Character Hit Boxes

(Smooth) #21

Yes, you need a clear view of the head to get a head-shot.

(pulley) #22

oh, thats good know!
But it should be removed XD Make the hitboxes more simple. Maybe the weapon Power atm will then be enough!

(Ashog) #23

Yeah it should be, but how? I am no expert but I don’t see a possibility apart from revamping all models :frowning:

(pulley) #24

this is a good hitbox :slight_smile: Remember we dont play CS or COD where only 3 Bodyhits can kill you!

(iwound) #25

so keep your head down to make less of a target. vsay “keep ya 'ead darn”

(Ashog) #26

Heh, mate, the other way round :wink:

Keep head up and count them pigeonz! ^^

(Dragonji) #27

[QUOTE=pulley;439505]this is a good hitbox :slight_smile: Remember we dont play CS or COD where only 3 Bodyhits can kill you!

[/QUOTE]
This is an awful hitbox cause:

1. It’s big as hell
  2. If you aim on head level you are in a “win-win situation” - if you don’t hit the head you’re still being granted with body shots.

(pulley) #28

omg dragonji XD What games did you play before? It’s the benefit of good aim. Strafing at infight and aiming on the head. 2 Headshots 1 Body-Headshot -> player dead as it should be

(pulley) #29

Dragonji
An Enemy Territory Fan

if you played pro mod you played with this hitbox…

(Hundopercent) #30

[QUOTE=Dragonji;439510]This is an awful hitbox cause:

1. It’s big as hell
  2. If you aim on head level you are in a “win-win situation” - if you don’t hit the head you’re still being granted with body shots.[/QUOTE]

Lol, that’s the hit box of RtCW and ET I believe. When you have high spread weapons it’s almost necessary to have a bigger hitbox. That’s one of the problems right now with DB and that TTKs being so high. The hitboxes are small and the spread is wild.

Fix one or the other it doesn’t matter but it needs to be looked in to.

(.N.E.R.D.) #31

So all hitboxes are really the same ? I can’t really believe that when I compare the soldier head with the engie head.

(spookify) #32

Also a little trickery with the height of the players… Some are tall and some are shorter.

I love the realistic hit boxes. It could make for an epic shooter and really give super accurate accuracy and set apart good from great players.

While we are in the Alpha stage could we get our Accuracy Displayed at the end of each round? Overall Acc and HS Acc?
I think this should be put in sooner then later because it will confirm what we are feeling in the game.

With the super accurate hit boxes wouldnt that fix the problem of prone and all those Hit box issues in ET?

Side Note about the lights. I remember reading that SD was going to move the lights away from the head but maybe also rethink the lights and have them as bright stripes with no halo glow? Vertical stripes on each shoulder and somewhere on the legs. with no halo glow. Just a suggestion.

Update player colors in general. They are all murky and gray washed out just like the sidewalk looking. Blaa. Brighter Blue in the camo and Orange. Clear heads.

Little to No Spread. I just love posting this at the end and being redundant. haha

(Mustang) #33

It’s should be quite easy to make headshots be counted even if the arm/gun/hand is in the way, no need to revamp any models.

+1

[QUOTE=spookify;439528]While we are in the Alpha stage could we get our Accuracy Displayed at the end of each round? Overall Acc and HS Acc?
I think this should be put in sooner then later because it will confirm what we are feeling in the game.[/QUOTE]
Accuracy should be displayed on release, not only for alpha, it’s already on the wishlist.

If we must have lights or coloured strips instead of properly different skins then something like this would be much better.

In my head this is looking like glow-in-the-dark stripes that are uniformly laid out so aim is not put off.

Since the lights have been added I’ve been noticing that I fire a lot lower and to the right, instead of at head height and in the centre.

(OwNLY) #34

In the moment the hitboxes are pretty nice, the hitreg however needs some improvement.
I can **** with it using FRAPS to get down to 30FPS… getting nearly unhittable while hitting every shot :smiley:
Tested several times in 1on1 with a mate on an empty server, and on public.

But the game already has some strange spread issues.
If your aim is not perfectly on your enemys hitbox, your spread nearly equals zero and doesn´t reach the enemy.
However, if you are on your enemys hitbox you hit him no matter how big your spread in the moment is.
This was tested on an empty server, my mate put a magazine full auto into a handrail infront of me without hitting me.

@ spookify: Something like “Furthermore, I consider that Carthage must be destroyed” ?

(spookify) #35

I am a total Roman when it comes to FPS’s! I want the game to be the best and I want to be the best. I will change my name from spookify to Cato the Elder…

(Ashog) #36

How? Making everythyng that is above neck count as headshot? What if you shoot an enemy from aside into the same arm/gun?

(woll3) #37

+1 for “tron style”

(Valdez) #38

I have noticed this too. Like you said It just seems as if you do not have the crosshair on your target the spread will never register a hit. I personally think if you make larger hit boxes this would fix a lot of the issues going on. If you kept the current hit box size and made the guns more accurate, I really do not think that would work well for this type of game. Having to be pin point accurate in a fast paced shooter that requires tracking does not work that well if you ask me, has this been in any other fast paced fps??

(OwNLY) #39

hmm any Quake games?
There you need to be perfectly on the hitbox to hit with the LG/RG.
It had a pretty big hitbox, but was really fast paced.
DB is a bit slower, but has smaller hitboxes.
TTK seems pretty ok right now, but when all the issues will be fixed, the TTK will be waaaay too low.

Reduce spread, lower ROF.

(Valdez) #40

[QUOTE=OwNLY;439556]hmm any Quake games?
There you need to be perfectly on the hitbox to hit with the LG/RG.
It had a pretty big hitbox, but was really fast paced.
DB is a bit slower, but has smaller hitboxes.
TTK seems pretty ok right now, but when all the issues will be fixed, the TTK will be waaaay too low.

Reduce spread, lower ROF.[/QUOTE]

quake 3 had the same size hit boxes that rtcw et had. So basically q3’s hit boxes are double the size of DB’s… q3 is not double the speed (in terms of being fast paced) as DB is.

I am all for trying whatever, because right now it is just not working.