Character Hit Boxes

(LeeStyle) #41

Yeah, Q3/QL hitboxes are massive compared to DB, it’s literally like a big box an inch off the keel model edges

(INF3RN0) #42

[QUOTE=pulley;439505]this is a good hitbox :slight_smile: Remember we dont play CS or COD where only 3 Bodyhits can kill you!

[/QUOTE]

This is not a good hitbox at all. Do you really want to get hit reg when hitting thin air?

(pulley) #43

yes in this game I want it. Because most time u have infight and infights atm are soooooo stupid…
inferno you should try cs go. fits better to your gaming style

(Valdez) #44

Were etqw’s hit boxes better?? I cant find a screenshot for etqw’s hitboxes.

(Mustang) #45

Instead of:

if (tracer.collisionItem.getType() == 'head') {
  headshot = true;
}

Make it:

if (isModelInPath(tracer.collisionItem.getHeadCoords(), tracer.getPath())) {
  headshot = true;
}

(spookify) #46

Once they fix this I think I could play for hours! I would be controlling of my own destiny not some random spread! Need more USA players tho… A lot more…

Posting to see if my signature works too haha :wink:

(INF3RN0) #47

ETQW had hexagonal hit boxes I think (info was on the old ETQW forum that got shut down). They were confined to the different parts of the body models and not just a big square drawn around the player. I’m sure Smooth or someone could verify.

(Ashog) #48

I hope this works :slight_smile:

(Valdez) #49

This was the only image I could find for etqw hit boxes. It seemed the body hit box fit the player model, however the head hit box was the width of the body, which is interesting. Makes getting head shots a lot easier.

(Ashog) #50

Hmm strange. Could it be they changed it in later patches?

(INF3RN0) #51

[QUOTE=Valdez;439584]

This was the only image I could find for etqw hit boxes. It seemed the body hit box fit the player model, however the head hit box was the width of the body, which is interesting. Makes getting head shots a lot easier.[/QUOTE]

That doesn’t seem accurate. Chances are that hitboxes were changed from beta and possibly in the first patches.

(Evil-Doer) #52

Maybe we should innovate to “Hit Globes” - Rather than boxes lets do spheres.

(INF3RN0) #53

[QUOTE=pulley;439570]yes in this game I want it. Because most time u have infight and infights atm are soooooo stupid…
inferno you should try cs go. fits better to your gaming style[/QUOTE]

CS does have multiple model tight hit boxes. Do you not think that model tight hitboxes are more skillful and less random??? What’s my gaming style anyway, wanting higher skill requirements for games?

(Evil-Doer) #54

CSGO and CSS Hitboxes

If we want small hit boxes, that’s absolutely fine. But we need to define the spread in the guns. As far as I know their is like three different spreads on guns an it’s random. So at the end of the day you can’t even teach yourself the spread properly because there is no set spray.

The thing with CS is it’s a slow game, strategic, an the game can be mastered with the aiming. In a Dirty Bomb type game I don’t think there is any place for extremely small hit boxes an random spread. At this point there is to much random factor an for me that’s not enjoyable, I want to hit what I’m shooting. CS spread an hit boxes work, because it’s so slow.

I’m down with trying anything. I’m curious why like the entire soldier head isn’t within the hit box?

(pulley) #55

i dont care what they do.
tighter hitboxes -> more damage and less spread (that will not happen because they want to sell new mercs and not all mercs can have the same weapon spread)
wider hitboxes -> try leaving spread like it is but still need a bit more damage

(Valdez) #56

Personally I would like to test both ways out.

Larger hitboxes with current weapon mechanics vs Current hitboxes with new weapon mechanics (reduced spread)

(INF3RN0) #57

Could make a poll on the two systems? I know ETQW people are used to the more defined hitboxes. I don’t see why ET or RTCW people would find it unattractive either since it raises the skill gap, but yes the weapons would need to have less max spread to allow it to function.

(Evil-Doer) #58

[QUOTE=pulley;439603]i dont care what they do.
tighter hitboxes -> more damage and less spread (that will not happen because they want to sell new mercs and not all mercs can have the same weapon spread)
wider hitboxes -> try leaving spread like it is but still need a bit more damage[/QUOTE]

If we take a look at APB Reloaded they do great at selling weapons, models, looks, colors an all of the above. Also this game is third person, is a slower pace an you can lean shoot an what have ya. The guns all have different distance, spread, rate of fire. Also, you can put modifications on all the guns across the board.

The difference once again, is the speed an type of game. Can we fit all these different aspects of guns into Dirty Bomb an have it work with the type of style we are playing.

I believe that when I first got in this Alpha the game was slower, the sprint was delayed…the way the game was THEN is more or less what would have made all these factors work better. Can we make all these factors work in a team based shooter, with the old school ways that many of us like? I’m not saying “old school” in any specific game either, I’m saying across the board, can we have a faster paced game with so many factors?

(Evil-Doer) #59

Can you just stop saying “ETQW people” or “ET or RTCW people” all together, it’s starting to get quite ****ing annoying. Just put all that stuff aside. No need to even mention that. You draw a line between the groups more than anyone half the time with your blatant remarks on the “different people”. Just drop it. An talk about the hit boxes themselves.

(spookify) #60

[QUOTE=pulley;439603]i dont care what they do.
wider hitboxes -> try leaving spread like it is but still need a bit more damage[/QUOTE]

It matters a great deal because there’s a big difference when aiming in the vicinity of a player VS aiming at a player with random spread + Distance + Movement - Larger hit boxes - More Damage while sort of aiming + Crouching - Moving > Jumping VS More Spread + Slower Rate of Fire + Headshot Hit Boxs Should also be placed in Both Knee’s VS No Spread OR Recoil but Clips only hold 4 Bullets and before you can pull out your pistol it needs to be reloaded!!!

In conclusion I think everyone agree Headshot hit boxes should be placed in both knee’s :confused:

Seriously: Damage is Good, Rate of Fire is High and Spread is way to much especially while moving

Side Note: Shot and Sprint Please!
Side Note: Relead and Sprint Please!