Cobalt Skins:

(JonBongNoJovi) #21

Cobalt’s don’t mean nothing anymore, more and more they are being devalued , Ranked , Event and now the “ego” load-outs all available mean they ain’t nothing special.

(Sorotia) #22

@JonBongNoJovi said:
Cobalt’s don’t mean nothing anymore, more and more they are being devalued , Ranked , Event and now the “ego” load-outs all available mean they ain’t nothing special.

Well they are expensive…that is about it.

(DB Genome editor) #23

@Sorotia said:

@Wintergreen said:
Well, I did it. At least with a few of my golds and most of my cobalts. Got so many credits and crafting kits to spend. Goal is to get absolutely everything and anything I could ever find myself using in bronze (almost there anyway), carbon on 75% of my cards I commonly use, and crown gold for all of my main loadouts. Be good to me tonight, DB.

Also, no idea why so many people call the other silver loadout urban. I guess I sort of see it, but to me it seems more of like a digital winter/tundra camo. Looks great on Phoenix.

Because that is what it is officially called…I know it’s snow camo but the game calls it urban.
Look at the camo on the player models, especially the Friendly variant, that’s definitely not snow camo. Even the paler Enemy variant and the one on the guns is still grey on grey, put that next to actual snow and you’ll definitely stand out.

(Your worst knifemare.) #24

@Djiesse said:

@Sorotia said:

@Wintergreen said:
Well, I did it. At least with a few of my golds and most of my cobalts. Got so many credits and crafting kits to spend. Goal is to get absolutely everything and anything I could ever find myself using in bronze (almost there anyway), carbon on 75% of my cards I commonly use, and crown gold for all of my main loadouts. Be good to me tonight, DB.

Also, no idea why so many people call the other silver loadout urban. I guess I sort of see it, but to me it seems more of like a digital winter/tundra camo. Looks great on Phoenix.

Because that is what it is officially called…I know it’s snow camo but the game calls it urban.
Look at the camo on the player models, especially the Friendly variant, that’s definitely not snow camo. Even the paler Enemy variant and the one on the guns is still grey on grey, put that next to actual snow and you’ll definitely stand out.

Though it would be better to use that than using any of the gold or cobalt skins.

(Sorotia) #25

@Djiesse said:

@Sorotia said:

@Wintergreen said:

Other than being a bit lighter than Snow Camo I don’t see why it couldn’t be a variation. I did a search on Urban Camo and basically every variation came up from snow…to the blue navy camo…to jungle…ect ect

(GatoCommodore) #26

this is snow tundra

this is urban digital

(Sorotia) #27

Color wise the urban camo is still closer to snow than that urban.

That urban is mostly grey with lighter colors…while snow is white with other colors.

The only difference between the snow camo you linked and in game urban is the in game version has more green, a color which isn’t displayed and out of place in any kind of urban

Though not really a idea version of either…I still stand by my opinion that the game’s urban is closer to snow than any other color.

Pattern wise it’s more suited for an urban environment, but color wise I can’t see anything other than a winter camouflage.

Also, correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t believe any police force or military across the world uses white weapons outside of a snowy environment. http://imgur.com/CfafKSg

(Nail) #29

they don’t use cricket bats either

B)

(PorkyPerson) #30

@Lord_Coctus said:
Anything bronze and above is free game when it comes to usefulness so just use the skins you like and save those cobalts for when trading comes out or the crafting system gets better.

Exactly what I was going to say. I am skeptical that this game will last long enough for a trading system. I’d still hold on to cobalts, especially first editions. At least wait until there’s another crafting event.

I never really understood why cobalt skins were the hardest to get. It looks sweet on some mercs and dumb on others. Similarly I thought I loved Swiss for a long time, but it turned out it was just my favorite skin for Aura and Sparks. Bamboo looks better to me on other mercs, Sawbonez and Rhino for example. Cobalts do make enemies look friendly, but that’s a pretty crap reason to use them.

(DB Genome editor) #31

@Wintergreen said:
Pattern wise it’s more suited for an urban environment, but color wise I can’t see anything other than a winter camouflage.

Would you consider this a snow / winter camouflage?

That’s the US Army’s all-purpose ACUPAT, definitely not classified as a snow camo. Yet if you sample the 3 main shades of grey, all of them are brighter then the 3 shades of grey that make up the Urban camo on that Phoenix pic above…

The lightest color in any snow camo is almost invariably pure white, not a 40%-ish grey.

Would you consider this a snow / winter camouflage?

No, not at all. I get what constitutes an urban camo and I do see elements of that in a lot of DB silvers. I think what throws me off is the contrast of very subtle light green, teal, turquoise, and chrome-ish hues that are prevalent on a lot of the urban DB camos. It gives it a brighter look to me and a white weapon in an urban warzone seems backwards. I mean, it’s a game and I doubt they were aiming for any real-life relevance while making these, but if they were in fact aiming for a standard urban I just don’t see it. That said, it could also just be my eyes and the color grading options I use while playing. Threw these sample images together real quick though:

My eyes see a camo better suited for an urban environment in a winter warzone, not necessarily pure snow. We’re beating a dead horse here and I didn’t mean to turn this into a lightweight debate lol. If that’s urban by DB logic, I’ll concede that it’s some janky lookin’ urban.

(Homu1124) #33

Ewww red guns. Eww wooden gold. I definitely like the dark blue and chrome look. As for lower skins, I’m all for the matte black and urban camouflage of silver. Bronze’s military green is nice and generic for 1st tier all unlock augments so that’s fine. The only gold skin I like so far is the crown since it actually looks gold.