and try be less of a victim. Report racist language when you can

(Eox) #32

@teflonlove said:

@Eox said:
As far as I know, they do keep track of chat.

So why don’t the use them to find and warn/ban the people who regularly use “gg ez”, racist slurs and what else SD deems inappropriate?

Because you have to report the user ?

If there’s no complaints, you can assume there’s no reason to ban. They won’t actively seek daily for people sluring in the tchat in every single servers. That would be too much work.

Also, it might be obnoxious, but “gg ez” isn’t really a bannable offense.

(n-x) #33

It’s the internet. It’s an online game. It has always been like that. In the past, racial slurs were the big thing, then homophobic and now the latest add on is misogynistic. Whats going to be next? Offense is taken, not given. If some swear words are hurting your tender ears, grow up.

We are all adults here.

They just need to add the possibility to mute the chat of specific players and everything is fine.

Those goddamn white males expanding their powers of oppression through the anonymity of the Internet now too! In the oppression olympics, everyone gets a trophy!

(DonKBawlz) #35

quit being a homo

(Nail) #36

@DonKBawlz said:
quit being a homo

quit being an ignorant pos

(DonKBawlz) #37

@Nail said:

@DonKBawlz said:
quit being a homo

quit being an ignorant pos

Lighten up

(watsyurdeal) #38

Living your life is a great lube if you’re getting f’ed by in game chat.

(GatoCommodore) #39

i dont know why people are talking about chat toxicity while there is still team jumper in stopwatch that jumps to winning team or go to the spectator if his team is losing

pure toxicity material right there
just close the spectate mode already.