COD 2018

(Demonic_Muff1n) #1

so for those of you that have kept up with the latest on cod news, you’ll know that the new black ops 4 game might not have a campaign and will be a multiplayer based game. I think this is a major take on the franchise as we dirty bomb players play a game that doesnt have a campaign and is multiplayer based. Also if you’ve heard the rumors they might even introduce a battle royale game mode. If you ask me though a battle royale wouldn’t suit cod. Although i am curious in what era this cod will be taking place in? because we all know that most cod fans are tired of the futuristic bullshit, but for me setting it back in the present or in the past just wouldn’t sit well with me. Anyways im curious how this is gonna play out and see where this leads to. Post your thoughts below.

(CyberVonCyberus) #2

well if the gameplay is just going to be another copy paste of the other games I honestly don’t care. I’m tired of Activision and EA trying to sell us the same reskinned games every year.

(Chilled Sanity) #3

I don’t care about Cod of Duty or Shitfield.
They are the same game with little gimmicks that “change” the game every new iteration. They are not even the slightest bit realistic so that takes out one of their excuses.

I was a little bit less biased towards CoD in the past though, since they had an actual campaign that was at worst; decent. Even though the MP was mostly the same.

Battlefield on the other hand feel the same in every way. Their MP feels the same every time,
and their single player campaigns are just trash-fires that got out of control (Except Bad Company 2, I adore that game).

(Demonic_Muff1n) #4

@LoafOfBread said:
They are the same game with little gimmicks that “change” the game every new iteration. They are not even the slightest bit realistic so that takes out one of their excuses.

I was a little bit less biased towards CoD in the past though, since they had an actual campaign that was at worst; decent. Even though the MP was mostly the same.

Battlefield on the other hand feel the same in every way. Their MP feels the same every time,
and their single player campaigns are just trash-fires that got out of control (Except Bad Company 2, I adore that game).

i agree with the battlefield campaigns they were just absolute shit. the cod campaigns were good until advanced warfare, advanced warfare was an okay campaign but after that the campaign shit just dropped for bo3. bo3 campaign actually had so much potential for it but then they screwed it up with some AI bullshit and everything. Infinite warfare on the other hand, the campaign was decent overall but i loved the characters and their diversity (ethan was my fav). Now onto ww2 which came last year, again it had decent characters but they were able to depict the soldiers during that time and also again did a decent job with the campaign.

@CyberVonCyberus said:
well if the gameplay is just going to be another copy paste of the other games I honestly don’t care. I’m tired of Activision and EA trying to sell us the same reskinned games every year.

I totally agree especially with the ubisoft downgrades at the e3 events, watchdogs 2 and far cry 5 are literally the only games they didnt screw up in e3. Honestly im not surprised EA and activision are losing popularity, they have a tendency of not listening to fans.

(Chilled Sanity) #5

@Demonic_Muff1n said:

@LoafOfBread said:

i agree with the battlefield campaigns they were just absolute @$!#. the cod campaigns were good until advanced warfare, advanced warfare was an okay campaign but after that the campaign @$!# just dropped for bo3. bo3 campaign actually had so much potential for it but then they screwed it up with some AI bullshit and everything. Infinite warfare on the other hand, the campaign was decent overall but i loved the characters and their diversity (ethan was my fav). Now onto ww2 which came last year, again it had decent characters but they were able to depict the soldiers during that time and also again did a decent job with the campaign.

@CyberVonCyberus said:

I totally agree especially with the ubisoft downgrades at the e3 events, watchdogs 2 and far cry 5 are literally the only games they didnt @$!# up in e3. Honestly im not surprised EA and activision are losing popularity, they have a tendency of not listening to fans.

The problem is EA and Activision owns most of the game companies;

EA kills them, and dissolves them into their own branches (I.E. Danger Close, Westwood)

Activision just uses them as a front cover (I.E. Blizzard)

(GatoCommodore) #6
   >buying games from EA and Activision in the first place

I seriously hope you guys don’t do this

(Chilled Sanity) #7

@GatoCommodore said:

I seriously hope you guys don’t do this

I do buy a lot of Activision games

Sorry to disappoint KitGat

(CyberVonCyberus) #8

@GatoCommodore said: